You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixtures, Draws & Results.

Bruce Spanner

Actually, I'm afraid I was a bit of a greedy gobblegannet here. I'm away for two weeks in November and again for most, if not all of December. I'd love to think I'll find the time to participate, but it's just not going to happen. Breathe a sigh of relief. Suddenly it is no longer a one-horse race. 

Sorryyyyyy.

As @Pidge says, please keep me in mind for next time? 

Stig 

Bruce

Holliday

Alex

Turdseye

Lee

r̶b̶1̶4̶

No2

ardja

Skids

Preacher

Sir Rog

Scott_M

Dynamite

7 to go. 

Don't want to get you all excited, but I have just spent hours C&Ping and now have the database for you to start looking through.

All players will be in their prime years.

The older players are completly realistic so they are them with modern training etc so there is no recency bias ect.

I'll put the bat signal up later tonight on the MF for players, then if not filled from there after twenty four hours on the FF.

Happy hunting!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OT6LYdLCVesQwTzWEZBKTrSxY10L8Oj7ih2CFAEV7Mg/edit?usp=sharing

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Wow. Looks virtually impossible for anyone to have a ‘shit’ team. 

Yeah, should be quite exciting.

Picking players to match the managers and squads will be most of important I assume.

Gonna be interesting watching what teams people put together as you could feasibly mix the best of Rafa and the best of Klopp and see how good it could have been! 

There’s a few players missing I’d have liked to have seen in there but fuck me whoever put the main database together has put weeks, perhaps months, work in to this, it’s amazingly detailed and realistic.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Don't want to get you all excited, but I have just spent hours C&Ping and now have the database for you to start looking through.

All players will be in their prime years.

The older players are completly realistic so they are them with modern training etc so there is no recency bias ect.

I'll put the bat signal up later tonight on the MF for players, then if not filled from there after twenty four hours on the FF.

Happy hunting!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OT6LYdLCVesQwTzWEZBKTrSxY10L8Oj7ih2CFAEV7Mg/edit?usp=sharing

@Mr Holliday Here you go dickhead, here's the database.

Probably would need 20 teams or else it will not be very strategic in the draft as everyone's teams would be so closely rated to each other in every area of the pitch with everyone automatically getting highest rated players even at bottom of their draft picks (could be some teams taking 2 as suggested above)

14 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Probably would need 20 teams or else it will not be very strategic in the draft as everyone's teams would be so closely rated to each other in every area of the pitch with everyone automatically getting highest rated players even at bottom of their draft picks (could be some teams taking 2 as suggested above)

That's the biggest problem as I don't know how it would work out if we all just had ridiculous teams.

I have, perhaps, figured out a solution where we have fourteen teams, The Kuntz could make up the last place in an honoury capacity.

I would insert us in to the Greek Super League format where we play each other twice and then there is a ten game play off at the end of the season, which would be fun.

I could also insert us into the English leagues so we get the Milk Cup and FA, and throughout Europe so we play in Europe every season, but that would mean duplicate teams, not 'ghost' teams as we have had previously.

Yes you tried very hard, much appreciated. Very unfortunate: it is a superb idea and there are seemingly enough people happy to go around the houses on endless monotonous variations of "Best LFC Left Back Of All Time" etc. but to each their own.

On 12/10/2021 at 16:54, Bruce Spanner said:

I think we might just have to give it a miss for now, maybe run a new game over Christamas time when people have days off etc.

Shame, but with 14 teams the teams would be too closely alligned as we're removing 120 players picks with just six players missing.

Sorry chaps, I tried!

This is a shame. This would be right up @Tony Moanero’s alley? @3 Stacks fancies himself as a bit of a football connoisseur, surely he’d be keen.