Quantcast
Ozan Kabak - Page 14 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VladimirIlyich

Ozan Kabak

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Well, they conceded two and the Dutch missed a penalty. I assume Kabak conceded that, as he was booked just before it was taken (according to Livescore Match Tracker)... 

That’s some Evertonian taxi driving deduction that.

13 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

90'+4'

Post update

Penalty saved! Memphis Depay (Netherlands) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, right footed shot saved in the bottom left corner.

90'+4'

Booking

Ozan Kabak (Turkey) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

90'+4'

Post update

Penalty Netherlands. Matthijs de Ligt draws a foul in the penalty area.

90'+4'

Post update

Penalty conceded by Ozan Kabak (Turkey) after a foul in the penalty area.

Yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is cute from the Echo.  It's saying that he's doing quite well for his age and suggesting that we're unreasonable for expecting him to play like the solid, experienced defender we need. They may have a point. But that doesn't change the fact that we weren't unreasonable to want a solid, experienced defender bringing in at the start of January. 

 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ozan-kabak-van-dijk-20216393

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is cute from the Echo.  It's saying that he's doing quite well for his age and suggesting that we're unreasonable for expecting him to play like the solid, experienced defender we need. They may have a point. But that doesn't change the fact that we weren't unreasonable to want a solid, experienced defender bringing in at the start of January. 

 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ozan-kabak-van-dijk-20216393

 

are you suggesting Ben Davies is not a solid, experienced defender? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only caught the end of the game but he was very questionable for Turkey last night. 
 

Depending on whether he got a shout or not, he was at fault for Holland’s 2nd goal and then gave away a needless penalty, which the keeper saved.

 

Obviously missing Big Nat Phillips alongside him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Only caught the end of the game but he was very questionable for Turkey last night. 
 

Depending on whether he got a shout or not, he was at fault for Holland’s 2nd goal and then gave away a needless penalty, which the keeper saved.

 

Obviously missing Big Nat Phillips alongside him.

Did you not read that article, we’re in awe of him I tell ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge fan before he came here or now really but he is young, watched him a lot in the Bundesliga. Watched the whole game and he was fine, the second goal he ducks as the goalie clearly shouted, just watch the other defender have a go.

The pen was unnecessary but you see loads like that not given. He was very good bringing the ball out of defence with one really great chipped ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Played for Turkey today in their win over the Dutch. 
 

anyone watch it? How did he do?

 

He was very good apart from giving away the pen by unnecessarily hugging a player who wasn't really a threat right at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

he was very questionable for Turkey last night. 

 

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He was very good apart from giving away the pen by unnecessarily hugging a player who wasn't really a threat right at the end. 

 

"squints eyes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Not a huge fan before he came here or now really but he is young, watched him a lot in the Bundesliga. Watched the whole game and he was fine, the second goal he ducks as the goalie clearly shouted, just watch the other defender have a go.

The pen was unnecessary but you see loads like that not given. He was very good bringing the ball out of defence with one really great chipped ball.

 

 

1:40 and 1:55 are interesting bits of control

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

 

 

"squints eyes"


I only saw the last 15 mins, when he made at least 1, possibly 2 mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I only saw the last 15 mins, when he made at least 1, possibly 2 mistakes. 

My uncle was tight and only turned up on the Kop for the last 15 minutes when the gates opened. He lived close, never missed a 6th of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems Jurgen Klopp doesn't think so.

Klopp just doesn't want to play 2 new ones at once. He's a superstar in the making once he's settled in. It's clear to anyone. We wouldn't have bought him just to flip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp just doesn't want to play 2 new ones at once. He's a superstar in the making once he's settled in. It's clear to anyone. We wouldn't have bought him just to flip. 

Silly me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't have much to do, but looked alright when he had to  - apart from one moment in the second half, when the ball got away from Phillips and Ozan just stepped in and took charge as coolly as Virg himself.

 

I'm starting to warm to this cat.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×