You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

Lost, but played much better. Some nice touches and one twos actually coming off but the subs seemed to mess with the balance. 

Felt sorry for Williams. Never should be playing at this standard and was woeful at times but that's not his fault. 

Definitely a foul by Fab for me. If that was the other way round, we'd be fuming if it wasn't given. He can get the ball, stand the player up and it doesn't happen. 

Why, oh why, do we continue with short corners? It is so infuriating to just end up back at the half way line. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

It really is something, yes we have injury problems etc but we’ve gone from prem and world champions to a fucking laughing stock in little over a year, it’s an incredible motorway pile up to see it really is. I’ve honestly never seen such a decline in all my years of watching football.

I was thinking the same. The mentality monsters have become a bunch of very fragile small kids. It all started with the CB problem, the insecurity have spread around the team. It is absolutely criminal that the owners denies Klopp the chance to fix this.

Drunk and emotional here. Proud of the lads.

There were far more to like about that not to like.

Bobby and Mo were great out there and Sadio was bang up for it.

Thiago looked the dog's bollox out there. Curtis looked good.

Character throughout the team and Trent much improved if still poor. Yeah I know but the kid will be his old self in a few weeks.

If we had Joel out there we win this game, but you know what, let them get through...an injury to one or two of their attacking players and they will drop points big time. 

I have this feeling we will win the league. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, we can criticise Fabinho for a clumsy challenge, but he's a midfielder playing out of position. True fault lies with the skinflints who have press-ganged him into the defence.

I agree, up to a point. Thing is, under pressure the midfield is going to be back defending the goal area anyway, and Fab does this shit all over the pitch.

As for the skinflints, when we’ve dropped out of Top 4 at the end of the season, maybe they’ll flash the American Express. That’s what it will take isn’t it? As long as Saint Jurgen keeps performing miracles on the banks of the Mersey, they’ll keep their hands in their pockets.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Character throughout the team and Trent much improved if still poor. Yeah I know but the kid will be his old self in a few weeks.

If we had Joel out there we win this game, but you know what, let them get through...an injury to one or two of their attacking players and they will drop points big time. 

Love the optimism mate but the season is done. All about staying in the top 4 now.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Best performance for some time. Sucker punched by a soft free kick. Pissed off we lost but better than I expected, especially in terms of performance. 

Those of you blaming refs are getting embarrassing now. 

I know what you mean but we really need a break and we’re just not getting one. At all. We seem to be held to the strictest of standards and it’s fucking frustrating.

A soft pen and we beat Newcastle and we’re better off points-wise and confidence-wise. But we don’t get anything game after game after game whilst our opponents get a bit of assistance. It’s hard to get round when you’re in awful form.

• Upvote 1

Blackburn and Leeds fell harder and faster. And fwiw, it's just actually a rectifiable situation. We are trying to play a really high line with either slowish defenders/midfielders or players playing a couple of divisions out of their depth. And fucking up our world class midfield in the process. 

Fix that with a couple of fast good defenders and we are well on the way. It's a pity we aren't in a transfer window. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It really is something, yes we have injury problems etc but we’ve gone from prem and world champions to a fucking laughing stock in little over a year, it’s an incredible motorway pile up to see it really is. I’ve honestly never seen such a decline in all my years of watching football.

Yeah but how many teams have you seen at top of league etc who are forced to and then choose to have a centre half situation like ours.

Different pair every week made up of a kid who should be playing in league 1, or a groc who might at a push get a game for a mid table championship team (both dead slow too), paired with a midfielder.

Or even two midfielders as a pair...

It is like us (as someone recently said) in 86 playing Ronnie Whelan and Steve McMahon at centre half or some kid from the central league with Nigel Spackman.

It is insane and it has completely fucked us and will continue to do so....you just can't get away with over time at the level we want to be at.

And of course it weakens us elsewhere too, like the middle because we are pulling key men out of it.

If we had an even half capable centre half in today instead of Willians we probably win....but reality is we didn't have and we didn't win...and it will happen too many times between now and end of season.

• Upvote 2

Two other points: 

It was not impossible for Allison to save any of their goals, especially the last was disappointing.

Salah; lovely finish for the first goal, then he produced the worst series of finishes I have ever seen in one match. Every shot was a lump without power, even his second goal, it was pure luck that it went in.  A deadly striker would have scored 5 with the chances he had today. It is not the first match that this happens either. 

• Upvote 1

Cavani was on his way down before Fabinho touched him. The cunt wasn't even showing any intent on getting the ball. I'm never having that as a freekick.

We still should have defended the freekick better though. It was a shit wall set up by Alisson. And though I Iike Thiago, it was a bit cowardly for him to duck out of the way.

• Upvote 1

Out of the second most worthless competition in our season, played the inbred cunts off their own park for long stretches of the second half, undone by a novice's mistake and a poxy free kick after Saalh and Milner could have had the pointless exercise won and the bitch chorus are screaming at FSG for not buying sixteen centre backs in the summer. Some say that football fans are fickle but some of those that purport to be football fans are also hysterical fucking morons. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Bloody hell lad. 

I've tried to put a brave face on it but you really win the Pollyanna award. 

Good for you, really. 

I can honestly say I enjoyed quite a bit of that game and thats how you know your attack wasn't completely shite. 

Well we're just playing with a loaded dice right now, arent we? I thought Pawson was shit. How does Sadio get booked for that 50 50 ball when fred's studs end up on Sadio's thigh? How does pogba escape a card and foul for hand in Gini's face? How does cavani get that free kick for falling over and handling the ball? Shearer and Wright can fuck off saying it's a free kick all day. They are strikers and yeah, shearer's really impartial.

I thought we played well all through the game considering the opposition. We started brightly and Mo nabbed a goal on 18 minutes. But the turning point for me was when we were outside united's box, Bobby plays the ball to Gini who just fucking gives it straight back towards Bobby. I keep hearing that Gini doesnt score as many for us as he does Holland because he doesnt play as far forward. The fuck, how much further foward does he want to be?

A quick break and a lofted ball sees Milner misjudge the flight to let Rashford equalise. Their second came from a mistake from Williams when he missed the ball allowing them to break on goal. I didnt think Williams did much wrong in the game except for that.

Trent had a free kick but once again, couldnt hit the target. Surely we have to try something else on these now? I just dont see what Curtis brings to the team especially in games this big.

Mo got us back in the game with his 2nd but once again showed his greed when all it needed for a 3rd goal was for him to square it to Sadio. Love Mo but get your head from up your fucking arse and start playing your teammates or should that be Sadio in. This is just getting ridiculous now and Jurgen needs to sort it out.

Then we had the 'foul' by Fabinho on Cavani. Every time I see the replay it's not a foul to me. He just loses his balance which is why he's patted the ball as he's gone down.

I thought Alli took ages with the wall and only positioned himself just before the ref blew for it to be taken. If you've got the wall covering the right of the goal, the keeper should be covering the left. Even then Thiago seemed to duck out of the way of the ball!

Hard to take that loss to be honest.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Does anyone think to get the best out of thiago we need fabinho with him along with Henderson. Much improved today, pissed off seeing oles and brunos grids. Is it irrational to want to batter them? 

Fabinho at 6.

Hendo and Thiago in front. 

It's the best midfield in the league

• Upvote 1