You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixtures, Draws & Results.

Bruce Spanner

If this continues, why not just retain existing season & run a transfer window? Way less overhead work. If certain teams have old players age demos, open up ability to trade players for ones who were not chosen at other clubs (I.e young high potential players) as well as trade with other actively managed teams. 

5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

If this continues, why not just retain existing season & run a transfer window? Way less overhead work. If certain teams have old players age demos, open up ability to trade players for ones who were not chosen at other clubs (I.e young high potential players) as well as trade with other actively managed teams. 

I prefer a brand new team please. I find the draft process fun (and extremely painful at the same time).

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I prefer a brand new team please. I find the draft process fun (and extremely painful at the same time).

But it’s effectively a draft anyway w/ options to take from inactive team + negotiate w/ active teams? I speak as someone who would be breaking my own team up regardless. Either way, I would play again, but I’m commenting more from the perspective of avoiding the 12 hours+ I assume went into building this from scratch.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I just want to see what happens if you run the simulation for another 10 years.

I have Mbappe, Curtis Jones, Phil Foden,  Walker Peters, Lamptey, Soyunchu, Ndidi, Kepa, Tielemans, Torres, Gnabry, Kelleher, the oldest lad there is probably 23. I'm set for the future big style.

Hang the fuck on. Right that was a first run. I barely took it seriously and certainly didn't plan my team as a permanent thang. Maybe if we'd started off by saying "this is what you'll be lumbered with from here on in" it'd be different. But we didn't so I didn't and it wasn't or something or nothing. Anyway yes, no, exactly. 

Brucey gets a few days off and then we start from scratch you big bunch of fannies. 

Yeah, I'm not too keen on keeping going either because, as I've said before, my team is old and will probably decline rapidly. That said, I'm also not sure I'd be arsed going through the whole process again because I don't know that much about world football anymore, which is why my team was made up of older players in the first place. 

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I just want to see what happens if you run the simulation for another 10 years.

This.  Not in the same way as we've had, just letting it roll and seeing who wins what over the following years.  A single simulation and a few screenshots.

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

This.  Not in the same way as we've had, just letting it roll and seeing who wins what over the following years.  A single simulation and a few screenshots.

I had in mind that guy who just let the game run for 1,000 seasons or something, and all these random teams were dominating English football. 

Just running a simulation loop will give a disingenuous representation: it will be skewed towards those who allocated AI mangerial attributes into transfer dealing strength, or towards squads who were preset with younger players. Either start it afresh, or continue on with a transfer window..

The problem with a window and running the season on again is that all the European places are lost, as are the relegated teams.

Once a game is started I have minimal editing powers so can’t reinstate, or transpose new teams on old teams.

It would have to be start again if we want a full league and the CL.

But, the database is built which is the biggest time dump, so it’s just a matter of moving things around and renaming things where needs be, not too arduous. 

Genuinely though, I need a couple of weeks away, it’s far more time consuming than you’d think and I’ve currently got too much on the go.

I’m up for another crack soon though.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The problem with a window and running the season on again is that all the European places are lost, as are the relegated teams.

Once a game is started I have minimal editing powers so can’t reinstate, or transpose new teams on old teams.

It would have to be start again if we want a full league and the CL.

But, the database is built which is the biggest time dump, so it’s just a matter of moving things around and renaming things where needs be, not too arduous. 

Genuinely though, I need a couple of weeks away, it’s far more time consuming than you’d think and I’ve currently got too much on the go.

I’m up for another crack soon though.

I bought the game off the back of this.

I'm looking into the editor and how to bring a defunct country out of defunctness and establishing a league in the country based on the Premier League's rules and set-up.

If I can get this defunct country introduced into a viable database, then we can shift all our teams into the newly created league.

This used to be fairly straight forward to do, but recent iterations of the game have made creating a new country/league more awkward than it should be.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dynamite said:

I bought the game off the back of this.

I'm looking into the editor and how to bring a defunct country out of defunctness and establishing a league in the country based on the Premier League's rules and set-up.

If I can get this defunct country introduced into a viable database, then we can shift all our teams into the newly created league.

This used to be fairly straight forward to do, but recent iterations of the game have made creating a new country/league more awkward than it should be.

There are two real problems with that firstly, scheduling, you have to do every game, which is a fucking nightmare and secondly you have to then adjust all the other leagues rules to fit your new one, for euro qualification, if one thing is compromised the game won’t load. I got so close to having this complete and then fucked up one thing and lost everything.

I looked at it and it’s a real pain in the arse, this is for hardcore FM nerds

54 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There are two real problems with that firstly, scheduling, you have to do every game, which is a fucking nightmare and secondly you have to then adjust all the other leagues rules to fit your new one, for euro qualification, if one thing is compromised the game won’t load. I got so close to having this complete and then fucked up one thing and lost everything.

I looked at it and it’s a real pain in the arse, this is for hardcore FM nerds

Yes, not easy. You used to be able to almost just copy & paste one league's set-up into a defunct country, but from my early looks, they've removed that option - everything has to be put in manually.

9 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Yes, not easy. You used to be able to almost just copy & paste one league's set-up into a defunct country, but from my early looks, they've removed that option - everything has to be put in manually.

Yeah, it’s a real pain in the arse, a new thing goes wrong and either leagues won’t load and crash the game, or the game just won’t start up because there’s a database compromise.

Its real nerd and time territory and, in truth, seems like far too much hassle. 

It’s easier to just have our patched and mirror league.

Unless you can think of something I’ve missed.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, it’s a real pain in the arse, a new thing goes wrong and either leagues won’t load and crash the game, or the game just won’t start up because there’s a database compromise.

Its real nerd and time territory and, in truth, seems like far too much hassle. 

It’s easier to just have our patched and mirror league.

Unless you can think of something I’ve missed.

I'm now confirmed redundant on 01/03, so we're just seeing out time at work. 

I'll have a look into bits and pieces in the coming days/weeks and see if there's something that can be worked with.