You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have you had Covid 19 yet?

Baltar

Had Covid 19?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Had Covid 19?

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I was certain I had it March, had a test booked and they cancelled them all. The fact my my missus never got it had me thinking I didn't have it after all, then reading that only 17% of partners get it has me thinking I had it.

That's not true fella.

39% is spousal rate of transmission - and 38% rate for those living with 3 people. 

7 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Whats it like living in a country that seems to know what it's doing?

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Been watching The Lord of the Rings lately too, what a place New Zealand seems. To think someone actually lives in The Shire, doesn't have Covid and can go to rugby matches. Meanwhile, Boris Johnson's popularity has probably gone up.

It's ok here, easy to take for granted I guess. We were fully locked down for a few months last year which was a pain in the arse, but we should definitely count ourselves lucky that we seem to be coping better than some other countries.

Its the travel ban that seems to be the biggest issue here at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

It's ok here, easy to take for granted I guess. We were fully locked down for a few months last year which was a pain in the arse, but we should definitely count ourselves lucky that we seem to be coping better than some other countries.

Its the travel ban that seems to be the biggest issue here at the moment. 

Local or international? I imagine the tourist dollar has been missed.

• Upvote 1

I knew I had it back in March and was bed-ridden for 3 weeks, with a fever throughout the whole time. I never had a fever lasting more than 2 days before then so I knew by the 2nd week this had to be Covid. Back then they weren't testing unless you were hospitalised but luckily it never got that serious, although I had an ambulance check on me after I passed out after having a shower (bad idea if you have a temperature) and doc prescribed antibiotics to prevent a bacterial infection from occurring. Luckily I never had breathing issues, and cough was mild but had so many other symptoms including serious fatigue, aches and pains, loss of sleep and appetite, loss of taste and smell, and dizziness.

7 months later I had a blood test that confirmed the presence of covid antibodies. Seems mental that the antibodies could last that long but hopefully that means immunity from an infection or vaccine can last a longish time.

4 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Local or international? I imagine the tourist dollar has been missed.

International. Yeah the tourist industry is a really bad place to be right now. Some of those involved have gone bust, some just about keeping their heads above water. Theres been government assistance but that's limited as always.

I have sleep apnoea so I tend to sleep with my mouth open and snore like a fucking hog. I also get anxiety. These too things mix quite poorly. The sleep apnoea causes my throat to swell and become sore through the night. The anxiety feels the sore throat and thinks I've got covid. Then I wonder if because of this, I will get it and not get tested because I'll write it off as normal sleep apnoea symptoms. 

Back in March I had fever and fatigue but no cough or loss of taste/smell. A test wasn’t an option at the time so I don’t know for sure. However, a mate who I spent time with shortly before I got ill was really sick and later tested positive for antibodies. 

Probably had it. Will never actually know. Got off lightly if I did. 

You down with Covid G 

On 28/01/2021 at 11:11, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

If I didn't have a daughter I'd fuck off. In fact when she grows up I'm going to encourage her to study/work/live abroad for a while and see if she can find somewhere less shit/less full of idiots

Been saying that to my kids for years. 

21 hours ago, SasaS said:

Probably much higher if you try to taste your spouse, like Stig does.

He's just doing his part, following the 'Eat out to help out' motto.

I had a very mild form in October, also with a loss of taste, which didn't last long, thankfully.