You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ben Davies

Megadrive Man

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is that real? If it is I hope his fucking acl blows up.

It's meant to be. I think he was about 16 at the time though. It's from an Everton twitter account though, so pinch of salt etc. 

That's impressive, ftom the blues. Searching through a rival players social media for something controversial is top level shithousery. Searching through their social media before they've even officially signed for a rival takes it up to elite level shithousery. 

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's meant to be. I think he was about 16 at the time though. It's from an Everton twitter account though, so pinch of salt etc. 

That's impressive, ftom the blues. Searching through a rival players social media for something controversial is top level shithousery. Searching through their social media before they've even officially signed for a rival takes it up to elite level shithousery. 

From the club that said it was unfair to bring up Holgate's homophobic tweets a short while back.

Maybe we just shouldn't get too uptight about stupid things teenagers say or find funny.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Preston Red, have you got any further info on this and if not, what are you doing to rectify the situation? 

I've text a couple of mates who've said he's a good player and they're sad to be losing him. Aside from looking at the results, I can't really comment much of current Nob End players.

Now if you went back to 1997/98 and asked me about Sean Gregan, I'd say get the big smooth bastard signed up. He was awesome at the level they were playing at then. A bit like Big Virg with his passing range but would flatten flashy players at a moments notice. He had a rather unsavoury habit though of getting his nob out in local chippys when pissed...allegedly. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's the one thing they excel at.

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

I've text a couple of mates who've said he's a good player and they're sad to be losing him. Aside from looking at the results, I can't really comment much of current Nob End players.

Now if you went back to 1997/98 and asked me about Sean Gregan, I'd say get the big smooth bastard signed up. He was awesome at the level they were playing at then. A bit like Big Virg with his passing range but would flatten flashy players at a moments notice. He had a rather unsavoury habit though of getting his nob out in local chippys when pissed...allegedly. 

Alan Hansen's streak down Blackpool beach got forgotten quite quickly.

It seems like he is quick and good on the ball, but may struggle against a more physical player, so in some ways he may be more suited to us than playing in the football league. 

It's a very low risk move for us, as he is ahead of Phillips and Williams, even if he's not as good as our usual centre backs. 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Am I missing something here , we are all from Norway,  so why would the Blues be cock a hoop about him hating a section of society who are 99% Everton fans.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate of mine is a Preston fan. Says he is very good. If he can make the step up we will have a player on our hands. Lets hope he beds in.

And lets not forget...people where underwhelmed with Gomez, Robertson, Jota, Wijnaldum and Jones. Jurgen will mould him.

They were? 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Maybe we just shouldn't get too uptight about stupid things teenagers say or find funny.

Yes. If social media was around in the 70s and 80s and applied to things players said as teenagers, no club would be able to field a full team. Pretty sad that many people are more concerned about inane, years-old postings of then-teenagers on social media than the unfettered misinformation and conspiracy theories that have brought the world to the brink of myriad crises.

17 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Seems to have a good to very good range of passing. Minimal effort in crossing and playing deep balls is always a positive. Not sure how rapid he is in Premier League terms, seemed to do well against Championship quality at least.

What was most surprising (in a good way) to me was the sheer amount of times he was being in the way of shots, passes, through balls etc in that video. In my opinion none of our defensive players (CB's in particular) are very good at blocking shots (or getting a foot in before the shot is taken). From the limited video evidence this seems to be one of the strengths of Davies. Granted we will face less shots and situations than he did for Preston, but it's something to look out for at least.