You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United 3 Liverpool 2 (Jan 24 2021)

tlw content

Thing is that we are going through the storm now and everyone is losing their minds, in just a couple of months our fans have been slagging off our players whom they adored last season. Just recently the best team in the world, breaking all records since the beginning of football,  people get behind the players and we'll have our golden sky. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

All things considered, that's the least shit I've felt about a loss to them for a while. It's still smarts, but I was more angry about the 0-0 last week. We saw what are hopefully the first shoots of recovery growing from the bag of manure we've been in for a bit.

We all know the front 3 have been poor, but pretty much all of them have been to one degree or other. Even Robbo hasn't looked himself. It's a collective slump for the many reasons Dave has covered so well for a while. Thiago has looked very good and also very average, who hasn't lately?

A note on Portugese Gyllfi. His importance to that lot cant be underestimated. He has been fucking phenomenal. Whether he lasts we'll see, but in a year he has dragged those fuckers back from nowhere.

The twat..

• Upvote 5

I wish we were more clinical. I know you don't take every opportunity  nobody has that conversion rate but missing the easy chances seems to deflate us more and we really do fluff a lot of strikes, Bobby and gini alone are pea rolling Kings and you know if hendo is striking the ball it will swerve high and right and he will walk away cursing himself.

It beats me how some professional footballers dont seem to be able to strike the ball properly. They're supposed to be professionals yet they cannot get the timing right.

You look at Gini, Bobby, Hendo and Milner and, when shooting at goal, they become almost Sunday park players with their efforts. Gini, Bobby nd believe it or not, Hendo are supposed to be wizzards at  doing keepie uppies, juggling the ball on their thighs and even their foreheads. But put them in front of goal and there's frankly fuck all technique.

Gini mishits an awful lot of shots at goal when he does get them. Bobby just cannot seem to get any power in his, while Hendo usually puts his miles over the bar. Im not talking rushed snapshots here either. Im talking when there is a decent opportunity with time and space.

Maybe Jurgen and the coaches should re instate Shankly's 6 squares target goal and tell them to get some practice in?

18 hours ago, Butch said:

Thing is that we are going through the storm now and everyone is losing their minds, in just a couple of months our fans have been slagging off our players whom they adored last season. Just recently the best team in the world, breaking all records since the beginning of football,  people get behind the players and we'll have our golden sky. 

The best team in the world didn't have kids who are league 1 standard, championship (at best) level grocks and midfielders playing at the heart of its defence and alternated between any mix of those things on a match to match basis.....managing to completely disrupt the teams structure and causing massive knock on effects all over the park.

None of this of course is any of the players faults they are in over their heads, out of position, affected by it all etc etc

The blame for that being the case lies squarely at the feet of those running the football club and for me that is where the anger lies.

• Upvote 1

On 25/01/2021 at 14:32, Code said:

Here it is, the mancs let Rashford stay upfield instead og chasing back, it kikker Williams.

71C3EC7B-44A7-4F26-9FF4-8AD07DD6F2D6.jpeg

CF78F2EB-008C-40EB-A920-7461624AC081.jpeg

Trent being that high was probably not advisable but that's how we have often played. Gini being timid was the reason the attack broke down in the first place for their first goal. Firmino gave it to him on the edge of the box and instead of turning to shoot, Gini laid it to back Firmino. Pogba read it, lunged in and the ball broke for their counter. Seconds later, 1-1.

That's my big issue with Gini when it gets to the attacking third. He is often too conservative, he usually takes the easy option and can't spot a through ball into the box. And like Dave mentioned in one of the comments above, Gini's shooting and finishing is usually atrocious when playing for us. Yes, he plays a different role for the Dutch, but it is still a bit puzzling he can't seem to finish chances for us as well as he does for them.

It'll be great if we got him to extend his contract. Because he is our most durable and reliably fit midfielder. But he is also a midfielder we can improve upon. He just doesnt contribute enough goals and assists for a team as dominant as ours.

• dave u unpinned this topic
On 25/01/2021 at 14:53, rb14 said:

Top top proper perspective on Williams and keeping his head up analysis there, Dave. 

Someone mentioned that in the first few minutes the ball went out for our throw and Luke Shaw threw the ball in entirely the wrong direction. No yellow card and that was the minute the poster knew we'd get fuck all from Pawson. Mine was the Pogba holding and fouling on Salah that resulted in a misplaced pass to TAA and went out for a throw. Nothing given yet it was truly disgraceful. I don't think Pawson was terrible, but I did think he gave them at least the 5% that means there are few game-changing, blatantly contentious decisions, but added together, they just grind our players down. Which is all it takes. 

And Pawson positioning himself in the LFC forward passing lanes.

• Upvote 1