You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors in movies/TV that you would have recast?

Elite

4 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. 

Reacher is described as being 6 feet 5 inches tall, and weighing over 17 stone.

"He was one of the largest men she had ever seen outside the NFL. He was extremely tall, and extremely broad, and long-armed, and long-legged. The lawn chair was regular size, but it looked tiny under him. It was bent and crushed out of shape. His knuckles were nearly touching the ground. His neck was thick and his hands were the size of dinner plates...A wild man. But not really. Underneath everything else seemed strangely civilized....His gaze was both wise and appealing, both friendly and bleak, both frank and utterly cynical."

A few years ago, in his Jane (Firefly) days, I would have said Adam Baldwin. Now, maybe Dave Bautista.

Reacher doesn't have a great emotional range, so no problem there. He is also never smug (Tom Cruise's default), and never had to stand on a box to get to the biscuit tin.

I came to this thread to post this. I hadn't read the books, just saw the film but I was chatting with my mate and saying I just didn't buy him as a military cop. He had read the books and said basically a summary of what you posted. 

8 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. 

Reacher is described as being 6 feet 5 inches tall, and weighing over 17 stone.

"He was one of the largest men she had ever seen outside the NFL. He was extremely tall, and extremely broad, and long-armed, and long-legged. The lawn chair was regular size, but it looked tiny under him. It was bent and crushed out of shape. His knuckles were nearly touching the ground. His neck was thick and his hands were the size of dinner plates...A wild man. But not really. Underneath everything else seemed strangely civilized....His gaze was both wise and appealing, both friendly and bleak, both frank and utterly cynical."

A few years ago, in his Jane (Firefly) days, I would have said Adam Baldwin. Now, maybe Dave Bautista.

Reacher doesn't have a great emotional range, so no problem there. He is also never smug (Tom Cruise's default), and never had to stand on a box to get to the biscuit tin.

I've said the same about Cruise as Reacher as I've read a book or two(it may have been the same book as they are all the same anyway.) Also,just for consistency,Johnny Depp(again) in Donnie Brasco. Somebody like Michael Madsen,who was in the film as a gangster,would have fit the bill,and build much better.