You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) Premier League - 31/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah because it's the easy bulls eye. 25 man squad, no more than 17 home grown players, the world just about fucked with covid but hey, our football club has to carry on as if fuck all is happening.

So how did Covid effect us not spending after winning the CL in 2019?

• Upvote 1

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0

8 of the players in that side line up today against West Ham

(A  Becker, T Alexander-Arnold, A Robertson, J Henderson (c), J Milner, X Shaqiri, D Origi, Wijnaldum)

Give them a chance guys!! COME IN YOU REDMEN!!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What, wrong with the manager's training regime, his style of pressing game, opting to have a small nucleus of players he prefers to play, playing every 3 or 4 days after a condensed last season etc?

Or not having good enough depth and cover to manage the condensed season......

When we hand over our long awaited, incredibly hard won after a 30 year wait title, because of decisions like the centre half fiasco, what you gonna say then - 'oh well at least we won it once in 30 years'

We should be building from a position of strength like we haven't been able to for decades - instead we are sitting on our hands and that is why today we have Nat Phillips and Jordan Henderson playing as our centre half pairing and why we are looking at Man City streaking away from us as we track to get 70 pts.

As it happens i think we will get some sort of result today as west ham are not all that...but we have to strengthen big time this summer.

• Upvote 2

I have been riding a little wave of optimism since Thursday and some results again going our way this weekend but I have just woke from a little snooze and seen that line up.

Now on Thursday I thought Jose would ensure we weren't getting anything from that game, at best a draw so hopefully the lads prove us wrong, we go out, smash them everywhere and after the match Klopp confirms we've signed three centre halves.

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

I have been riding a little wave of optimism since Thursday and some results again going our way this weekend but I have just woke from a little snooze and seen that line up.

Now on Thursday I thought Jose would ensure we weren't getting anything from that game, at best a draw so hopefully the lads prove us wrong, we go out, smash them everywhere and after the match Klopp confirms we've signed three centre halves.

and two of them got injured during the medical. 

11 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0

8 of the players in that side line up today against West Ham

(A  Becker, T Alexander-Arnold, A Robertson, J Henderson (c), J Milner, X Shaqiri, D Origi, Wijnaldum)

Give them a chance guys!! COME IN YOU REDMEN!!

Come in, Redmen. Don't stand out there.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Or not having good enough depth and cover to manage the condensed season......

When we hand over our long awaited, incredibly hard won after a 30 year wait title, because of decisions like the centre half fiasco, what you gonna say then - 'oh well at least we won it once in 30 years'

We should be building from a position of strength like we haven't been able to for decades - instead we are sitting on our hands and that is why today we have Nat Phillips and Jordan Henderson playing as our centre half pairing and why we are looking at Man City streaking away from us as we track to get 70 pts.

The manager considers he has enough depth to manage the condensed season. Once again, he's only allowed 17 non home grown players in a squad of 25. You're telling the manager he hasnt move dout players you dont rate to bring in supposedly better ones.

Football, like life throws you curve balls. Mane's out because of a muscle injury, Bobby's rested because he doesnt want to overplay him. So what 2 forwards could Klopp have brought in to sit on the bench behind Sadio and Bobby? Dont give it this oh, they'd just play fewer games between them because Sadio especially has a cob on every time he's subbed.

With the benefit of hindsight, what 2 CBs should we have bought to replace Matip and Lovren never mind step up because Virgil was kicked out of the season in the derby and Joe got crocked on England duty?

So we're now up to 4 new players who should have come in going by your logic. What of Keita, Oxlade Chamberlane, Shaqiri, Origi? Are we keeping all of them or adding them to the 4 new ones you want over and above Jota and Thiago?

I dont pretend to know more than the manager about his squad. I love it that others do. It makes the world go around and this such a great place on match days.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What did we win after 2019?! You sure we'd have won the title in 2020 if the manager had ripped apart his team to satisfy the spend, spend, spend mentality?

But you have to build on success. I mean, after we won the Premier League why didn't he go and buy some cover for Robbo, a world-class midfielder to unpick stubborn defences and a top-class forward to challenge the front three?

Wait... sorry.. what?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

But you have to build on success. I mean, after we won the Premier League why didn't he go and buy some cover for Robbo, a world-class midfielder to unpick stubborn defences and a top-class forward to challenge the front three?

Wait... sorry.. what?

Jota ??