You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ha ha fair enough, you never know I guess!

We are doing this.

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Bloody hell lad. 

I've tried to put a brave face on it but you really win the Pollyanna award. 

Good for you, really. 

I can honestly say I enjoyed quite a bit of that game and thats how you know your attack wasn't completely shite. 

The front three have had a month long period and are ready for some loving. London Bridge is falling down...

4 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Out of the second most worthless competition in our season, played the inbred cunts off their own park for long stretches of the second half, undone by a novice's mistake and a poxy free kick after Saalh and Milner could have had the pointless exercise won and the bitch chorus are screaming at FSG for not buying sixteen centre backs in the summer. Some say that football fans are fickle but some of those that purport to be football fans are also hysterical fucking morons. 

It is a results business.

We had enough of 'we played great, but just lost' to these cunts and the other top sides for years, nursing our 'so closes' whilst they did what mattered and won things.

We are at our strongest point in 30 years and we are literally allowing them and others to close gap and go past us because we are playing kids who shouldn't be anyhwere near this level and midfielders at the heart of our defence - and doing so by choice now.

Just now, Code said:

It was obvious from the start, when the ref did not book Shaw after 4 minutes, when he ran backwards with the ball, and threw it in the opposite direction of where we had the throw in, that this would be an uphill battle. 

That wound me up no end. Clear caution for delaying the restart/unsporting behaviour. Absolute joke that was. Like saying to the ref, get fucked. 

28 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Lost, but played much better. Some nice touches and one twos actually coming off but the subs seemed to mess with the balance. 

Felt sorry for Williams. Never should be playing at this standard and was woeful at times but that's not his fault. 

Definitely a foul by Fab for me. If that was the other way round, we'd be fuming if it wasn't given. He can get the ball, stand the player up and it doesn't happen. 

Why, oh why, do we continue with short corners? It is so infuriating to just end up back at the half way line. 

Williams is horrific, staggering that he’s somehow got to this level, how the fuck he got here I’ve no idea, he’s dreadful.

25 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It really is something, yes we have injury problems etc but we’ve gone from prem and world champions to a fucking laughing stock in little over a year, it’s an incredible motorway pile up to see it really is. I’ve honestly never seen such a decline in all my years of watching football.

Fucks sake talk about getting carried away. Calm down for fucks sake. We are not a laughing stock. Just going through a dip these last few weeks after two amazing seasons of incredible consistency.Injuries playing a massive part. Players doing their best playing out of position. One or two dependables out of sorts. It happens.

Yeah we are struggling but we’ll come back. Decline? fucks sake

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

It can't improve unless these fucking mingebag owners allow us to get some defensive reinforcements in.

It is totally unsustainable to go on like this...its killing us and it hurts us in more ways than just watching the kind of mistakes and generally being out of his depth we saw from the poor kid again today who is thrown in there.

Fucking criminal the situation is.

I’ve honestly never seen anything like it from a club that has recently won the biggest prizes in the game, and I’m becoming increasingly concerned that Klopp won’t see out his contract if FSG continue to write off the club’s medium term future. His comments of late suggest real frustration; there’s a difference between buying into a certain degree of frugality and accepting no new signings when it’s an absolute emergency and not buying immediately stands to set the club back years. 

Regardless of whether we make top four this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if him staying is conditional on all major targets and contract renewals being signed. Trying to revive a club you rebuilt spectacularly but is now on its way to nowhere due to gross negligence at boardroom level is not worth the potential reputational damage to a manager who could currently walk into almost any club in the world.

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Williams is horrific, staggering that he’s somehow got to this level, how the fuck he got here I’ve no idea, he’s dreadful.

He was on loan at a National League North team last year, says it all. 

He’s got a new long term contract, just in the hope we can make some money on him. 

Our owners dont really understand football, so I dont think they would understand it if Klopp played him just to send a message either. 

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

I’ve honestly never seen anything like it from a club that has recently won the biggest prizes in the game, and I’m becoming increasingly concerned that Klopp won’t see out his contract if FSG continue to write off the club’s medium term future. His comments of late suggest real frustration; there’s a difference between buying into a certain degree of frugality and accepting no new signings when it’s an absolute emergency and not buying immediately stands to set the club back years. 

Regardless of whether we make top four this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if him staying is conditional on all major targets and contract renewals being signed. Trying to revive a club you rebuilt spectacularly but is now on its way to nowhere due to gross negligence at boardroom level is not worth the potential reputational damage to a manager who could currently walk into almost any club in the world.

It hadn't entered my head that Klopp could walk away but if this lack of backing costs us as we feel it is very likely to, who knows how he might react....especially given all he has done for the club and the owners to then turn him away when he needs their help, may from a man who is clearly big on loyalty be a turning point.