You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2021

The Woolster

16 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Henry Darrow, 87. He was in The High Chaparrel.

I used to like that as a kid, the tune and pictures at the end too. I also had stirrings for Victoria but if Big John Cannon knew he'd probably have me balls for earrings. 

Can't place the chap you mentioned. 

38 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Sabine Schmitz,racing driver and part time Top Gear presenter,goes at 51.

Damn shame. She was clearly a top driver too. My abiding memory of her is when she was bouncing in her seat yelling "Faster! Faster! More! More!" while trying to race a Ford Transit around the Nurburgring.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Damn shame. She was clearly a top driver too. My abiding memory of her is when she was bouncing in her seat yelling "Faster! Faster! More! More!" while trying to race a Ford Transit around the Nurburgring.

I think she may also have been a stand in "Stig" on a couple of occasions,as you could see a blonde pony tail poking out from under the helmet.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

I think she may also have been a stand in "Stig" on a couple of occasions,as you could see a blonde pony tail poking out from under the helmet.

Ah, that's shite news. She always came across as a bloody good laugh as well. I liked her.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

He did have some shot on him back then. Long range goals were Bramas in those days whereas they're more commonplace now I suppose. 

Sad news. 

I wonder if that had anything to do with the balls being heavier? I mean the footballs, obviously, before one of you rascals chimes in with something cringeworthy and bollock related. 

I remember one of my mates having an old style casey, it was heavy as fuck. If it was wet you'd damn near knock yourself out trying to head it.

11 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I wonder if that had anything to do with the balls being heavier? I mean the footballs, obviously, before one of you rascals chimes in with something cringeworthy and bollock related. 

I remember one of my mates having an old style casey, it was heavy as fuck. If it was wet you'd damn near knock yourself out trying to head it.

It must have been. The ones used these days are like flyaways compared to them. 

Tentions beat me too it about the laces.  

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Vaguely, it was a long time ago. I mostly just remember it being like kicking or heading a boulder.

They could knock you senseless when you were a kid, even the size 3's, PE teacher telling you to get up, you're not hurt, they'd never get away with it these days.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Fucking diabolical when you headed it on the spot where the laces were.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Could be, but it makes it more of an effort I suppose. 

I've heard plenty of tales of Billy Liddell and how hard he hit them. 

What is it about dead pool threads and the people who start them dropping off the face of the earth?

I can't wait any longer for Woolster to confirm my Rush Limbaugh score, so I'm just going to go ahead and replace him without permission.

Bob Dole, please.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What is it about dead pool threads and the people who start them dropping off the face of the earth?

I can't wait any longer for Woolster to confirm my Rush Limbaugh score, so I'm just going to go ahead and replace him without permission.

Bob Dole, please.

Just replace when they go mate,  he'll catch up on them

• Upvote 1