You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) 28/1/21 - Premier League - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

His passing is awful and he’s no pace. He’s very good in the air. If Antonio is starting for West Ham on Sunday you’ll get to see why he shouldn’t be a first choice player for us.

Antonio would tear him a new one.  The best Phillips could hope for against that bastard is to get close enough to concede a penalty.

1 minute ago, skaro said:

In the context of a 6-month block, that's a significant rebuild.

Or perhaps I should have said "renovation".

I'm not very good with my construction industry terms - that's @VERBAL DIARRHEA 's turf.

If adding 2 functional mid-level centre backs to the squad is now termed a “rebuild” god help us when we need to change the goalkeeper, starting centre backs, either full backs, any of our starting 3 midfielders or any of our starting 3 forwards down the line.

Phillips actually does some of the job well...strong, decent in air and will win his share of 50/50's.

But he is painfully slow, has a dreadful touch, his passing is awful....there were times tonight you could see we were avoiding passing to him and that fucks up our play....he managed to put a simple bass behind Alisson that nearly put him in trouble and later through us not passing to him we nearly got caught in our own box - we should have been under no pressure at all, but through avoiding passing to him we put ourselves under pressure.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Antonio would tear him a new one.  The best Phillips could hope for against that bastard is to get close enough to concede a penalty.

Phillips was mom against Kane and Son at Anfield and decent against Son tonight , so its not a given Antonio will kill him. Also Wham are very good at corners and free kicks so he will be useful there.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hopefully all these “the team needs a rebuild” morons can shut the fuck up for a week

Would be nice. Of course also no need to go overboard after tonights good performance and say we’re now back, out issues are solved and so on. Takes more than one game to turn this right, even if the cup game at the weekend was also a step in the right direction.

Cant be arsed to check, but sometimes wonder if it’s the same people saying we’re untouchable and will walk the title after a good run that say we need a complete rebuild after a few poor games.

We’re looking better now, especially in attack, but our issues are far from over. We dont have one single half decent CB fit. Not one. And that will cost us massively for the rest of the season, even if I thoroughly enjoyed our win tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

And the other midfielder playing at CB doesn't have the best injury record himself. 

We're setting ourselves up for a Phillips/Williams partnership in the near future. 

What odds on Origi/Oxlade Chamberlain?

Let's hope this is merely an ironic post, not prophesy.

Just now, Alex_K said:

If adding 2 functional mid-level centre backs to the squad is now termed a “rebuild” god help us when we need to change the goalkeeper, starting centre backs, either full backs, any of our starting 3 midfielders or any of our starting 3 forwards down the line.

I was talking, perhaps even a little facetiously, about adding one or two players to an XI during a critical, short-term period of bad results in an injury crisis.

I'm very happy we won tonight.

I'm keeping thoughts of a bona fide rebuild in a wheelbarrow on the back of my truck.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Phillips was mom against Kane and Son at Anfield and decent against Son tonight , so its not a given Antonio will kill him.

If we change tactics and have our defence sitting back very deep then ye he’ll be fine.

there’s a reason Klopp has not trusted playing him - he’s litterly picked Henderson and put him in defence ahead of him. 

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Would be nice. Of course also no need to go overboard after tonights good performance and say we’re now back, out issues are solved and so on. Takes more than one game to turn this right, even if the cup game at the weekend was also a step in the right direction.

Cant be arsed to check, but sometimes wonder if it’s the same people saying we’re untouchable and will walk the title after a good run that say we need a complete rebuild after a few poor games.

We’re looking better now, especially in attack, but our issues are far from over. We dont have one single half decent CB fit. Not one. And that will cost us massively for the rest of the season, even if I thoroughly enjoyed our win tonight.

Yes. We need 2 professional centre backs added to the club at mid-league level. Neither will ever play when VVD & Gomez are fit. Neither may ever play when VVD & Fabinho are fit. The OTT posts towards the rest of the team for the past 4 weeks were nothing short of disgusting.

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

Gonna be tough Sunday to put a good side out 

I'd be stunned if Milner could play again after shift he put in tonight, he was immense and ran fucking miles.

Hendo will have to play at back again.

So then it is Oxlade or Jones in middle.

Thought Jones slotted in well when he came on

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If we change tactics and have our defence sitting back very deep then ye he’ll be fine.

there’s a reason Klopp has not trusted playing him - he’s litterly picked Henderson and put him in defence ahead of him. 

If Fabinho is out , we won't have much option other than playing him or Williams with Hendo , and I would go Nat every time.

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

It will be