You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Darts Thread 2021

Preston Red

1 hour ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

what weights are you guys throwing?

I currently throw a 12g unicorn (not bunting's) with a tiny unicorn phase 5 flight and short stems.

I need the tiny flights to minimise drag. I could probably fit 15 of these darts in the treble!

12g! I struggle to get control with my 24g darts.

I recently switched from torpedo Red Dragon 27g to the new Winmau Zinati 24g. They're a really handsome set of darts and they're having the desired effect with more 180s as there's more room in the bed. Had 3 in the last 5 days and 4 this month, which is a lot for me. I'm usually a one a month guy. 

My doubles are terrible with the new darts though, especially at the lower end of the board where I'd previously float them in. 

IMG_4667.jpg

20 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

me and the girlfriend throw 10 sets (30 darts) each week to se if our avg is improving.

Im doing ok with a 68.1 avg being my highest so far.

Thats impressive. I struggle to get above 55-56 average.

Occasionally I will have a leg where Im hitting 180 and 100+ and next leg I go to shit  

3 hours ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

me and the girlfriend throw 10 sets (30 darts) each week to se if our avg is improving.

Im doing ok with a 68.1 avg being my highest so far.

That's pretty good work.

I think my best average against the Dart Counter bot (over a best of 9 501 legs) is 62.something.

13 hours ago, Chris said:

That's pretty good work.

I think my best average against the Dart Counter bot (over a best of 9 501 legs) is 62.something.

I played last night against Dart Counter- hit plenty of tons and a couple of 140s over best of 5 legs- average was still only early 50s.

Based on this Ive concluded that you and The Big Green Bastard are standing too close to the board!

Hahahahahahahah  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I played last night against Dart Counter- hit plenty of tons and a couple of 140s over best of 5 legs- average was still only early 50s.

Based on this Ive concluded that you and The Big Green Bastard are standing too close to the board!

Hahahahahahahah  

im a bit like mvg in leaning as far over as possible without falling. terrible leg pain though. 

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

18 months its quite special being one of the few things the more I do the worse I get.

Too true. Since the initial lockdown a year ago there arent many days Ive not played a few legs. I should be PDC level by now surely  

5 hours ago, Dave D said:

Hahahahahahahah  

Sounds like the doubles are bringing your average down a little there, dude. 

• Upvote 1

I used to be half decent, played in leagues for years, won the odd league comp (pub level stuff) and won a game or two here or there in some opens....but game fell apart apart 3/4 years ago and i am shite now.

Developed this strange problem with throw where when drawing arm back it twists so i sort of throw across my body (best way can explain it)

Gone from being someone who would regularly finish legs in about 24 darts pretty routinely and do the odd 15 and a sprinkling of 16-21 dart legs to someone who now will need 30 more often than not and often more, sometimes 36 with only the odd 24 or less leg.

Quite gutting as i love playing the game and always have done.

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

I used to be half decent, played in leagues for years, won the odd league comp (pub level stuff) and won a game or two here or there in some opens....but game fell apart apart 3/4 years ago and i am shite now.

Developed this strange problem with throw where when drawing arm back it twists so i sort of throw across my body (best way can explain it)

Gone from being someone who would regularly finish legs in about 24 darts pretty routinely and do the odd 15 and a sprinkling of 16-21 dart legs to someone who now will need 30 more often than not and often more, sometimes 36 with only the odd 24 or less leg.

Quite gutting as i love playing the game and always have done.

Ah mate, sorry to hear that. It's absolutely soul destroying when the game deserts you like that. Happened to me a couple of months ago when a lad I have constantly, easily beaten for years began getting the upper hand on me and winning 10-3, 10-4. 

Have you thought about getting your throw looked at? That Matt Edgar does clinics? Might be something you can resolve with time and a little guidance. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Ah mate, sorry to hear that. It's absolutely soul destroying when the game deserts you like that. Happened to me a couple of months ago when a lad I have constantly, easily beaten for years began getting the upper hand on me and winning 10-3, 10-4. 

Have you thought about getting your throw looked at? That Matt Edgar does clinics? Might be something you can resolve with time and a little guidance. 

Cheers - it does do my head in.

Funny enough it started like that with me - mate and me played most Fridays and i'd win handily all the time - first to 9 and it would be 9-3, 9-4.

Suddenly he was beating me 9-8 and then 9-5/9-6....and it wasn't down to him improving at all - and from there just got worse - averaged 42 for about 6 wks straight in league and that was it.

Lost a game to an absolute clown one week who could barely hit board and i was done.

Not recovered.

Hope you are back on form.

I have to admit i have thought about it, but just shrugged it off as being just a pub player and having stopped playing in league it is now just literally leisure and seems like a lot of agg.

But i think lockdown has made me appreciate the chance to play more than i did before and i want to get it sorted....people laugh at darts technique, but it is same really as any other game - golf etc in terms of good technique being required and people have no problem getting golf swing looked at.

I think i will see whats what.

42 minutes ago, an tha said:

Cheers - it does do my head in.

Funny enough it started like that with me - mate and me played most Fridays and i'd win handily all the time - first to 9 and it would be 9-3, 9-4.

Suddenly he was beating me 9-8 and then 9-5/9-6....and it wasn't down to him improving at all - and from there just got worse - averaged 42 for about 6 wks straight in league and that was it.

Lost a game to an absolute clown one week who could barely hit board and i was done.

Not recovered.

Hope you are back on form.

I have to admit i have thought about it, but just shrugged it off as being just a pub player and having stopped playing in league it is now just literally leisure and seems like a lot of agg.

But i think lockdown has made me appreciate the chance to play more than i did before and i want to get it sorted....people laugh at darts technique, but it is same really as any other game - golf etc in terms of good technique being required and people have no problem getting golf swing looked at.

I think i will see whats what.

My form's coming back, but hasn't been tested in a match setting yet. Found my bottle went on the doubles in those and I'd get inside my own head too much. It's so much about confidence. The times I've been bang in form is when I step up to the board in rhythm believing I'm going to hit my target. 

This has been helping me lately. It's only a tenner and adds structure and purpose to practice. The 'fake 180' game is working wonders for me.

https://dartsperformancecentre.com/shop/training/practice-plan

Hang in there, mate. Don't let your hobby become something that drags you down. It's the last thing any of us need in these times when those escapes are so important.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

My form's coming back, but hasn't been tested in a match setting yet. Found my bottle went on the doubles in those and I'd get inside my own head too much. It's so much about confidence. The times I've been bang in form is when I step up to the board in rhythm believing I'm going to hit my target. 

This has been helping me lately. It's only a tenner and adds structure and purpose to practice. The 'fake 180' game is working wonders for me.

https://dartsperformancecentre.com/shop/training/practice-plan

Hang in there, mate. Don't let your hobby become something that drags you down. It's the last thing any of us need in these times when those escapes are so important.

Nice one.

And good point.