You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GB News

Sugar Ape

All current affairs/news channels should have one presenter and one presenter only and that person is Richard Madley, he's a broadcasting genius. He should be on every TV channel 24/7.

Here he is going from the subject of tattoos; the Begum girl in Syria; the Nuremberg trials and the Hitler youth movement in 30 seconds....

• Upvote 4

Quite funny seeing various companies doing their usual corporate virtue-signalling, pink-washing bullshit on Twitter, sporting rainbow logos for Pride and meaningless platitudes about standing up for LGBTQ+ people, followed by dozens of people asking why they're advertising on GB News.

e.g.

If the people buying your product will be watching GB News, you will be advertising on GB News. If you don't sell much to that age and income group, you will be proudly displaying your "human values", because it plays well with the people you are actually selling to.

16 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If the people buying your product will be watching GB News, you will be advertising on GB News. If you don't sell much to that age and income group, you will be proudly displaying your "human values", because it plays well with the people you are actually selling to.

I would imagine plenty of people watching it (used to) shop at Ikea, are partial to a few lagers etc although the Open University not so much..... 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I would imagine plenty of people watching it (used to) shop at Ikea, are partial to a few lagers etc although the Open University not so much..... 

If your choice of advertising antagonizes main bulk of you customers, you change it. If bulk of your customers end up watching GB News you will advertise there.

I think it is outrageous that these companies are saying they will boycott GB News purely to score points and try and look good. 

Therefore my response it to announce I am boycotting these companies, which I think will help me look good and hopefully score some points with GB News supporters. 

Self awareness ??

10 hours ago, SasaS said:

Will Lonsdale be enough for them? 

• Upvote 1

Pity she didn’t read out Tess’ surname as well for a double hit.

After people have exhausted all the silly names can we move onto the Fresh Prince of Bel Air lyrics. Would fit in nicely with a discussion of knife crime.

I'm not even sure where and how to access this pile of shite , and have no intention of looking for it.

I suppose one benefit is that it will keep these hideous people off the news channels I do look at , although there always seems to be a readiful supply of right wing chancers waiting in the wings.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He knows full well that advertisers can and do set policies, hence why there two coke bottles in front of player interviews at the moment.  He's a fucking scumbag.  Honestly, Twitter needs to fuck off. 

I hate the shite double act he has with Kevin maguire. "Ooooh your lot! What about HIS lot!?"

That's where we are now I suppose.

The GB news stuff reminds me of something I read and can't for the life of me remember where. Think it was Orwell comparing the British to the Germans and about how the rise of fascism was more predictable in Germany than here, and how the British were cagey with their patriotism and would only push it so far in public.

I'm paraphrasing here, but it was basically something like "even before the war, German officers would sit in pavement cafes in full military uniform, but if a British officer did the same in an English pub they'd call him a cunt."

The whole thing seems so stupendously misjudged. I can only assume it's some kind of genius plan to gain social shares and make money that way, deliberately, with bad content. Which is possible.

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The GB news stuff reminds me of something I read and can't for the life of me remember where. Think it was Orwell comparing the British to the Germans and about how the rise of fascism was more predictable in Germany than here, and how the British were cagey with their patriotism and would only push it so far in public.

I'm paraphrasing here, but it was basically something like "even before the war, German officers would sit in pavement cafes in full military uniform, but if a British officer did the same in an English pub they'd call him a cunt."

The whole thing seems so stupendously misjudged. I can only assume it's some kind of genius plan to gain social shares and make money that way, deliberately, with bad content. Which is possible.

It's from 'England Your England'

A glorious take on the British character and psyche...

https://orwell.ru/library/essays/lion/english/e_eye

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's from 'England Your England'

A glorious take on the British character and psyche...

https://orwell.ru/library/essays/lion/english/e_eye

Class. 

It's a balancing act and the blue bloods worked it out years ago, I've said it before but when the Russian and French royals lost their heads, ours reinvented themselves. Gone was the gold and splendour, in came the wellies and Barbour jackets and the 'oooh it's only the National Trust that keeps the lights on!' wackyness. 

The English will wave flags and salute a picture of the queen, but it's a precarious loyalty at best and often stoked by it being under threat from an unseen enemy (Labour, Communism, Woke culture). 

• Upvote 2