You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

Just unbelievable the way we haven't been arsed about the fa cup since the last time we got to the final. Down to the owners probably saying it's not a priority and the fact that we have a squad that is shit and can't compete in every competition. It's just seen as an inconvenience and the weekends we aren't in it are seen as a chance to rest the players. 

15 fucking years since we last won it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He has done NOTHING but give away free kicks and put the team in danger EVERY game he plays.

He's all fur coat and no knickers.

If you can't see that then get to Specsavers. 

In saying that, he might be much better when we have some actual CBs playing behind him. Until then, he's a liability. 

He's played like 5 games and apparently  that's enough for you to come up with the nonsense cliche of "not suited to the English game" the likes of Tim Sherwood parrot, so congrats to you, you're in good company.

I'm not gonna pretend he's been all he could be, he'd tell you that himself, but he's been very good in lots of ways. If you can't address that and would rather do the thing where you'd rather go against popular opinion and refer to a class player as a liability, that's fine, but I won't take that seriously.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

To look at the glass half full, we did play a little bit better, better than them, we lost because we gave away two goal and Cavani tricked to get the free kick.

We were a shamble on the right have side.

We seem physically and mentally knackered. 

We’ll beat Spurs !

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

Thought it wasn't a free for their goal but seeing the replay it looks like it was. Came in behind him and caught him. Daft from Fab.

Of course it’s a free kick, anyone who says otherwise are lying to themselves trying to find excuses to make up for fact we’re out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

Look, in the cold light of day that was a much improved performance. The same issues remain, and in fact were amplified, seeing as Matip is too fragile to risk, and Hendo is injured. So we have to play a child at centre back. That's just on the cunt owners. 

There was a bit more incisiveness in the play and we've scored two. Of all years we don't have a robust enough squad to compete in the FA cup. Maybe a blessing in disguise. 

It was an improved performance though i just wish they'd have a go first time, was it Milner? seconds before they scored and in the opening minutes. 

Anyway it was better plus a few goals at last. 

Our front 3 had some flashes of a vintage performance when they all got on the pitch. Even before Mané came on the attack looked good enough. I do think Mo went hat trick chasing a couple times when he could've passed the ball but at this points that's par for the course for him and I don't think it really would've mattered if he'd was on a hat trick or not. Defending still had some lapses, one of which directly lead to a goal and the soft (for me anyway) FK gave them a great chance to take the lead and they did.

The response to that was absolutely horrible. Just passing it back and forth from the fullbacks to the cbs into midfield and back out over and over before someone gets fed up and launches in an aimless cross or tries to flick it short and gives the ball away. No one really trying to beat a man. No one really trying to have a shot. If you didn't know any better you would've thought we were the ones trying to kill the game at times, and the only reason you might have sussed we weren't is because they were all too happy to let us recycle possession over and over. Say what you will about Origi, I'm not his biggest fan either at this point, but most of the time he gets on absolutely no one plays the ball into him in a way where he can use his size or that quick burst he still has to try to get in on goal.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Thought it wasn't a free for their goal but seeing the replay it looks like it was. Came in behind him and caught him. Daft from Fab.

I mean, we can criticise Fabinho for a clumsy challenge, but he's a midfielder playing out of position. True fault lies with the skinflints who have press-ganged him into the defence.

• Upvote 2

Regardless of whether it’s a free or not he makes Fernandez move the ball forward and then he just moves it back as soon as he walks off. And I’m not sure they’re allowed players that close to the wall.

Im just pissed off that cunt scored. I don’t think there’s ever been a more hyped cunt in the league. He’s absolutely made for them

and the way this fucking sport is going now.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do we go from the best in Europe to worse than this united team.

It really is something, yes we have injury problems etc but we’ve gone from prem and world champions to a fucking laughing stock in little over a year, it’s an incredible motorway pile up to see it really is. I’ve honestly never seen such a decline in all my years of watching football.

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Our front 3 had some flashes of a vintage performance when they all got on the pitch. Even before Mané came on the attack looked good enough. I do think Mo went hat trick chasing a couple times when he could've passed the ball but at this points that's par for the course for him and I don't think it really would've mattered if he'd was on a hat trick or not. Defending still had some lapses, one of which directly lead to a goal and the soft (for me anyway) FK gave them a great chance to take the lead and they did.

The response to that was absolutely horrible. Just passing it back and forth from the fullbacks to the cbs into midfield and back out over and over before someone gets fed up and launches in an aimless cross or tries to flick it short and gives the ball away. No one really trying to beat a man. No one really trying to have a shot. If you didn't know any better you would've thought we were the ones trying to kill the game at times, and the only reason you might have sussed we weren't is because they were all too happy to let us recycle possession over and over. Say what you will about Origi, I'm not his biggest fan either at this point, but most of the time he gets on absolutely no one plays the ball into him in a way where he can use his side or that quick burst he still has to try to get in on goal.

I've said it was an improved performance in the final third but we still need more runs and more movement there especially in behind. It was an important half step in the right direction but we still need a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

It can't improve unless these fucking mingebag owners allow us to get some defensive reinforcements in.

It is totally unsustainable to go on like this...its killing us and it hurts us in more ways than just watching the kind of mistakes and generally being out of his depth we saw from the poor kid again today who is thrown in there.

Fucking criminal the situation is.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, we can criticise Fabinho for a clumsy challenge, but he's a midfielder playing out of position. True fault lies with the skinflints who have press-ganged him into the defence.

Agree with you 100%. He's done well tbf but should be playing in his natural position 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

It really is something, yes we have injury problems etc but we’ve gone from prem and world champions to a fucking laughing stock in little over a year, it’s an incredible motorway pile up to see it really is. I’ve honestly never seen such a decline in all my years of watching football.

It's not a big surprise considering we have no centre backs available. This forces our best midfielder to play at the back. Without Van Dijk's leadership at the back, we just look weak defensively as a whole. The loss of Jota has also been a huge blow. 

If these tight cunt owners spent some money this month to bring in at least quality centre back, we'd look a lot better.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Regardless of whether it’s a free or not he makes Fernandez move the ball forward and then he just moves it back as soon as he walks off. And I’m not sure they’re allowed players that close to the wall.

Im just pissed off that cunt scored. I don’t think there’s ever been a more hyped cunt in the league. He’s absolutely made for them

and the way this fucking sport is going now.

He's emblematic of that club - overhyped, diving, cheating, cynical, conceited, favoured by the media and refs, piece of shit

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Gutting to lose to them but our attack looks a bit better. If we keep on that trajectory and keep getting better we might still have a season. 

True, we attacked well. Problem is the defence is always going to cost us if we keep having to rotate our CBs with inexperienced kids and players who are actually not even defenders.

• Upvote 1