You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ozan Kabak

VladimirIlyich

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I have cold sweats thinking about the high potential of a clusterfuck with Gomez's injury situation.  

Virgil perhaps in a better place, after all he was close to playing in the Euros, but Gomez feels like he's miles away.  

And I'm hardly bouncing when thinking about Matip's future.  

And Konate also has the potential for injuries.  

Look, when bad things to a club, they happen to us usually, and if someone told me in September that all four were injured for a game, I'd not be surprised.  

Chances are we're going to be playing Frogger with those four, hoping two of four are fit to play at any one time.  That may be possible in a year's time when perhaps some game time raises some further niggles and smaller lay offs, but 2021 could still see substantial layoffs for Virg, Gomez and Matip. 

It's a really shit way to start a season, I don't envy Klopp, I think he perhaps needs to make a difficult decision around selling one of Matip or Gomez, or buying two CBs this window.  One CB won't cut it, and if that one is Konate...it's a risk that likely to backfire spectacularly. 

I hope you are spectacularly wrong but I wouldn't surprised if you are not. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I have cold sweats thinking about the high potential of a clusterfuck with Gomez's injury situation.  

Virgil perhaps in a better place, after all he was close to playing in the Euros, but Gomez feels like he's miles away.  

And I'm hardly bouncing when thinking about Matip's future.  

And Konate also has the potential for injuries.  

Look, when bad things to a club, they happen to us usually, and if someone told me in September that all four were injured for a game, I'd not be surprised.  

Chances are we're going to be playing Frogger with those four, hoping two of four are fit to play at any one time.  That may be possible in a year's time when perhaps some game time raises some further niggles and smaller lay offs, but 2021 could still see substantial layoffs for Virg, Gomez and Matip. 

It's a really shit way to start a season, I don't envy Klopp, I think he perhaps needs to make a difficult decision around selling one of Matip or Gomez, or buying two CBs this window.  One CB won't cut it, and if that one is Konate...it's a risk that likely to backfire spectacularly. 

Nothing difficult about bin bagging Matip.

He is a waste of a big wage and a squad place....simply can't be relied upon, and we should not risk it - it is reckless to do so unless we have lots of other options.

It was bad enough going into this season with just 3 senior centre halves this season and one of them being Matip, but he managed to compound things by being even more unreliable than ever just when we needed him desperately.

Class player, really is....but simply can't be relied upon.

Get him gone and get in a solid centre half who is ready to play when needed.

His record is so bad he makes Naby Keita look like Gini Wijnaldum reliability wise.

In terms of being gutted about not turning this loan into a perm, are posters...

Guttted like we didn’t sign Anelka?

Gutted like we didn’t sign Moses / Manquillo? 

Not that I particularly rate either, but Phillips’ form is surely reason enough not to spend £18m on Kabak.

Kabak was Ok. No more, no less. 

51 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

"He's fine, look, he's kicking a ball".  

It's the hope that gets you....

I’m massively more concerned about Gomez coming back to the player he was than I am VVD.

The list of players who have come back from an ACL is very long, even going back 20+ years.

Although a rarer a injury, I can’t remember many players coming back from their knee cap falling out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In terms of being gutted about not turning this loan into a perm, are posters...

Guttted like we didn’t sign Anelka?

Gutted like we didn’t sign Moses / Manquillo? 

Not that I particularly rate either, but Phillips’ form is surely reason enough not to spend £18m on Kabak.

Kabak was Ok. No more, no less. 

I just feel a bit sorry for the lad. He got wiped out by Allison which resulted in a comedy goal, against Leicester was it yet he, Kabak, seemed to have the finger pointed at him?

Took a few games to steady up, the lad came and helped us out. The club has decided not to follow up the loan so, it answers the question the club's scouting department had.

As I said before, just wish the lad the best of luck wherever he ends up except when playing against us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I just feel a bit sorry for the lad. He got wiped out by Allison which resulted in a comedy goal, against Leicester was it yet he, Kabak, seemed to have the finger pointed at him?

Took a few games to steady up, the lad came and helped us out. The club has decided not to follow up the loan so, it answers the question the club's scouting department had.

As I said before, just wish the lad the best of luck wherever he ends up except when playing against us.

I think our general success rate on transfers recently have been good, so I wouldn’t question our scouting. 

I know were linked with Kabak last summer, but from reading the stories on the deal in January, it sounds like David Wagner bent Klopp’s ear a bit. 

A player we’ve clearly watched, a potentially beneficial deal for both clubs and your best mate recommends him, I can see why we took the chance. 

