You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 2 - Jurassic Park vs Alien

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 2 - Jurassic Park vs Alien  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 2 - Jurassic Park vs Alien

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/21 at 16:19

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Never seen Aliens or Jurassic Park? 

No, I've never seen most of the films that's been mentioned in these tournaments, obviously I know what they are and seen excerpts but I've never thought that I'll watch that, like all so called blockbusters. 

I do like a good movie though but mainly older ones, eg Night of the Hunter  Inherit the Wind etc, the action is in the dialogue for me and they have something to say. 

How any one but a child can watch say Star Wars I don't know, I'd rather watch Fireball XL5 or Bleep and Booster at least you can see the strings attached. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

No, I've never seen most of the films that's been mentioned in these tournaments, obviously I know what they are and seen excerpts but I've never thought that I'll watch that, like all so called blockbusters. 

I do like a good movie though but mainly older ones, eg Night of the Hunter  Inherit the Wind etc, the action is in the dialogue for me and they have something to say. 

How any one but a child can watch say Star Wars I don't know, I'd rather watch Fireball XL5 or Bleep and Booster at least you can see the strings attached. 

The Night of the Cunter rep.

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Negged for the Star Wars comment. Plus you’ve not seen either film and voted!.

Absolutely outrageous behaviour.  

21 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Negged for the Star Wars comment. Plus you’ve not seen either film and voted!.

Absolutely outrageous behaviour.  

Crikey, negged what a downer. 

I only voted on what I believe to be the better one from what I've seen of them, I'll never do it again I promise. 

As I said once I asked my neice where she was off to one night and she said she had to go to see the new Star War Film with her fella, looking pissed off, as he was into all that shite and nearly 40 as well plus he got a cob on with me because I didn't know who Princess thingyo was and he plays Star War games at home, but not in hers  anymore. He was alright mind but fucksake, incomprehensible, things from other planets with weird foreheads and stuff painted on their faces with human attributes, ridiculous but escapism I suppose which is OK. 

I was hoping to get a good night's kip tonight too, being negged has done for that thanks, maybe I could watch a Star Wars film though so that might help me into the arms of Morpheus. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Crikey, negged what a downer. 

I only voted on what I believe to be the better one from what I've seen of them, I'll never do it again I promise. 

As I said once I asked my neice where she was off to one night and she said she had to go to see the new Star War Film with her fella, looking pissed off, as he was into all that shite and nearly 40 as well plus he got a cob on with me because I didn't know who Princess thingyo was and he plays Star War games at home, but not in hers  anymore. He was alright mind but fucksake, incomprehensible, things from other planets with weird foreheads and stuff painted on their faces with human attributes, ridiculous but escapism I suppose which is OK. 

I was hoping to get a good night's kip tonight too, being negged has done for that thanks, maybe I could watch a Star Wars film though so that might help me into the arms of Morpheus. 

Carrie Fisher was boss.

253393A6-2C5D-474D-AB4E-EE1E59F95117.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Carrie Fisher was boss.

253393A6-2C5D-474D-AB4E-EE1E59F95117.jpeg

That's maybe, I just didn't know who she was but when it was reported on telly that she'd died I had heard of her name vaguely, but no idea of Princess Leah,which I now remember, because I've never seen or read about Star Wars apart from watching the news etc. 

Oh and her mother wasn't to bad either. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

That's maybe, I just didn't know who she was but when it was reported on telly that she'd died I had heard of her name vaguely, but no idea of Princess Leah,which I now remember, because I've never seen or read about Star Wars apart from watching the news etc. 

Oh and her mother wasn't to bad either. 

A4FD6B81-1B9F-442D-A5F9-BE949F66F021.jpeg