You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tactics Truck!

Bruce Spanner

Here you go, the day you've all been waiting for, time to pit your wits against the best, and Turdseye!

It's not overly complicated, but it will take a little time and thought.

All of the things below go together to make you the manager you want to be, so take in to considaration that some things will contradict each other so be careful.

We have all been set with the same qulifications and reputation, this will be the only thing that diferentaites us from each other.

So first thing to choose 'Philosophy' this will be what you are held up against, so choosing attacking and then Playing like El Cholo will have the fans, media and players on your back and can effect moral. so it's the easiest choice, but one that effects massively.

So choose one or two from.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 09.01.52.png

Next is prefered formation, you only need to choose it at this point, we refine it later...

Prefered Formation...

Second Prefered...

Attacking...

Defensive...

'You' are tactically astute enough to know when to use which, but will use the prefered in the vast majority of cases.

image.png

image.png

image.png

What is your coaching style?

General 

Defensive

Attacking.

This is the important part now...

You have 155 points to distribute on your tactical attributes, you can chose 0-20 in each, but no more than 155!

image.png

Your nontactical attributes, you have 250 to distribute, again between 0-20.

image.png

The next set is your tendencies to do these things so if you want to be a pressing team it would be high, rate yourself out of ten for the ones that are the most important to the way you want to play. You can not just rate ten for all as your players will not know which instructions to follow so you have to think about how they will work in the bigger picture and some some be low or zero.

image.png

image.png

Next is the fine tuning, each player in your formation can be given specific instructions, they will not do it every time, but they will look to where possible, try to link this to how you want your team to play overall 'the bigger picture'

You can only choose one for each position and remember to think about the players you actually have and their ability to fulfil these roles.

image.png

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 09.21.49.png

image.png

That's everything to do with how you want your team to play, it'll take some thinking, but you can't go too far wrong as long as you don't contradict instruction and confuse players.

Most importantly, are you a suit or tracksuit manager?

So if you C&P this filled out and PM it to me when you have chosen.

I have done mine already so I can't plan for yours and it's a level playing field

Name:

Play:

Formations

Prefered Formation:

Second Prefered:

Defensive:

Attacking:

Coaching Style:

Tactical Attributes: 155 (0-20)

Attacking

Depth

Determination

Directness

Physicality of Play

Flamboyancy

Flexibility

Pressing 

Tactical Knowledge

Tempo

Width

Non-tactical: 250 (0-20)

Buying Players

Eccentricity

Hardness of Training

Judging Player Ability

Judging Player Potential

Judging Player Data

Judging Staff Ability

Level of Discipline

Man Management

Mind Games

Motivating

Versility

Squad Rotation

Working With Youngsters

Coaching Attacking

Coacking Defence

Coaching Fitness

Coaching GK Distribution

Tendencies: Rate how applicable they are to your tactics (0-10)

Will use zonal marking for set-pieces

Will make early tactical changes

Will fit player in to prefered tactic

Will use counter-attacking

Allow creative freedom

Will use man marking

Will use offside trap

Willl set back and defend a lead

Will use subs

Will focus play down planks

Will look for overlaps

Will look for underlaps

Will look to play out of defence

Will use crosses

Will work the ball in to box

Will counter press

Will press intently

Will try to prevent crosses

Tactical Roles: Only assign to positions in your prefered formation

Gk

D(R)

D(L)

D(C)

WB(L)

WB(R)

DM

ML(L)

MR(R)

M(C)

AM(L)

AM(R)

AM(C)

ST

Attire:

Suit

Track suit

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 09.20.12.png

16 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Do we have standardised coaching staff?

We all have a world class backroom staff.

But if there are any shortcomings identified by the board they will get them in for you, which will happen first day of the game, I don't see any though.

Because all teams are loaded the numbers allowed will be higher so they might bring in people anyway, but to start with everyone has the best you can get across the board and any additions the game makes will not make a difference.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bruce , apologies if I am being dense but what exactly are we doing in the tactics bit near the end ?

Am I putting a players name next to each tactic - like putting Calvert-Lewin next to ' Target Man '

No, just what you want the person in that position to do, whichever player plays there.

So it would be ST - Target man.

That make sense? 

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit confused. The formation I want to play is as was posted by Scott on the other thread - I would describe it as 4-2-1-3, but I don't see that option, so I assume it's going to have to be 4-2-3-1? But then there are variations that, to be honest, don't mean a lot to me... I also don't really understand the last part because different players playing in the same position (rotation, injury or whatever) will play differently, no? 

