You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Darts Thread 2021

Preston Red

Just thought I'd start up a darts thread for 2021 for fellow darts fans.

Johnny Clayton has just won the Ladbrokes Masters with an 11-8 victory over Mervyn King. Great to see especially when he carries the 96 and the flames on the collar of his darts shirt.

He now has the final place too in the Premier League of Darts.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Something I'd love to do is get into that. Do you play 501? The local leagues round here play round the world from 6ft and I can't be arsed with that.

Yeah- 501, best of 3 legs. 

The night starts with both teams playing as group (6 players in each) taking it in turns to throw- its 1 leg from 1001.

Then you play singles, pairs and threes all best of 3 legs at 501.

Trouble is, the league I play in is Monday nights. Sometimes your still playing at gone 10pm and you've had a few beers...... 

I've been considering trying to get into a local team too once things get back to normal, though I'm slightly put off by the fact that, as far as I'm aware, you play one best of 3 match at 501. I'd prefer a slightly longer game. 

At home, I use prodarter and play against the computer. You can play games with real people, though it can be hard to get a game, I find. Would probably be wiser to arrange a game with someone at a certain time or whatever. 

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Yeah- 501, best of 3 legs. 

The night starts with both teams playing as group (6 players in each) taking it in turns to throw- its 1 leg from 1001.

Then you play singles, pairs and threes all best of 3 legs at 501.

Trouble is, the league I play in is Monday nights. Sometimes your still playing at gone 10pm and you've had a few beers...... 

Sounds like my kind of night. My new job (security clearance permitting) might bugger it up though as I'd be on rota shifts three days a week (MTW 6 weeks followed by TFS for 6 weeks).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

I've been considering trying to get into a local team too once things get back to normal, though I'm slightly put off by the fact that, as far as I'm aware, you play one best of 3 match at 501. I'd prefer a slightly longer game. 

At home, I use prodarter and play against the computer. You can play games with real people, though it can be hard to get a game, I find. Would probably be wiser to arrange a game with someone at a certain time or whatever. 

Your right, would much prefer a longer game but its pretty much standard nationally throughout the leagues. You have to be on your game from the off......

......which means getting to the pub early to practice.....

.....which means a fairly hungover Tuesday.

Darts is a mad game though. My Dad had a board up when I was a kid and I put one up as soon as I got my own place (last 20-25 years ago) I consider myself a decent player. 

2019/20 was the first time Ive ever played in a pub league- its bloody nerve wracking. Everyones watching. Your first dart lands in the single one and your crapping yourself!

That said, when it goes well, its a brilliant feeling.