You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Have our players heads and arses gone. The drop off in almost every aspect of their game is startling. Even having no centrebacks cant excuse what we are seeing from a lot of players. We are shot to pieces. I think this season is a write off because the team only looks up for it in small bursts. Our away record has been appaling for a long time, this is also on the manager and coaches as they don't look like they have a clue how to address it. Theres no practical back to basics or alternative solutions we are plodding on and falling short. We don't look like we could buy a win. 

Ever since i6 became clear we were writing off the season by not signing anyone, funny that. 

A lot of these guys are in their prime and having a season completely wasted. 

1 hour ago, KevieG said:

Thats a fair point. We do have a system of play and if you don't have pace, unless you are franco baresi, you probably shouldn't be there. 

100% agree. Pace is something a player to a large extent is born with. Or without which seems to be the case for most of the younger CBs at the club. Even Koumetio who I understand is highly rated looks vwry slow.

We may of course need the odd grock at U23 and U18 to be able to deal with some of the alehouse opponents I’m sure we face. But really dont see a slow CB ever making the grade here, so it’s strange that our youth teams seem to be full of them.

34 minutes ago, The Guest said:

They’re essentially just kids who’ve come through the system.  The club will have no idea they would be that slow when they took them on.

I bet they're getting roasted by Shaqiri and Origi in training, and have been for the past 18 months.   Their lack of pace is not a surprise to Klopp. 

2 hours ago, Code said:

He was on loan at a National League North team last year, says it all. 

He’s got a new long term contract, just in the hope we can make some money on him. 

Our owners dont really understand football, so I dont think they would understand it if Klopp played him just to send a message either. 

Is the right answer.

But Origi gets converted to a CB in the summer and we have a new signing.

Let's go Red Sox!

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Knocked us out the FA cup and are 6 points ahead of us in the league. I just can't wrap my head around the switch in fortunes. Theyre better than us, as someone with a manc missus im fucking livid. 

They are 'better' form wise but you can see we are capable of tearing them to pieces. The gaping holes we have in certain positions drop us to below their level and they have decent replacements. They have also developed a winning habit while we've developed a losing one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judge said:

Two other points: 

It was not impossible for Allison to save any of their goals, especially the last was disappointing.

Salah; lovely finish for the first goal, then he produced the worst series of finishes I have ever seen in one match. Every shot was a lump without power, even his second goal, it was pure luck that it went in.  A deadly striker would have scored 5 with the chances he had today. It is not the first match that this happens either. 

No striker, not even the very best and deadliest ever, always score more than half their chances on the regular. Salah's conversion rate is actually good this season. It's one of the best so far.

It is a myth to think any striker gets 5 goals today with those chances. He scored two and has 19 for the season now. The guy needs to be cut some slack ffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

No striker, not even the very best and deadliest ever, always score more than half their chances on the regular. Salah's conversion rate is actually good this season. It's one of the best so far.

It is a myth to think any striker gets 5 goals today with those chances. He scored two and has 19 for the season now. The guy needs to be cut some slack ffs.

Correct

2 hours ago, Judge said:

Two other points: 

It was not impossible for Allison to save any of their goals, especially the last was disappointing.

Salah; lovely finish for the first goal, then he produced the worst series of finishes I have ever seen in one match. Every shot was a lump without power, even his second goal, it was pure luck that it went in.  A deadly striker would have scored 5 with the chances he had today. It is not the first match that this happens either. 

You meed to watch more footy mate. Your strikers would/should  be getting 100 goals a season. 

Just now, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Of course it did, nothing will ever be worst than the Owlgson era.

Oh aye....he is a shitstain on our history.

Just trying to recall 6 games without a win and 3 losses in them.

But yeah he was bound to have managed it 

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

Yeah it’s Bobby we should be worried about. He hasn’t performed for close to two years now. I’d like to see Salah given a run of games as a number 9, with Shaq on the right in a 4-2-3-1. Taki and Ox could rotate for the AM  role.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah it’s Bobby we should be worried about. He hasn’t performed for close to two years now. I’d like to see Salah given a run of games as a number 9, with Shaq on the right in a 4-2-3-1. Taki and Ox could rotate for the AM  role.

That's not Salah's natural position. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I didn't watch it, and I cant be arsed reading this thread, but having to go into an FA Cup match against our biggest rivals with a kid and a midfielder in central defence is an absolute joke. I'd understand if we were poor, but we're the fucking champions, recent world and European champions, and one of the biggest football clubs in the world. 

SHAMBLES.

Yes, and yet all we hear are excuses.

• Upvote 1