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Here you go, the day you've all been waiting for, time to pit your wits against the best, and Turdseye!

It's not overly complicated, but it will take a little time and thought.

All of the things below go together to make you the manager you want to be, so take in to considaration that some things will contradict each other so be careful.

We have all been set with the same qulifications and reputation, this will be the only thing that diferentaites us from each other.

So first thing to choose 'Philosophy' this will be what you are held up against, so choosing attacking and then Playing like El Cholo will have the fans, media and players on your back and can effect moral. so it's the easiest choice, but one that effects massively.

So choose one or two from.

Next is prefered formation, you only need to choose it at this point, we refine it later...

Prefered Formation...

Second Prefered...

Attacking...

Defensive...

'You' are tactically astute enough to know when to use which, but will use the prefered in the vast majority of cases.

image.png

image.png

image.png

What is your coaching style?

General 

Defensive

Attacking.

This is the important part now...

You have 155 points to distribute on your tactical attributes, you can chose 0-20 in each, but no more than 155!

image.png

Your nontactical attributes, you have 250 to distribute, again between 0-20.

image.png

The next set is your tendencies to do these things so if you want to be a pressing team it would be high, rate yourself out of ten for the ones that are the most important to the way you want to play. You can not just rate ten for all as your players will not know which instructions to follow so you have to think about how they will work in the bigger picture and some some be low or zero.

image.png

image.png

Next is the fine tuning, each player in your formation can be given specific instructions, they will not do it every time, but they will look to where possible, try to link this to how you want your team to play overall 'the bigger picture'

You can only choose one for each position and remember to think about the players you actually have and their ability to fulfil these roles.

image.png

image.png

That's everything to do with how you want your team to play, it'll take some thinking, but you can't go too far wrong as long as you don't contradict instruction and confuse players.

Most importantly, are you a suit or tracksuit manager?

So if you C&P this filled out and PM it to me when you have chosen.

I have done mine already so I can't plan for yours and it's a level playing field

Name:

Play:

Formations

Prefered Formation:

Second Prefered:

Defensive:

Attacking:

Coaching Style:

Tactical Attributes: 155 (0-20)

Attacking

Depth

Determination

Directness

Physicality of Play

Flamboyancy

Flexibility

Pressing 

Tactical Knowledge

Tempo

Width

Non-tactical: 250 (0-20)

Buying Players

Eccentricity

Hardness of Training

Judging Player Ability

Judging Player Potential

Judging Player Data

Judging Staff Ability

Level of Discipline

Man Management

Mind Games

Motivating

Versility

Squad Rotation

Working With Youngsters

Coaching Attacking

Coacking Defence

Coaching Fitness

Coaching GK Distribution

Tendencies: Rate how applicable they are to your tactics (0-10)

Will use zonal marking for set-pieces

Will make early tactical changes

Will fit player in to prefered tactic

Will use counter-attacking

Allow creative freedom

Will use man marking

Will use offside trap

Willl set back and defend a lead

Will use subs

Will focus play down planks

Will look for overlaps

Will look for underlaps

Will look to play out of defence

Will use crosses

Will work the ball in to box

Will counter press

Will press intently

Will try to prevent crosses

Tactical Roles: Only assign to positions in your prefered formation

Gk

D(R)

D(L)

D(C)

WB(L)

WB(R)

DM

ML(L)

MR(R)

M(C)

AM(L)

AM(R)

AM(C)

ST

Attire:

Suit

Track suit

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 09.20.12.png

A spreadsheet for this would have been boss. 

39 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I'm a bit confused. The formation I want to play is as was posted by Scott on the other thread - I would describe it as 4-2-1-3, but I don't see that option, so I assume it's going to have to be 4-2-3-1? But then there are variations that, to be honest, don't mean a lot to me... I also don't really understand the last part because different players playing in the same position (rotation, injury or whatever) will play differently, no? 

It's a 4-2-3-1, The wide players count as wide forwards, playing 4-2-1-3 means three strikers. Just choose attacking, like Klopp, or Defensive, like Rafa.

The different players part is based on your first eleven and what you want them to play like, the manager in the game, and the staff, will work on the other players.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m happy to do it, I pity you having to piece together.

Would a manager draft be easier? Sides just set up how the manger sets up his sides.

Once I have the data it's probably about two hours work, which lets face it, isn't such a loss at the moment...

More than happy to do it, it's a welcome distraction from the shitfest.

• Upvote 2