You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ozan Kabak

VladimirIlyich

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s quite clear that Phillips & Kabak are the next Hansen & Lawrenson, Carragher & Hyypia, Adams & Bould, Vidic & Ferdinand, Calvalho & Terry but better than all of them combined.

Loved the way he looked like he might have been in trouble for a second being surrounded by arse forwards and just very calmly took the ball into midfield, he's looking good now him and Philips. Both were very good. 

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Didn't have much to do, but looked alright when he had to  - apart from one moment in the second half, when the ball got away from Phillips and Ozan just stepped in and took charge as coolly as Virg himself.

I'm starting to warm to this cat.

Yeah, he's improving with each game. I still can't work out if he has pace or not. But I see that as a good thing as it means he's not getting himself caught out and needs to recover. Arsenal didn't really do much to threaten today, but he was again more than competent. Shame we didn't snag him at the start of the window as I suspect we might be better placed in the top 4 race now if we had. 

I'm hearing that any talk of Liverpool not wanting to sign Kabak is a ploy to get Schalke to lower the price from £18m, possibly even as low as half that.

Still too early to judge, but he hasnt done much wrong over the last few games. His character was talked about before he arrived, and as long as Klopp is around I expect that side of things to be fine.

He’s decent in the air and has decent speed. I reckon we’re looking for more than decent however in both of those departements, so still suspect that he may be moved on if we are able to recruit other players higher on our list.

2 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Still too early to judge, but he hasnt done much wrong over the last few games. His character was talked about before he arrived, and as long as Klopp is around I expect that side of things to be fine.

He’s decent in the air and has decent speed. I reckon we’re looking for more than decent however in both of those departements, so still suspect that he may be moved on if we are able to recruit other players higher on our list.

I'd put able to remain injury free as more of a requirement than those 2 given our strife this season.

Has he already played more consecutive games than Matip this season ?  That wouldn't be difficult though.

He could well be a cracking long term investment, it'll be interesting to see if he's showing Klopp enough to convince him in training and on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...