You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham 1 Liverpool 3 (Jan 31 2021)

tlw content

17 hours ago, No2 said:

@dave u Michael Oliver appointed for Sunday

If I had to choose he'd be the one I'd have taken but I no longer have any faith in him after Goodison and his subsequent explanation of it. "I forgot about the bad tackle" doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

He's still a much better option than any of the others.

36 minutes ago, dave u said:

Agreed. This was great because you could the players talking to eachother after the goals. You could hear Hendo the whole way through, but even little things like Curtis saying "hey, hey, wow!" was just class. 

Absolutely, even the sound of the football as it was kicked made it sound like you were actually there watching it. All added up to a great watch. 

2 hours ago, dave u said:

If I had to choose he'd be the one I'd have taken but I no longer have any faith in him after Goodison and his subsequent explanation of it. "I forgot about the bad tackle" doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

He's still a much better option than any of the others.

I still think most of the blame for that incident is on the VAR blert , and unfortunately goalies have been getting away with wild lunges for years. We are also looking back through the prism of knowing that Virg was out for the rest of the season whereas at the time I was hoping he was going to be able to continue in the game.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

I still think most of the blame for that incident is on the VAR blert , and unfortunately goalies have been getting away with wild lunges for years. We are also looking back through the prism of knowing that Virg was out for the rest of the season whereas at the time I was hoping he was going to be able to continue in the game.

That was how I saw it initially, and there's no doubt Coote's 'error' (if you can call it that, I'd say it was a deliberate choice he made) was far worse than Oliver's, but he still saw what happened and he knows the rules.

He admitted as much recently. His explanation painted him in  terrible light. There's no excuse for him getting that as badly wrong as he did (and the lino and 4th official are culpable too) but yeah it's clear that Coote has more blood on his hands than the others.

Bottom line, so called professional refs letting the 'fog' of the offside make them forget the clear and obvious red card challenge is unforgivable in my opinion. The fact that TWO refs, a lino and 4th official all missed it is just corrupt.

How can that cunt Dean spot that challenge in the first 90 seconds last night yet 4 off them all fucked up in the derby? Makes my blood boil.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Suggestions that Southampton are planning on requesting that Dean and Mason are not allowed near any of their games from now on.

Yeah good luck with that, lads.

Lee Mason doing well , collecting two of the mildest managers hating on him . 

Eddie Howe will try to burn his house down next.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic