You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Jason Bourne

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Jason Bourne  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Star Wars vs Bourne

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 14:59

Star Wars another heavy contender for the title, arguably the favourite. I loved the first 3 and The Phantom Menace but I've not watched the rest. I saw The Bourne Identity in the pictures and its still one of my favourite spy films. The sequels were all decent as well. I've gone Bourne as I don't want to see it get dry bummed 

• Upvote 1

If you're of an age, then the first 3 Star Wars movies to come out in the cinema were the most amazing visual moments there was.  They were mind boggling.  Great stories, great films.  Obviously the next 3 were shite. But since then they've been pretty good.  And I'm not a sci-fi fella at all

• Upvote 2

Just now, JohnnyH said:

If you're of an age, then the first 3 Star Wars movies to come out in the cinema were the most amazing visual moments there was.  They were mind boggling.  Great stories, great films.  Obviously the next 3 were shite. But since then they've been pretty good.  And I'm not a sci-fi fella at all

Repped for the first part of your post. I’ve not seen the new ones and don’t think I ever will.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Star Wars another heavy contender for the title, arguably the favourite. I loved the first 3 and The Phantom Menace but I've not watched the rest. I saw The Bourne Identity in the pictures and its still one of my favourite spy films. The sequels were all decent as well. I've gone Bourne as I don't want to see it get dry bummed 

I never really got into the Star Wars films, I even found the first three a bit meh and I was right in the 11-16 age demographic for them when they were first released. The prequels were utter toss, and I fell asleep in the cinema watching Force Awakens.

The Bourne films are great though, thoroughly enjoyed those, so they get my vote, and not a sympathy vote either.

• Upvote 2

Very tough considering i've just written off the Terminator franchise because 2 films are great and 4 are shite. I have to go with Star Wars purely for the Holy Trinity. The other 6 films can fuck off though.

The first 3 Bourne films are superb (haven't seen the 4th) but the OT is the best for me

Just watched A New Hope today - thoroughly enjoyed it. Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One are brilliant, Return of the Jedi and Solo are decent, the rest are awful.

All four Bourne films are great; the first one had a huge influence on the spy genre.

Got to go with the sci-fi. For those who haven't seen it, Rogue One is Star Wars for adults - K2SO is how you do comic relief properly.

• Upvote 1

As a franchise, it's got to be Star Wars. Although I only like the original trilogy and the Mandalorian. The rest of Star Wars is either mediocre (prequels) or plain fucking shit (sequel trilogy). I've not seen Rogue One or Solo but both look boring as fuck to me.

The original Bourne trilogy is excellent and I have a soft spot for the 4th one with Jeremy Renner but not seen number 5. I think Star Wars still shades this one.