You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holocaust memorial day

dockers_strike

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't understand why Israel was mentioned in the OP as thoughts on the atrocities that Israel are committing in the present day have nothing to do with the holocaust. I know you weren't saying it as a dig DS so forgive me for mentioning it, it just didn't need to be made. 

It's a fair comment so I hope you'll indulge me.

I dont worship any deity. Im not jewish. I am a humanist first and foremost. I do not condone the Israelii Government or IDF treatment of violence to any Palestinian such as breaking someone's arm or worst, because they lobbed a few stones at soldiers.

There's a tendency on the forum for some to take posts as an absolute literal meaning. There's also a tendency of many folk to link the holocaust soley to Jewish people. They were as a group by far the largest and as I mentioned, others also sufferred the same fate.

Many people tend to link the holocaust \ jewish people to Israel and all things Israelii.

I firmly believe a solution has to be found for the Palestinian people, Israelii's and the Arab world, indeed the whole world to live together, peacefully.

If this leaves more questions or doesnt answer your point, apologies. Im neither a philosopher, great speaker or writer. I literally write post stuff as it comes into my head. I dont go over and over re analysising stuff.

Im just an arl arse who'd like to see peace and humilty spread around the world before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Peace and good will bro.

• Upvote 4

Just now, dockers_strike said:

It's a fair comment so I hope you'll indulge me.

I dont worship any deity. Im not jewish. I am a humanist first and foremost. I do not condone the Israelii Government or IDF treatment of violence to any Palestinian such as breaking someone's arm or worst, because they lobbed a few stones at soldiers.

There's a tendency on the forum for some to take posts as an absolute literal meaning. There's also a tendency of many folk to link the holocaust soley to Jewish people. They were as a group by far the largest and as I mentioned, others also sufferred the same fate.

Many people tend to link the holocaust \ jewish people to Israel and all things Israelii.

I firmly believe a solution has to be found for the Palestinian people, Israelii's and the Arab world, indeed the whole world to live together, peacefully.

If this leaves more questions or doesnt answer your point, apologies. Im neither a philosopher, great speaker or writer. I literally write post stuff as it comes into my head. I dont go over and over re analysising stuff.

Im just an arl arse who'd like to see peace and humilty spread around the world before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Peace and good will bro.

Thats fair enough mate. As I said, I wasn't having a pop at you at all, just didn't think Israel needed to be linked as being against Israels actions towards Palestine doesn't mean hatred of jews or condoning the holocaust. I too am a humanitarian and wish people of all creed and colour the very best of life and will call-out anyone who attempts to make the world a poorer place for others. 

it was the other dickhead who turned the thread into something it wasn't with his usual bullshit and cowardice. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

This place is a fucking cesspit at times it really is.

If people want to go around throwing false accusations about jews being attacked on a holocaust thread just because their shitty comment has been rebuked then they deserve to be called out on it. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

If people want to go around throwing false accusations about jews being attacked on a holocaust thread just because their shitty comment has been rebuked then they deserve to be called out on it. 

You are a self-confessed anti-Zionist, and the vast majority of Jews are Zionists, try joining the dots. After you've negged me another 5 times, of course.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You are a self-confessed anti-Zionist, and the vast majority of Jews are Zionists, try joining the dots. After you've negged me another 5 times, of course.

Avoiding the question again. Where did I attack Jews? Come on?

You know full well I'm anti Israel policy against Palestine. Any decent human being is. I'm not anti-Jewish at all. I see why you don't have a problem with it though. People let you get away with your lies and snide, I don't let it go because I see you for exactly what you are. 

And yep I did neg you 5 times and will continue to neg your posts because I know it winds you up, just like your false accusation wound me up. Its ok, I'll pre-warn my boss incase you feel the need to be a snide little grass and try and get someone sacked over a neg again. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There’s a documentary series on Netflix called ‘Nazi Death Squads’ or something like that. I watched the first episode the other day and it was pretty harrowing. One thing I never knew about was the general public in most of the countries the Germans invaded or were about to invade when launching Operation Barbarossa, actually turning on and horrifically killing their own Jewish population themselves. Seems absolutely mental that. The Germans were meant to be the enemy but such was the level of anti-semitism in the Balkans and Ukraine that they started doing their dirty work for them. I haven’t put the second episode on yet. It’s brutally hard to watch. 

