Quantcast
TLW Deathpool 2021 - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
The Woolster

TLW Deathpool 2021

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You mean the government controlled media will milk the fuck out of this whilst the government continues to try and cover its murdering arse? You better believe it. 

No disrespect to the man and respects to his family but unless he was still in the armed forces at 100 years old he stopped being a 'Captain' about 60 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No disrespect to the man and respects to his family but unless he was still in the armed forces at 100 years old he stopped being a 'Captain' about 60 years ago. 

Actually you are bang wrong here, according to Debrett's:

https://www.debretts.com/expertise/forms-of-address/professions/the-armed-forces/

...regular officers who attained the substantive rank of captain and above may use, and be addressed by, their rank on retirement from the Army

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

2 in 2 days for me

I've got visions of you wearing a hooded robe with your bony hands brandishing a scythe, laughing evilly.

I knew somebody who worked at the BBC. She said on a day like today, every Z list celebrities agent would be ringing in trying to get their client’s tribute read out and they would get really angry when they were declined. 

37 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They were kinda right... 

FB_IMG_1612294809382.jpg

They’ve missed a trick there, medals won’t be going with him, they’re already on their way to be valued by Sotheby’s.

3 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

I'll replace Capt Tom with Frank Williams (The Vicar in Dads Army,not the F1 boss.).

Bloody hell didn’t realise  he was still alive!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I knew somebody who worked at the BBC. She said on a day like today, every Z list celebrities agent would be ringing in trying to get their client’s tribute read out and they would get really angry when they were declined. 

One for the "Shitness of modern life" thread

We are not supposed to reveal our list publicly. According to my conversations in my inbox,The Woolster hadn't even read my list. I think he might have his hands tied at the moment and Mrs Woolster is playing dominatrix.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

I'll replace Captain Tom with (reluctantly) dennis skinner. My dad's hero was Dennis

I thought about Dennis but did Eileen Derbyshire instead.

With your run of luck I might have dropped a bollock there.

Right, confession time, I sat down Sunday night to put my picks together for this year, but then I realised I had not submitted my Self-Assessment tax return, and it was deadline day!

So I haven't picked my team yet... good thing I brought in the new rule about late entries then! I haven't opened anyone's PMs yet (can't remember if you can see if messages have been read or not on this forum), so I will get my team picked and then post it on here, and then I will get everyone's lists together. Of course under the new rules, if any of my picks die within a week, I won't get the points.

Sounds like @littletedwest is off to a flier though, so I better pick well!

My list is as follows

Shannen Doherty

Jimmy Greaves

Jimmy Carter

Linda Nolan

Tracey Emin

Paul Canoville

Grace Victory

Renee Simonot

Tom Parker

Leon Spinks

I'll put everyone's teams together, hopefully this evening