You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG Fucking Out

Fowlers God

9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

This thread is almost as bad as you calling your kids Randy, Jermaine and Tito. 

If only he'd gone for anything as middle of the road as those.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We're champions and we've got three threads calling the owners cunts. I think that says as much about us as it does about them.

To be fair we're champions because of Klopp, not FSG. And nobody is calling Klopp a cunt.

8 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

If only he'd gone for anything as middle of the road as those.

To be fair we're champions because of Klopp, not FSG. And nobody is calling Klopp a cunt.

To be fairer, FSG appointed Klopp. Hicks & Gillette appointed Hodgson. Let that sink in.

I'm not an FSG out person I just think they do the absolute minimum and sometimes we need more. Klopp is their masterstroke and they deserve credit for it.

Its easy to get frustrated its took 30 years to get back to the top  so much hard work the last few years under klopp and it feels like we're prepared to let it slip away with problems that could be solved easily with a bit of intent from owners who have or will benefit hugely from onfield success.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm not an FSG out person I just think they do the absolute minimum and sometimes we need more. Klopp is their masterstroke and they deserve credit for it.

Its easy to get frustrated its took 30 years to get back to the top  so much hard work the last few years under klopp and it feels like we're prepared to let it slip away with problems that could be solved easily with a bit of intent from owners who have or will benefit hugely from onfield success.

This mentality just baffles me.

We are literally the best-run club in the world. I suppose you could argue about Bayern or the Red Bull empire but you certainly can't find 5 clubs better-run than Liverpool. 

The main way the owners affect whether the club wins or loses is by hiring the management team. And FSG have brought in Edwards (highly criticised move at the time, remember) and Klopp. I mean, they're not perfect, but the only other alternative that leads to us winning anything is an oil billionaire, and I certainly hope you wouldn't say that would be better.

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

FSG Out. We can't keep playing like we did today. It's just unacceptable.

To be fair, that performance tonight was not due to FSG. Our owners made it harder to win due to their reluctance to address an obvious problem and the fact that the players rose to the occasion is down to them and Klopp, not FSG. There is a tendency to get hysterical when we lose (or draw) definitely but there is also a level of ‘I told you so’ by certain posters as if the result was never in doubt and the lack of defensive cover is not a major potential problem. Bit of balance is needed at times.

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This mentality just baffles me.

We are literally the best-run club in the world. I suppose you could argue about Bayern or the Red Bull empire but you certainly can't find 5 clubs better-run than Liverpool. 

The main way the owners affect whether the club wins or loses is by hiring the management team. And FSG have brought in Edwards (highly criticised move at the time, remember) and Klopp. I mean, they're not perfect, but the only other alternative that leads to us winning anything is an oil billionaire, and I certainly hope you wouldn't say that would be better.

I literally wrote im not an fsg out person. Is my criticism of them beyond the pale, in my opinion its valid. I've never once asked for an oligarch only for a bit more from FSG when it looks like we need it and especially this window when its never been more obvious. We are all capable of hyperbole when it comes to the club but i don't believe what I wrote is a baffling mindset.

• Upvote 3

At a time when we have no fit CB, when since Oct we were down to only 2 CB who are both injury prone. Having had to play either two midfielders or a midfielder and a below championship level CB at the heart of our defence. 

When the manager has said he would like a CB, at that time, saying you believe the owners, who are hoping to make over a billion dollars profit on the club, should back the manager and buy a CB, apparently means you are not a proper fan. 

I want this club to win silverware, buying a CB will improve that possibility this season. I wish I was a proper fan. 

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

To be fairer, FSG appointed Klopp. Hicks & Gillette appointed Hodgson. Let that sink in.

To be even fairer, if one of the top managers in the world becomes available and is interested, giving him the job is what Americans might call a "no brainer".

I wouldn't give them much credit for that as it was hardly a tactical masterstroke. 

3 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

To be even fairer, if one of the top managers in the world becomes available and is interested, giving him the job is what Americans might call a "no brainer".

I wouldn't give them much credit for that as it was hardly a tactical masterstroke. 

Giving him a job might be a no brainer. Talking him out of a self imposed sabbatical and into taking on the job might be. You know, especially as they're tight bastards, never put their money into the club and insist on selling a manager's best players before he could buy anyone. Just a thought.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

FSG Out. We can't keep playing like we did today. It's just unacceptable.

Kudos to John Henry and Tom Werner for their work on team selection and tactics, and buying Klopp a new CB so he didn't have to play midfielders and stopgap.

Look, I'm not going to die on this hill. FSG have largely done ok, but it's clear to see that they've been found wanting on some fairly major issues too. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Giving him a job might be a no brainer. Talking him out of a self imposed sabbatical and into taking on the job might be. You know, especially as they're tight bastards, never put their money into the club and insist on selling a manager's best players before he could buy anyone. Just a thought.

See above.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Hang on, those things are true. 

7 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Was Klopp one of the best managers in the world at the time? I'm not sure about that. He was good for achieving what he did in Germany, great even but he left under a bit of a cloud. That decision could easily have gone South.