You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) 28/1/21 - Premier League - 20:00

Bjornebye

Our away form is appaling. I think our tactics have been found out as much as people are saying they haven't, teams handle us. Klopp and linders need to address this we cant keep repeating the same play hoping we will eventually grind our way back into form because the results are killing our season. Id revert to the basic counter attack team thats paying dividends this season for so many teams. This is a bizarre season and we are more than equipped to sit deeper and hurt teams quickly on the break. Sit back against spurs fuck them, don't give them the space and opportunities we've been presenting on a plate to every side. We can play the neat passing just further back to create space so we can actually run at defenders.

I'm waffling there is no simple solution im just tired of watching the same game for the last month.

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Our away form is appaling. I think our tactics have been found out as much as people are saying they haven't, teams handle us. Klopp and linders need to address this we cant keep repeating the same play hoping we will eventually grind our way back into form because the results are killing our season. Id revert to the basic counter attack team thats paying dividends this season for so many teams. This is a bizarre season and we are more than equipped to sit deeper and hurt teams quickly on the break. Sit back against spurs fuck them, don't give them the space and opportunities we've been presenting on a plate to every side. We can play the neat passing just further back to create space so we can actually run at defenders.

I'm waffling there is no simple solution im just tired of watching the same game for the last month.

Yeah.

This season, we are compressing very high up the field rather than pressing aggressively and suddenly it's back to how it was 5 years ago - sit in and then counter us easily and have clear chances to score/only need 1 or 2 chances against us to beat us.

We really have to start getting a little more clued up against this tactic and for me given our lack of defensive pace now it starts with our high line.....We need to drop deeper and stretch the pitch rather than be so compressed - this will give our forwards more space to exploit as well and force teams to venture out against us more rather than parking 9 men on the edge of the box and waiting to launch ball behind us into miles of space and be able to run away from hopelessly slow centre halves.

It also means less for our midfielders to have to need to sprint back (and largely fail) to cover - a really obvious issue.

Our midfielders are getting turned around running back towards their own goal too often and it is something they are not very good at.

The amount of times teams are in on us with 1 ball/a ball and a flick on is just too many, we are being exposed time and time again even by shite teams with it.

25 minutes ago, aws said:

Matip and Hendo seem to be fit so the side we're likely to pick will be better than theirs. No  reason why we can't get a result. 

Normally I’d agree with this - but we’ve too many players we rely on are massively out of form Trent - Firmino- Mane and apart form the FA cup match Salah.

This Spurs side isn't especially scary as they're quite one-dimensional and not especially dynamic, past the exploits of Kane and Son. They've been maybe the 5th best team in the league this season. I don't think there's any reason to fear them. People's concerns usually revolve around their style of play, but we've been poor against every style of play recently. It's about if we can bounce back and get back to a decent level, it's not about what they do. They aren't good enough to impose themselves on us. They aren't City. I think if we're any good on the day, we'll win.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This Spurs side isn't especially scary as they're quite one-dimensional and not especially dynamic, past the exploits of Kane and Son. They've been maybe the 5th best team in the league this season. I don't think there's any reason to fear them. People's concerns usually revolve around their style of play, but we've been poor against every style of play recently. It's about if we can bounce back and get back to a decent level, it's not about what they do. They aren't good enough to impose themselves on us. They aren't City. I think if we're any good on the day, we'll win.

i don't really rate them to be honest other than Son and Kane  , so I am hoping we wallop them and cheer up everybody on here except Allmytyred.

• Upvote 2

This is a season definer. Win this well and we suddenly can start looking forward to fixtures against sides that should open up a bit and think they have a chance. Once we beat them too then we will be back in the groove to beat the WBA's of this world.

Lose this and we're in for a shitty Spring and Summer. My biggest fear is when the players finally get to parade that ugly trophy around Anfield we will be no longer champions. That's a grim thought, those players don't deserve that. Just win this game and all will be OK.

I think we need to be realistic with this game. Spurs away has never been a fixture that's given us deep joy in the past. Id take a draw right now if Im honest especially given how our form has been since Christmas.

I dont know about a must win, which would of course be great, I think it's a must not lose.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It is a must win. All the points we've dropped against the absolute shite means now we've made the more difficult games must win ones. 

Well in my view anyone saying it's a must win is likely to be disappointed on form and previous history for this fixture. Just my opinion though.