Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dockers_strike

Holocaust memorial day

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I often think about that. Sadly there aren't many veterans left now and they're all extremely old, but when I was a kid in the 80s there would have still been bus drivers, teachers, coppers etc who'd seen combat. Mad.

Exactly, and relatively young in their 60s with memories of what they witnessed as young lads in their not to distant past at that time. Yes mad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone thinks they wouldn’t react to being falsely accused of attacking Jews on a Holocaust thread then they are full of shit. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After we've finished the film franchise tournament, we should do a 'Most inappropriate thread to get into a pointless slanging match' one & this will lose to The Muppets vs Die Hard in the final.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mook said:

After we've finished the film franchise tournament, we should do a 'Most inappropriate thread to get into a pointless slanging match' one & this will lose to The Muppets vs Die Hard in the final.

Take it to the Pointless or The Chase thread, you bellend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edward. said:

Harrowing experience visiting. The vastness of it and they were still building more. All the confiscated belongings really got to me as well. Also visited the Killing Fields in Cambodia which was equally as bad, the bones of the people  that were buried still rise to the surface. In some ways because the clothing is more recognisable and modern it's worse.

Yes, it's haunting. The punishment blocks stay with me, those standing cells... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I must go sometime,people should try to, I've always had it in mind along with battlefields of Northern France, for some contemplation. 

Did the Somme etc on a school trip. Stayed in Ypres and travelled round for a few days. The military graveyards were unbelievable. I will go back as an adult as I don’t think you get it as much as a kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Did the Somme etc on a school trip. Stayed in Ypres and travelled round for a few days. The military graveyards were unbelievable. I will go back as an adult as I don’t think you get it as much as a kid. 

Yes, you'll know a bit more, I've known a few lads that have been there and said I should go. 

Our kid is in a Kawasaki club thing and they go on trips to Europe quite often they take in all that stuff and he found a relatives grave from WW1 and the vicinity where he was killed, they also found out that he was trying to relieve some other battalion where another one of the club members relatives was also killed, meaning that all in that area where from roughly the same area of the UK in this case Liverpool and the surrounding towns in that part of what was Lancashire. 

The father of one of those lads went on to being part of the liberation of one of those death camps. 

Imagine having memories of seeing that shit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go past the Shoes on the Danube memorial fairly regularly and it never fails to have an impact

 

 

 

FDC574C2-8BE1-4B95-857B-D0F28CF8114E.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visited Dachau when I was younger; harrowing experience. The antics of American tourists were hard to understand: there are signs up everywhere asking visitors to respect the memorial and refrain from taking pictures but there were smiling groups in front of the crematorium, posing for photos with their buddies, giving the thumbs up. I imagine they were soldiers but certainly not old enough to have liberated the camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mars said:

Visited Dachau when I was younger; harrowing experience. The antics of American tourists were hard to understand: there are signs up everywhere asking visitors to respect the memorial and refrain from taking pictures but there were smiling groups in front of the crematorium, posing for photos with their buddies, giving the thumbs up. I imagine they were soldiers but certainly not old enough to have liberated the camp.

Dachau. A few miles from a superb city full of wonderful people. Its impossible to get your head around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PestiRed said:

Go past the Shoes on the Danube memorial fairly regularly and it never fails to have an impact

 

 

 

FDC574C2-8BE1-4B95-857B-D0F28CF8114E.jpeg

Thanks for posting that mate. I'd never heard of that event before so I've just had a quick read up on it! Awful, sickening stuff!

 

Sad to think that memorial is there and a cunt like Orban is running the country! Humans never frigging learn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dachau. A few miles from a superb city full of wonderful people. Its impossible to get your head around. 

I've visited Dachau while we were in Munich for the beer festival incredibly moving 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Is with us again today. Shalom and peace in the Middle East and around the World. There's more that unites us than divides us.

Nice one for starting and bumping this thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2021 at 13:57, Strontium said:

They could think a bit harder about it though, and realise that if Israel didn't exist, it could happen all over again.

The existence of Israel does not prevent genocide. The way to prevent genocide is to prevent the normalisation of bigotry and hatred: all that tiresome "woke" stuff about the use of language is there for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×