The Woolster

TLW Deathpool 2021

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Maybe linked,yet again,to the old casey footballs? He played in the 60s and 70s before the technology improved significantly.

I would have thought so. Those old casey's didn't half soak up water off the pitch, heavy as fuck.

I got blasted in the side of my head with one when I was about 9, it near knocked me senseless.

These new balls are flyaways in comparison. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Maybe linked,yet again,to the old casey footballs? He played in the 60s and 70s before the technology improved significantly.

True, I can see it having an impact on the game in the near future, maybe no more heading, which won't be for the betterment of footy for sure but what can you do? 

He looked pretty gaunt and worn looking on his last few tv appearances but still shocked to hear this.  RIP Seán.

• Like 1

Sad news that. Always found him to be more likeable than funny. Reading the socials and everyone who met him saying he was a great fella. 

57 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Superb. Thanks for posting that, Stickman.

*wonders who I can send that on to

• Upvote 1

Genuinely gutted to hear about Sean Lock. 15 Storeys High was criminally under-appreciated, and he was always good value for laughs on anything panel show-y.

His take on child actors being one of my favourites

Was one of the first media types to put his head over the parapet to call Johnson a cunt too, whilst everyone else seemed smitten by his bumbling act.

• Upvote 1