Quantcast
West Ham (A) Premier League - 31/1/21 - 16:30 - Page 24 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

West Ham (A) Premier League - 31/1/21 - 16:30

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

2nd goal one of the very best I've seen us score. Magnificent 2 pass move and sublime finish. Proving once again, that you don't have to be etc. 

Cracking pass by Trent and control and finish by Mo, but what a ball by the Weeble too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Its the best squad in the history of the football club. Don't ever listen to the lunatics.


It is. CB is the one remaining issue, and should have been addressed last summer. The other issues going into last summer were all adressed, especially left back and attack. Goalkeeper was the second worry squad wise when the season started, but Kelleher for now seems to have solved that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

I can't have been the only who shouted at the TV when Shaq crossed first time, thinking it was massively overhit and ruined a great opportunity??

Nope, I did the same. Even now, watching it back, as it loops up high into the sky I think "there's no way Salah's first touch here isn't going straight to the goalkeeper."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

I can't have been the only who shouted at the TV when Shaq crossed first time, thinking it was massively overhit and ruined a great opportunity??

Yup. If it wasn't for that first touch by Mo, chance is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable that Soucek didn't get a second yellow for that high boot. Henderson is stationary, ie not contributing to the force of the contact at all ala Ederson flying out of his box when he copped Mane's studs in the face. 

 

He's also got both feet off the ground at the point of contact. It's as straightforward a yellow as you could ask for, but took the cowardly option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A_S said:

Unbelievable that Soucek didn't get a second yellow for that high boot. Henderson is stationary, ie not contributing to the force of the contact at all ala Ederson flying out of his box when he copped Mane's studs in the face. 

 

He's also got both feet off the ground at the point of contact. It's as straightforward a yellow as you could ask for, but took the cowardly option. 

It's fat jon moss, he hates us and is a cheat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure it it's been already said but the faces on Milner and Shaqiri as they went off said a lot to me about the team. 

I thought it would take that one moment to score and I'd be happy with that though frustrated at it being difficult to find the net. 

Then all change, a different game and the result was in no doubt really. All is not lost then? We'll be there at the end for sure and my money is going on us again next week for my hat rick, 2/1 again. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

It's fat jon moss, he hates us and is a cheat.

 

 

I was surprised with him in this one he did well. Bloody hell though he is a chunky cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

That fucking bubble machine annoys me. It’s tiny, more suited for a 5 year olds party. 

This is true. 
 

I still remember when Upton Park hosted Kevin Mitchell vs Michael Katsidis, partly because Mitchell came out punching balloons designed to look like bubbles - which was every bit as shit as it sounds - before getting knocked out in the third round and partly because the promotional poster looked like it was advertising a different type of coming out.

 

SetWidth840-hammertime.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we're all worriying about the CB position. Mo apart, Nat Philips was my MOM. A hell of solid performance. Whoever comes in has to be good to be picked ahead of Nat.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

As we're all worriying about the CB position. Mo apart, Nat Philips was my MOM. A hell of solid performance. Whoever comes in has to be good to be picked ahead of Nat.

 

 

Agree with that. He looks as if he could do a job for a lot of sides in the Prem particularly in a back five but he's not best suited to our style of play.  He's capable of doing well against physical sides but I wouldn't enjoy watching him against Vardy. Overall it was lucky we didn't let him go last summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is true. 
 

I still remember when Upton Park hosted Kevin Mitchell vs Michael Katsidis, partly because Mitchell came out punching balloons designed to look like bubbles - which was every bit as shit as it sounds - before getting knocked out in the third round and partly because the promotional poster looked like it was advertising a different type of coming out.

 

SetWidth840-hammertime.jpg

Not to mention the Cockney Rejects playing live.

Got to be in the shake up for most over the top hype versus actual performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been watching our second goal on loop and I can't get enough of it, that pass out of defence by Trent was brilliant, Shaq's first time cross was equally imressive and Mo's first touch and finish was Suarez-esque. I've missed these lightning fast counter attacking goals, hopefully see a few more in  a weeks time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

I've been watching our second goal on loop and I can't get enough of it, that pass out of defence by Trent was brilliant, Shaq's first time cross was equally imressive and Mo's first touch and finish was Suarez-esque. I've missed these lightning fast counter attacking goals, hopefully see a few more in  a weeks time.

I just love the fact a corner to the other side is a possible danger, for them, but for us as well. Wiould be interesting to see over the last wo years how many corners have ended in a goal for the opp opposed to a goal for us. Wouldn't surprise me of we score more on other teams corners than they do.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is true. 
 

I still remember when Upton Park hosted Kevin Mitchell vs Michael Katsidis, partly because Mitchell came out punching balloons designed to look like bubbles - which was every bit as shit as it sounds - before getting knocked out in the third round and partly because the promotional poster looked like it was advertising a different type of coming out.

 

SetWidth840-hammertime.jpg

Wasn't he on the beak at that time and his preparation was shite? Waste of talent that lad. The tit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • I'm looking at this with a sense of grim inevitability. They've been touting it for years, so it was only a matter of time before something happened. Lots of pearl clutching about, but things change in football. The premier league, the European Cup being replaced, the Cup winners Cup ending etc.    The cynic in me thinks it might be a bargaining tool for English clubs to negotiate their own TV deals maybe?   If it happens I'll still watch it. For all these kick off from the smaller teams, watch them clamour places when the entry criteria is announced. 
    • Thats all good, and I agree football died last summer.   But how are we competing with them in this format?
    • Not sure if I get your point here CP.  Do you mean that they were desperate for Saudi Arabian ownership?   I'm pretty sure still that the majority of English fans would prefer the German ownership model (and ticket prices) opposed to the chance that they might get lucky with a billionaire.  The only ones I reckon that wouldn't go for it in huge numbers would be Man City and Chelsea.   But maybe I'm wrong.
    • I will say, it's funny how if you didn't know any better, you'd think people running football we're literally trying to get people to get turned off with the sport.   Russian and Qatar World Cups, the appallingly incompetent usage of VAR and now this Super League. They're doing a great job infuriating people and being even more cunty in a sport that was already run in such a cuntish manner before the past couple years.
    • The amount of shite being posted onlone is fucking hilarious. The wannabe journos from fan shite have taken a rest from XG and other bullshit to post about this. Read one earlier claiming that even if Liverpool finish top 4 they won't be in Europe next year because they pulled out of the European Club Association so now cannot compete in Europe. He's surprisingly not replied to me telling him it's bollocks and pointing out Wolves and Burnley both played European football while not being members.    It's shit, but so is everything in football these days. But just like if the big 6 broke away and invited Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Wolves, Celtic and Rangers  to compete in a new British Super League they would all change tune and be in straight away
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×