The Einsatzgruppen

SS Squads that stayed behind the frontlines to round up and either kill or move the Jews,Gypsy etc etc on to the death camps

There's just been a programme on about some descendants of Nazis, one was a great granddaughter of Goering and another whose Grandfather was a particularly cruel sadist of a guard at Ausvitch. 

Trying to come to terms with their family links and meetings with some Holocaust survivors which brought some level of understanding and healing to both parties. 

What was sad though was that one women said she was brought up in the hippy era where it was commonplace for women not have kids, but perhaps there was a subconscious feeling of passing on genes from past family members, she got herself sterilised. Goering was fascinated by ancestry stating that chromosomes are really strange in that they can by pass some family members from say a Grandfather and re emerge further down the line. 

When you think of the 80s which was 40 years ago, and then think of when in the 80s those atrocities where 40 years ago prior so it's still in touching distance and hard to comprehend that it happened in relatively recent times. 

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

@Strontium Dog™and @Bjornebye

There's a fucking time and a place. This is meant to be a memorial thread. Not slanging match. 

Pair of kmobheads. 

Poor form to blame the only Jewish person here for it. Probably best aimed at the person who started it, then kept negging me right across the forum when I repeatedly refused to bite.

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

There's just been a programme on about some descendants of Nazis, one was a great granddaughter of Goering

She should look at what Albert Goering did during the war, thats the man that should be remembered 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Poor form to blame the only Jewish person here for it. Probably best aimed at the person who started it, then kept negging me right across the forum when I repeatedly refused to bite.

You’ve said on this very forum that you’re not Jewish. Poor form pulling the Jew card against Skids there when not a single person has attacked Jews once in this thread. Not one. Don’t claim you haven’t “bitten” when what you’ve done is avoided the question because you know you’ve lied again. 

Sorry for my part in this lads but I’m not being accused of attacking Jews for no reason. Doesn’t sit right with me that someone can throw an accusation like that around the snide about without explaining. 

You are an embarrassment. 

Harrowing experience visiting. The vastness of it and they were still building more. All the confiscated belongings really got to me as well. Also visited the Killing Fields in Cambodia which was equally as bad, the bones of the people  that were buried still rise to the surface. In some ways because the clothing is more recognisable and modern it's worse.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Don't be trying to insinuate I am blaming the only Jewish person here. Because I'm not. 

I'm blaming both of you exactly the same about what is going on in here, not on any other thread. 

The pair of you need to fucking ignore each other and move on. Pair of Knobheads. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Don't be trying to insinuate I am blaming the only Jewish person here. Because I'm not. 

I'm blaming both of you exactly the same about what is going on in here, not on any other thread. 

The pair of you need to fucking ignore each other and move on. Pair of Knobheads. 

A25DD234-8030-4FEE-886D-C15D0CC6E28C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

There's just been a programme on about some descendants of Nazis, one was a great granddaughter of Goering and another whose Grandfather was a particularly cruel sadist of a guard at Ausvitch. 

Trying to come to terms with their family links and meetings with some Holocaust survivors which brought some level of understanding and healing to both parties. 

What was sad though was that one women said she was brought up in the hippy era where it was commonplace for women not have kids, but perhaps there was a subconscious feeling of passing on genes from past family members, she got herself sterilised. Goering was fascinated by ancestry stating that chromosomes are really strange in that they can by pass some family members from say a Grandfather and re emerge further down the line. 

When you think of the 80s which was 40 years ago, and then think of when in the 80s those atrocities where 40 years ago prior so it's still in touching distance and hard to comprehend that it happened in relatively recent times. 

Yeah I often think about that. Sadly there aren't many veterans left now and they're all extremely old, but when I was a kid in the 80s there would have still been bus drivers, teachers, coppers etc who'd seen combat. Mad.

• Upvote 1