You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) Premier League - 31/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Its the best squad in the history of the football club. Don't ever listen to the lunatics.

It is. CB is the one remaining issue, and should have been addressed last summer. The other issues going into last summer were all adressed, especially left back and attack. Goalkeeper was the second worry squad wise when the season started, but Kelleher for now seems to have solved that.

11 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

I can't have been the only who shouted at the TV when Shaq crossed first time, thinking it was massively overhit and ruined a great opportunity??

Nope, I did the same. Even now, watching it back, as it loops up high into the sky I think "there's no way Salah's first touch here isn't going straight to the goalkeeper."

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

I can't have been the only who shouted at the TV when Shaq crossed first time, thinking it was massively overhit and ruined a great opportunity??

Yup. If it wasn't for that first touch by Mo, chance is gone.

Unbelievable that Soucek didn't get a second yellow for that high boot. Henderson is stationary, ie not contributing to the force of the contact at all ala Ederson flying out of his box when he copped Mane's studs in the face. 

He's also got both feet off the ground at the point of contact. It's as straightforward a yellow as you could ask for, but took the cowardly option. 

8 hours ago, A_S said:

Unbelievable that Soucek didn't get a second yellow for that high boot. Henderson is stationary, ie not contributing to the force of the contact at all ala Ederson flying out of his box when he copped Mane's studs in the face. 

He's also got both feet off the ground at the point of contact. It's as straightforward a yellow as you could ask for, but took the cowardly option. 

It's fat jon moss, he hates us and is a cheat.

Not sure it it's been already said but the faces on Milner and Shaqiri as they went off said a lot to me about the team. 

I thought it would take that one moment to score and I'd be happy with that though frustrated at it being difficult to find the net. 

Then all change, a different game and the result was in no doubt really. All is not lost then? We'll be there at the end for sure and my money is going on us again next week for my hat rick, 2/1 again. 

13 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

That fucking bubble machine annoys me. It’s tiny, more suited for a 5 year olds party. 

This is true. 

I still remember when Upton Park hosted Kevin Mitchell vs Michael Katsidis, partly because Mitchell came out punching balloons designed to look like bubbles - which was every bit as shit as it sounds - before getting knocked out in the third round and partly because the promotional poster looked like it was advertising a different type of coming out.

SetWidth840-hammertime.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

As we're all worriying about the CB position. Mo apart, Nat Philips was my MOM. A hell of solid performance. Whoever comes in has to be good to be picked ahead of Nat.

Agree with that. He looks as if he could do a job for a lot of sides in the Prem particularly in a back five but he's not best suited to our style of play.  He's capable of doing well against physical sides but I wouldn't enjoy watching him against Vardy. Overall it was lucky we didn't let him go last summer. 

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is true. 

I still remember when Upton Park hosted Kevin Mitchell vs Michael Katsidis, partly because Mitchell came out punching balloons designed to look like bubbles - which was every bit as shit as it sounds - before getting knocked out in the third round and partly because the promotional poster looked like it was advertising a different type of coming out.

Not to mention the Cockney Rejects playing live.

Got to be in the shake up for most over the top hype versus actual performance.

I've been watching our second goal on loop and I can't get enough of it, that pass out of defence by Trent was brilliant, Shaq's first time cross was equally imressive and Mo's first touch and finish was Suarez-esque. I've missed these lightning fast counter attacking goals, hopefully see a few more in  a weeks time.

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

I've been watching our second goal on loop and I can't get enough of it, that pass out of defence by Trent was brilliant, Shaq's first time cross was equally imressive and Mo's first touch and finish was Suarez-esque. I've missed these lightning fast counter attacking goals, hopefully see a few more in  a weeks time.

I just love the fact a corner to the other side is a possible danger, for them, but for us as well. Wiould be interesting to see over the last wo years how many corners have ended in a goal for the opp opposed to a goal for us. Wouldn't surprise me of we score more on other teams corners than they do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is true. 

Wasn't he on the beak at that time and his preparation was shite? Waste of talent that lad. The tit 

4 hours ago, JustTosh said:

I just love the fact a corner to the other side is a possible danger, for them, but for us as well. Wiould be interesting to see over the last wo years how many corners have ended in a goal for the opp opposed to a goal for us. Wouldn't surprise me of we score more on other teams corners than they do.

Eddie Howe was the guest on MOTD and he said Bournemouth had a different set up for offensive corners for us than anybody else.