You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GB News

Sugar Ape

Watched Andrew Neil's hour at 8pm last night and didn't see or hear much different to what I'd hear from him on any other channel to be honest. The man, I don't know but his interviewing technique is gold standard to me. He was taking on one of the tory dissenters that don't want the 4 week extension until 19 July. He slapped him about with facts, for a man in his 70s he's still razor sharp. 

The BBC dropped the ball when they let Neil go, I mean he's the one interviewer that Boris Johnson avoided, mainly because Neil would expose him for the massive fraud that he is. 

Not sure I'd want to watch the rest of the rabble on there, a lot of them seem washed up ex presenters and that's probably for a good reason. I'd slap the person that controls the sound though, it's not rocket science turning up a microphone when someone talks. 

I don't enjoy opinion news, I crave the old style news that mainly just told you what had happened and with the introduction of the internet it's not hard to just find that, although you have to sift through some shite before you get a balanced story sometimes. I don't watch much tv and even less rolling news (I know GBNews isn't rolling news) and I detest the shouty talking head panels. 

It seems to be the norm these days that something is either very bad or very good. It probably stems from the bitter arguments about Brexit. It's ridiculously childish to think that way in my opinion. Which is why they run to the nazis claims, because they were VERY bad. 

I think it needs a few months to settle down, not just to sort the technical problems but to find its feet. If the British public do not like it then it will fail, if a large amount do like it then it won't. I don't have to like everything on tv for it to be on, that's not how it works. If it was then 99% of the shit on there would be binned and replaced with hail Poster marches, songs and Sgt Bilko, lot's of Sgt Bilko. 

Is it for me, as I said I don't much like opinion news which is why I don't watch that. If I understand it right then this new channel is mostly that, so no it isn't for me just like a lot of sky news isn't either. But I will be watching Andrew Neil when I can. 

Now I'm off to watch some Sgt Bilko. 

From the quick scan of their videos on Youtube I guess my fear would be that they'll make it very difficult for Starmer or anyone like him, and the current form of the party, to win back the red wall.

Interviewing a miner about the pensions scandal, stuff on Grenfell, etc. Obviously the channel and those behind it couldn't give a shit about this stuff, and most of their content is common garden xenophobia and conspiracy theories, but while Labour keeps talking about anti-semitism and stuff that is considered "woke" by people who have been told to consider it "woke", it'll be difficult to address the perception that the working class in large parts of the country aren't represented by Labour.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Watched about 10 mins last night then had enough. Really bad, like being cornered by the pub bore. Be interesting to see if it survives on advertising revenue. Can’t see many companies wanting to be associated with this. 

It's bankrolled by the usual shysters, that's why the "left" can never compete. Makes me laugh that Neil doesn't even live here. 

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's bankrolled by the usual shysters, that's why the "left" can never compete. Makes me laugh that Neil doesn't even live here. 

Not one penny of the money invested to start up this shitfest is UK based.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/01/19/plastic-patriotism-gb-news-foreign-funders/

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Open University have pulled their advertisements from GB News too. 

I can't see there being much need for a boycott in this instance though... 

Why did they advertise in the first place? It's not like nobody knew what it was all about. Or did they do it just so they could pull it for the kudos? Strange times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Why did they advertise in the first place? It's not like nobody knew what it was all about. Or did they do it just so they could pull it for the kudos? Strange times.

This happens all the time, these firms will have their adverts packaged into brokered group deals managed by third parties and then have to withdraw after the fact.

The funny thing here is that the Kopparberg one wasn't the result of some "woke" pressure mob, a guy was posting a list of advertisers celebrating the fact that these firms were willing to back the channel. Kopparberg immediately replied, "thanks for making us aware of this error, we will be withdrawing our advert".

• Upvote 1

Half the stuff these clowns come out with is just gibberish, just babble like 'traitor', 'woke', 'hard left', 'marxist' (come to think of it, I did see a chapter in Kapital about vegan sausages and JK Rowling.)

I'd have more respect for these people if they were able to just be honest and speak their minds, rather than regurgitate blather. I suspect a lot of them are thick, they're the type of people who would have got into footy in the 90s and would sit in the pub just shouting stuff like "Petit and Vieira - world class!" because they'd heard someone else say it. Now it's 'What's wrong with WTO terms?' 

It's become trendy to be racist, sadly. 

• Upvote 1