You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixtures, Draws & Results.

Bruce Spanner

Well, that was a blast. Enjoyed it. Congrats @Captain Turdseye, though the result was pretty obvious.

I'm most likely going to be dipping out of the next sim. Hopefully going to be starting a new job by the end of the month, and in all honesty, I have no interest in the historical database - I loaded it, tried it and didn't like it. Completely unbalanced.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Well, that was a blast. Enjoyed it. Congrats @Captain Turdseye, though the result was pretty obvious.

I'm most likely going to be dipping out of the next sim. Hopefully going to be starting a new job by the end of the month, and in all honesty, I have no interest in the historical database - I loaded it, tried it and didn't like it. Completely unbalanced.

It's a completely different database from the one I showed you, it has varying PA's and about five hundred players, as well as current players. I get it though.

I'll be giving this a wide bearth for a while, maybe start up in August and do a season or two, three is far too much as it's such a time dump and I took great pleasure in pressing exit and close earlier.

Cheers for the help with the admin, it was invaluable!

PS. Good luck with the job!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's a completely different database from the one I showed you, it has varying PA's and about five hundred players, as well as current players. I get it though.

I'll be giving this a wide bearth for a while, maybe start up in August and do a season or two, three is far too much as it's such a time dump and I took great pleasure in pressing exit and close earlier.

Cheers for the help with the admin, it was invaluable!

PS. Good luck with the job!

Have you got a link to the database above? The previous one was just so unbalanced, with every player having crazy high PA. I mentioned that I'd played the FM20 version of it too, and I just couldn't get into it at all then either.

No problem at all - happy to help where I could.

Thanks. I've had an official offer which I have accepted, so am now just waiting on the contract to come through sometime this week, or early next. Should then get my start date - shift work again so will have to see how they want to approach things. Having spoken to my potential shift leader recently, they are leaning toward me doing my first month solely on days and in their offices in Bracknell, so that'll mean me living out of a hotel for the month.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Cheers man. Nothing was obvious in this game! Seems fitting though that the best team in Europe (Aussies don’t count) were the team that won the European Cup. 

I echo what Bruce said, good luck with the job mate, and hopefully I don’t have to chase you up demanding that there be a South Park thread this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Have you got a link to the database above? The previous one was just so unbalanced, with every player having crazy high PA. I mentioned that I'd played the FM20 version of it too, and I just couldn't get into it at all then either.

No problem at all - happy to help where I could.

Thanks. I've had an official offer which I have accepted, so am now just waiting on the contract to come through sometime this week, or early next. Should then get my start date - shift work again so will have to see how they want to approach things. Having spoken to my potential shift leader recently, they are leaning toward me doing my first month solely on days and in their offices in Bracknell, so that'll mean me living out of a hotel for the month.

Small world, I'm in Bracknell most weekends at the minute.

I'll buy you a drink to say thanks...

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Cheers man. Nothing was obvious in this game! Seems fitting though that the best team in Europe (Aussies don’t count) were the team that won the European Cup. 

I echo what Bruce said, good luck with the job mate, and hopefully I don’t have to chase you up demanding that there be a South Park thread this year. 

It became very predictable in season 3, for my side anyway - I knew when I was going to lose a game. Not once did I manage to win more than 3 games on the bounce. Finished 14th with a positive goal difference??? Madness.

Cheers. Appreciate it. We've got at least 2 more seasons of South Park to go, though finding a decent site that streams the episodes is becoming harder and harder, year on year, as the good sites are all taken down. I'm also a little out of touch with more trusted sites in that regard. I hate posting links to sites that'll bombard folk with ads and shit.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Small world, I'm in Bracknell most weekends at the minute.

I'll buy you a drink to say thanks...

Small World indeed. I used to live down that way many years back - Farnborough in Hampshire, but I don't know Bracknell at all.

1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

It became very predictable in season 3, for my side anyway - I knew when I was going to lose a game. Not once did I manage to win more than 3 games on the bounce. Finished 14th with a positive goal difference??? Madness.

Cheers. Appreciate it. We've got at least 2 more seasons of South Park to go, though finding a decent site that streams the episodes is becoming harder and harder, year on year, as the good sites are all taken down. I'm also a little out of touch with more trusted sites in that regard. I hate posting links to sites that'll bombard folk with ads and shit.

Small World indeed. I used to live down that way many years back - Farnborough in Hampshire, but I don't know Bracknell at all.

Bracknell is pretty shite, though I don't really explore much, a lot of ten bob millioniares and shite pubs.

We're staying at my inlaws most weekends, especially during restrictions, as they have a decent garden for the kids to play in and we don't have much in london.

I was in Farnborogh on Saturday, at Siren's Tap room, cool little place.

54 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

We've got at least 2 more seasons of South Park to go, though finding a decent site that streams the episodes is becoming harder and harder, year on year, as the good sites are all taken down. I'm also a little out of touch with more trusted sites in that regard. I hate posting links to sites that'll bombard folk with ads and shit.

Just knowing it’s on is enough for me. I’ve usually got no idea until your thread pops up. 

You already know this, I’m sure, but you should get onto Kodi if you’re looking to stream. Piece of piss to set up and if you add a service called Real-Debrid (€15 for six months) it’ll bring up loads of 4K and 1080p links to almost anything. 

Always available before it’s been shown in the UK too, which is nice!

10 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Not sure about distance but heard good things about the Linton Travel Tavern.

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just knowing it’s on is enough for me. I’ve usually got no idea until your thread pops up. 

You already know this, I’m sure, but you should get onto Kodi if you’re looking to stream. Piece of piss to set up and if you add a service called Real-Debrid (€15 for six months) it’ll bring up loads of 4K and 1080p links to almost anything. 

Always available before it’s been shown in the UK too, which is nice!

I'm a Newsgrouper, so I grab what I need/want and save it away on my NAS.

Guest Alex_K
40 minutes ago, John102 said:

I largely lost interest after a disastrous first summer, trying to convert my Xg to actual goals but thanks @Bruce Spanner

Older players deteriorated really badly - I think that was our mutual downfall 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Alex_K said:

@Bruce Spanner - any appetite to run the nostalgia-star DB game at some point? Sounded like fun (the draft element of it esp.). Cheers

The biggest issue is I had to erase my hard drive recently due to a flaw in the new Apple OS meaning I lost the databases I built, not too big an issue as I've done it before and it won't take as long as it did last time, but it's still a chore and time is at a premium at present.

I'm more than happy to do it again, but limit it to two seasons as three was much too much, but I wouldn't be able to start for a few weeks.

We'll see, I'll look at logistics and timelines and see how I'm set up, but I'd love a go on the legends game, would be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K
5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The biggest issue is I had to erase my hard drive recently due to a flaw in the new Apple OS meaning I lost the databases I built, not too big an issue as I've done it before and it won't take as long as it did last time, but it's still a chore and time is at a premium at present.

I'm more than happy to do it again, but limit it to two seasons as three was much too much, but I wouldn't be able to start for a few weeks.

We'll see, I'll look at logistics and timelines and see how I'm set up, but I'd love a go on the legends game, would be a lot of fun.

Sounds good - yes, a legends game would be fun