I get the points you’ve made, I just can’t get excited either way. I’m as apathetic not signing him as I would if we’d signed him. 

He was Ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Alongside Phillips, I wouldn’t say he’s worth spending £18m on. 

I thought he was decent, and a lot better than Rhys Williams. But he's a full Turkish international with Bundesliga and Champions League experience so I'd expect him to be.

Said a while back we needed both Kabak and Konate. Phillips has done a lot better than I thought he would, and I guess if we get an aggressive ball winning midfielder to replace Wijnaldum, it won't hurt us so much if Fabinho covers centre back again. Given their injury records, I would put money on there being games next season where Gomez, Matip, Konate, Van Dijk and Henderson are all unavailable. So at that point we either stick Rhys Williams in alongside Phillips, which is a shit idea if we want to win the league or CL, or we move Fabinho back. We can do that quite easily if we get a midfielder who covers for him.

I think Phillips has been good enough that Kabak didn't represent value any more. Either that, or we're being wildly optimistic about how many games Gomez, Matip and Konate will be available for.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I think our general success rate on transfers recently have been good, so I wouldn’t question our scouting. 

I know were linked with Kabak last summer, but from reading the stories on the deal in January, it sounds like David Wagner bent Klopp’s ear a bit. 

A player we’ve clearly watched, a potentially beneficial deal for both clubs and your best mate recommends him, I can see why we took the chance. 

I get the points you’ve made, I just can’t get excited either way. I’m as apathetic not signing him as I would if we’d signed him. 

He was Ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Alongside Phillips, I wouldn’t say he’s worth spending £18m on. 

No wasnt questioning our scouting which I think has been excellent in the last 5 years or so. Only Keita has failed of the big money buys, Karius at £5m is just loose change.

What I meant was he'd been on our radar for a while as a possible transfer target. Now, via this loan, we've had proper chance to evaluate him in the hurly burly of the PL so the scouting department didnt just have to rely on scouting reports on which to make recommendations about buying him.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No wasnt questioning our scouting which I think has been excellent in the last 5 years or so. Only Keita has failed of the big money buys, Karius at £5m is just loose change.

What I meant was he'd been on our radar for a while as a possible transfer target. Now, via this loan, we've had proper chance to evaluate him in the hurly burly of the PL so the scouting department didnt just have to rely on scouting reports on which to make recommendations about buying him.

Ah, yes, misread. Apologies.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are getting too wound up thinking every body is Barry Wom!

FSG SPENT FUCKING £75m LAST SUMMER...

Edit - yes, sorry, my bad. 

Double Edit - I’m exasperated, not angry!

21 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Gomez has been training with a ball for three weeks.  He'll be ready for September. 

According to James Pearce, Gomez is the most advanced in his recovery out of the three of them. 

Given his injury wasn't as severe back and was back in January, I would expected Matip to be the first back but there you go. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

According to James Pearce, Gomez is the most advanced in his recovery out of the three of them. 

Given his injury wasn't as severe back and was back in January, I would expected Matip to be the first back but there you go. 

Never expect anything from Matip.

To be honest, I dont want us to ever again be in a situation which requires Fabinho needing to cover center back. Seen it suggested by a couple people as being ok to have 4 CBs and Fabinho as cover. I'd rather we go into next season with 6 proper CB options and leave Fabinho in his best position permanently. 

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

To be honest, I dont want us to ever again be in a situation which requires Fabinho needing to cover center back. Seen it suggested by a couple people as being ok to have 4 CBs and Fabinho as cover. I'd rather we go into next season with 6 proper CB options and leave Fabinho in his best position permanently. 

You’d rather 6? Why not 8? Or 10? Why not 10 world class players in each position? That’s what I’d prefer. 

Obvioualy I’m being flippant but the point I’m making is that everyone would prefer 6 CB and to leave Fabinho in his favourite position. Of course. The issue is that it’s not going to happen under FSG. 

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You’d rather 6? Why not 8? Or 10? Why not 10 world class players in each position? That’s what I’d prefer. 

Obvioualy I’m being flippant but the point I’m making is that everyone would prefer 6 CB and to leave Fabinho in his favourite position. Of course. The issue is that it’s not going to happen under FSG. 

We can easily have 6 options. I'm not saying all of them have to be world class. We already even have the options on ground. Fuck needing to have Fabinho as an option there 

Is it really unreasonable that we go into next season having Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips and Davies?

That's your 6 right there with 2 of those being on low enough wages. We simply need that number because our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice CBs are all likely to pick niggling injuries due to being out for so long with serious injuries.