Quantcast
Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Jason Bourne - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Jason Bourne

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Jason Bourne  

60 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Bourne

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 14:59

Star Wars another heavy contender for the title, arguably the favourite. I loved the first 3 and The Phantom Menace but I've not watched the rest. I saw The Bourne Identity in the pictures and its still one of my favourite spy films. The sequels were all decent as well. I've gone Bourne as I don't want to see it get dry bummed 

• Upvote 1

If you're of an age, then the first 3 Star Wars movies to come out in the cinema were the most amazing visual moments there was.  They were mind boggling.  Great stories, great films.  Obviously the next 3 were shite. But since then they've been pretty good.  And I'm not a sci-fi fella at all

• Upvote 2

Just now, JohnnyH said:

If you're of an age, then the first 3 Star Wars movies to come out in the cinema were the most amazing visual moments there was.  They were mind boggling.  Great stories, great films.  Obviously the next 3 were shite. But since then they've been pretty good.  And I'm not a sci-fi fella at all

Repped for the first part of your post. I’ve not seen the new ones and don’t think I ever will.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Star Wars another heavy contender for the title, arguably the favourite. I loved the first 3 and The Phantom Menace but I've not watched the rest. I saw The Bourne Identity in the pictures and its still one of my favourite spy films. The sequels were all decent as well. I've gone Bourne as I don't want to see it get dry bummed 

I never really got into the Star Wars films, I even found the first three a bit meh and I was right in the 11-16 age demographic for them when they were first released. The prequels were utter toss, and I fell asleep in the cinema watching Force Awakens.

The Bourne films are great though, thoroughly enjoyed those, so they get my vote, and not a sympathy vote either.

• Upvote 2

I know it will probably end up winning the whole thing but I just can't get into Star Wars, so I'm choosing the amnesiac assassin. The Bourne Supremacy is the real gem of both the film franchise and the novels.

• Upvote 1

Very tough considering i've just written off the Terminator franchise because 2 films are great and 4 are shite. I have to go with Star Wars purely for the Holy Trinity. The other 6 films can fuck off though.

The first 3 Bourne films are superb (haven't seen the 4th) but the OT is the best for me

Star Wars, purely on the strength of the Ewok cartoon theme song.

Top notch stuff.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Star Wars, purely on the strength of the Ewok cartoon theme song.

Top notch stuff.

Fuck me, that brought back memories.

Repped.

Just watched A New Hope today - thoroughly enjoyed it. Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One are brilliant, Return of the Jedi and Solo are decent, the rest are awful.

All four Bourne films are great; the first one had a huge influence on the spy genre.

Got to go with the sci-fi. For those who haven't seen it, Rogue One is Star Wars for adults - K2SO is how you do comic relief properly.

• Upvote 1

As a franchise, it's got to be Star Wars. Although I only like the original trilogy and the Mandalorian. The rest of Star Wars is either mediocre (prequels) or plain fucking shit (sequel trilogy). I've not seen Rogue One or Solo but both look boring as fuck to me.

The original Bourne trilogy is excellent and I have a soft spot for the 4th one with Jeremy Renner but not seen number 5. I think Star Wars still shades this one.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

As a franchise Star Wars had made millions in toy sales and soppy costumes.

A clear winner!

People are supposed to be voting for their favourite, though, aren’t they?

11 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

If you're of an age, then the first 3 Star Wars movies to come out in the cinema were the most amazing visual moments there was.  They were mind boggling.  

The first scene in the first film may have been its greatest moment.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Franchise. Not necessarily movies.

So we've drifted off in to Code territory where the tournament could have been replaced by an excel spreadsheet of sales. 

Never sat and watched Star Wars from start to finish which as I love sci fi is a bit odd but learned the story through cultural osmosis and the reviews of the later films put me off them. 

I’ll get round to them one day.