You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jurassic Park vs Halloween

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jurassic Park vs Halloween  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jurassic Park vs Halloween

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/21 at 09:17

41 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Not seen any Halloween films.

The first Jurassic park was brilliant, I remember I enjoyed it so much at the cinema that I went out the next day and bought the book.

I thought the rest were shit. 

Not going to vote in this one.

The book is weird 

Love Halloween but can't really remember the sequels or reboots. 3 was ok, but weird and nothing really to do with Michael Myers - was is repurposed or something?

I remember the impact Jurassic Park has at the time on popular culture. I'm still waiting for dinosaurs to be recreated.

I thought Jurassic Park 2 was ace - a real old fashioned monster movie. 3 was good and had the bird cage. 

The first Jurassic World was okay - although Bryce Dallas Howard was the main attraction.

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

I thought the book was much better than the film.

Some of the characters took it all far too much in their stride. For me it's one of the rare occasions when the film is better than the book. Maybe if I'd read the book first I might have a different opinion but I doubt it. 

40 minutes ago, Mook said:

I thought the book was much better than the film.

Me too. Must have been 25 years since I read it, yet the scene in the book of the velociraptor chase to the power boxes to re-boot the park still sticks with me. I couldn’t get over how amazing the writing was to have me on the edge of my seat petrified solely through the amazing narrative. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Wtf is going on here with people only seeing Halloween 3? It’s the only one that has no relevance to the rest of the franchise.

Halloween 1 supreme moviemaking. Jurassic higher quality with the ongoing movies. 

I saw the first one many years ago. I'm just not a fan of the slasher subgenre, even if Halloween is a great example of the type. Maybe I'll rewatch it again at some point.

Halloween is a masterpiece, probably Carpenter's best film, even better than The Assault on Precinct 13. I have not seen others, I don't care for horrors too much. Not much of a franchise, just some sequels to a seminal film that reinvented the genre in the '70s.

Jurassic Park was very entertaining but each sequel was, similarly, just trying to squeeze a little bit more money (quite a lot of money in fact) out of the original concept (oh, there was actually another island). 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm relieved to hear that, because it is truly fucking awful. 

Atrocious movie. Someone at Warner Bros must have realised they had a terrible movie on their hands and slapped a Halloween sticker on it to get a couple of quid back. 

Song on the adverts was a banger though....

• Upvote 1

Not much of a fan of the Jurassic World films but the original Jurassic Park was unreal, the sequels were ok too so that gets my vote.

Watched Halloween ....on Halloween and it’s still a decent film. The second one is good also. The latest one wasn’t too bad but all the others are pants.