Quantcast
Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator  

64 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Marvel vs Terminator

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 08:57

Terminator for me. Not watched many of the Marvel films. Not really my thing. Terminator 1 & 2 are great films. Proper great films. T2 is just fucking superb! 

Marvel, by sheer dint of numbers, have got more excellent films than the Terminator franchise, but the original Terminator and especially T2 are several levels better than anything put out by Marvel.

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Terminator for me. Not watched many of the Marvel films. Not really my thing. Terminator 1 & 2 are great films. Proper great films. T2 is just fucking superb! 

Word for word, the same thoughts.

Marvel films are good fun, and there are a few belters (Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War), but the first two Terminator films are two of the greatest films of all time. I just ignore everything after T2, much the same way as I do with the Alien films after Aliens.

I love T1 and T2, two of my most favourite movies of all time. But the rest of the movies in that franchise are just terrible. Marvel has more than its share of shite but overall has a lot more good movies than just the two from Terminator, so Marvel wins it for me.

Marvel. The first couple of Terminators are good. Then there is absolute dross after. If you are looking at the franchise and not which has better standalone films, it's Marvel for me. 

Funny how people just vote for what got released while they were kids and the glorification of it.

Marvel obviously.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Funny how people just vote for what got released while they were kids and the glorification of it.

Marvel obviously.

I marvel at the fucking shite that comes out of the munn of a mann lucky enough to live so close to the fjords. 

8 minutes ago, Code said:

It's arguably a fair comment, but not in this thread. T1 & T2 are widely recognised as very good films.  (Someone like Empire magazine did a list of the 100 greatest 20th Century movie villains and the 100 greatest 20th Century movie heroes; Arnie's Terminator was the only character to make both lists.) Like everyone here says, two great films followed by poo.

Also, there's a good chance that Marvel might win this. I really don't think they were released when most of the arl arses round here were kids.

Fucking Marvel? Ha, fuck off ya soft underpant cape wearing soft fucking gimps.

Typifies everything which is wrong about modern cinema and film making, bilious vomit inducing cynical money grabbing childish fucking shite.

Franchise. There's MuckDonalds and then there's Marvel. Fuck off.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Code said:

Marvel obviously.

Terminator was released two years before I was born. 

Marvel films are for kids and paedos. 

• Upvote 2

Is "Marvel" not a bit of a broad brush?  There's about 5,000 marvel movies so of course there's some really good ones.  Should it not be broken down a bit more?

Anyway, as a bit of protest, and also because I love T1 and T2, I went with Terminator.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Is "Marvel" not a bit of a broad brush?  There's about 5,000 marvel movies so of course there's some really good ones.  Should it not be broken down a bit more?

There have been 23 MCU films released thus far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Not a single bad one among them, which is more than I can say for the six Terminator films.