You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 08:57

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

The point I'm making is 2 phenomenal and 4 bad-good ones are better than 23 bad-very good ones.

But I wouldn't say any of the Marvel films, aside from maybe a couple like Ant Man and Black Panther, are actually bad. Most of them are good, some of them are very good, and a couple like Endgame and the first Guardians of the Galaxy are pretty close to the quality of T2. I'm not even a comic book fan, and I really enjoyed them.

I've been made to sit through all those Marvel films and all they all do is blow shit up with over exaggerated CGI. 

Thor Ragnarok I enjoyed because it was genuinely funny. Couldn't tell you anything about the rest of the films. 

T1 and T2 are just edge of the seat brilliant, even now. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Thor: Ragnarok? Really? 

It may be 23 movies, but it's one overarching saga, and the way all of those separate tales were pulled together was an absolute masterclass in storytelling. In fact I think the final third of Endgame may be my favourite hour of cinema ever.

I can understand people have different tastes, but the sheer snobbery of some in writing these films off as kids' movies just shows they really didn't understand them, because these Marvel movies have absolutely everything, including layer upon layer of subtext. And that they can say these things in contrast to the Terminator films, which really are just shallow popcorn flicks, is utterly risible.

I didn’t write it off as a kids movie. 

I voted Marvel but they had more than 2 poor movies in my opinion. Captain Marvel was so boring I gave up on it. Ant Man wasn't great either. Thor 2 was boring. Black Panther was dumb and overrated. 

But there are some real gems in there. Captain America 2 is one of the best comic book movies I've seen. Iron Man 1 is quality. Avengers Infinity War and Endgame also excellent. If we're including the pre-Disney Marvel movies, then Blade 1 and 2 were outstanding. And though they are owned by Sony, some of the X-Men/Wolverine and Spiderman movies have been quality too. Deadpool is great too.

Everyone who has put Terminator ahead of Marvel as a franchise, on here, is a middle aged hipster that dresses like De Niro in that Denero advert. Terminator lasted 2 movies, the rest are fucking toss with the last one finally burying the rusted corpse, it's hardly a franchise. 

• Upvote 1

I think some people are taking the word franchise too literally, in terms of how many, and different spin offs, and cash cows.  It just means a series of films.

Terminator is a series of films, two of which were tremendous and will go down as all time greats and not flavours of the month.

21 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think some people are taking the word franchise too literally, in terms of how many, and different spin offs, and cash cows.  It just means a series of films.

Terminator is a series of films, two of which were tremendous and will go down as all time greats and not flavours of the month.

Those windy-up Evel Knievels pissed all over those shitey fuckin plaggy Millennium Falcons anyway.

And so did an Airfix Spitfire for that matter.

Bader > Solo

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Those windy-up Evel Knievels pissed all over those shitey fuckin plaggy Millennium Falcons anyway.

And so did an Airfix Spitfire for that matter.

Bader > Solo

I got one of those Evel Knievels as a present and launched it down a flight of stairs about half an hour after opening it as its maiden stunt. It broke into many pieces and was then fucking useless . Most realistic toy ever. 10/10.

• Upvote 6

T1 - All time great. T2 is one vastly overrated film. Seen it in the pics when it first came out and I was underwhelmed. That winey kid and his overdramatic mother are still a hard watch. 

Ant Man, Iron man 1, the 2 captain America’s, 1st avengers and infinity war were boss. 

The rest of them were the same shit film with the characters names changed. 

6-1 score line for Franchise Marvel

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

T1 - All time great. T2 is one vastly overrated film. Seen it in the pics when it first came out and I was underwhelmed. That winey kid and his overdramatic mother are still a hard watch. 

Ant Man, Iron man 1, the 2 captain America’s, 1st avengers and infinity war were boss. 

The rest of them were the same shit film with the characters names changed. 

6-1 score line for Franchise Marvel

Over dramatic mother ?!?!?! What do you expect after what she’s been though and no cunt believes her they just keep licking her face when she’s asleep 

over-rated? FATE 

I think I have seen Guardians of the Galaxy and T2 out of the lot. I preferred T2 so voted for that though I enjoyed both. Tried to watch t1 but couldn't get into it. 

I'm also getting bored rigid of the marvel milkathon and reboots that seem to dominate the cinema. Why is it that sequels are usually regarded as shite by most people you talk to yet always seem to coin it in at the cinema? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Red74 said:

Spot on, the first film was brilliant.

The annoying kid renders the second one almost unwatchable.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Moo said:

I personally would have picked The Avengers as opposed to Marvel. I'm no Marvel fan by any stretch by the Avengers films were fun and the last 2 were very good. And as Stronts days the last hour of Endgame was gripping. In my opinion they were ore gripping than Terminator and a whole host of films. 

T1 & T2 great, but really hampered by the rest and the constant fucking about with the timeline. 

But Terminator edges it for Nostalgia. 

4 hours ago, Numero said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is the same film as Black Panther but with the characters renamed? This is why we have to show our workings, because you got the right answer but you got there the wrong way. 

I can’t class GOTG as pedigree Marvel. If you didn’t come into contact with Spider-Man while I was growing up in the 80’s then you’re nothing to me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1