You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

Very predictably we more than match them in general play, not to mention posession.

We also scored a very good goal, and our pressing at times have been at least ok.

But we give it away far too frequently, too easy and in the wrong places. Which allow them far more joy on the counter than we should. They are quality on the break, and could easily have scored at least one more.

Also set pieces is a major worry, the win every header from corners, both ends of the pitch. A matter of time before they score from one.

We need to get it in behind them more often, into the little space there is. Make their defenders face their own goal more often and they’ll make mistakes. And not least they wont be allowed to break so easily.

• Upvote 1

Just now, niallers said:

If I was spurs, I'd play son of the right and have kane do that rashford role. He'll ping those balls all day long over our defence. We're away from home, 1 up after a great goal and we stay gung-ho and get done on the break. Why not sit in and play a bit more solid and consolidate and grow our confidence. 

You'd play tommy robinson? 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

How are this lot top? Seriously? They are fucking garbage. Just a shame we’re no better currently. 

If we can start putting it together, we’ll catch them. Problem for us is we’re playing a different bloody team every game. I genuinely thought Henderson was getting a rest V Burnley, but no, he’s out for TWO bloody games. Matip gone again. WTF?

So happy Bob and Mo were involved for the goal. That will stand to them.

Williams looks what he is - a young lad out of his depth right now - but he is getting fuck all support.

The wife said you have been very quiet today given we're playing the Mancs (normally it's like the FA cup semi from 85). Truth being told I was thinking I don't give a fuck about the cup anymore and I just want to come back in the league. Now I'm cracking open the beer roaring all kinds of stuff at the United players and our blueshite neighbours just rang the wife to say fuck the Mancs and we'll get you back for 86' and 89'. Sound blues to be fair.

We will do these horrible scum. 3-1 and stick your goal drought up your arse Linekar.

• Upvote 3

We got off to a great start with Mo's goal after 18 minutes. We've been caught at least twice with breakaways since because Gini and Mo wouldnt take the shot on. Their goal came from Gini's refusal and poor ball back to Bobby who probably wasnt expecting it. Milner has just got to make that header though. It's come a long way and he's got a clear sight of it. Miss it and we're in deep shit which is what happened.

I think Alli's got to do more on Greenwood's shot than try and block it with a foot.

Trent still on free kicks and still putting them high and wide. Have we nothing else in the locker at free kicks? That booking for Fab is on Trent in my opinion. Loads of time with the ball yet fires it back to the keeper needlessly. Stop putting your own keeper under fucking pressure for god's sake!

Bobby did well on the goal but other than that, not seeing much from him or Curtis. They came on strong in the last 15 of that half and we did enough not to let them score again. We need to fucking get stuck into this second half and not let them have so much of the ball around our box.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nat Phillips got MOTM against West Ham. Why isn't he starting over Williams? 

He's fine for certain games and against certain players. He's absolutely not fine to play against Rashford and company. Williams at least had the Spurs and Atalanta performances against quality players, for whatever that's worth. Not worth much right now.

17 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

If we can start putting it together, we’ll catch them. Problem for us is we’re playing a different bloody team every game. I genuinely thought Henderson was getting rest V Burnley, but no, he’s out for TWO bloody games. Matip gone again. WTF?

Matip can't play once a week let alone 3 times. We've spurs on Thursday. Henderson is starting to get a little injury prone lately

Thought we had a reasonable first half. We have caused them problems and they have caused us problems. Considering the fact that we are playing a 19 year old kid who is slow and Fabinho at CB, Utd were always going to cause us problems with their pace.

So far, I think this is one of our better performances at Old Trafford in recent years. Some of the criticism I am reading here seems over the top to me. I reckon Mane coming on would help in the 2nd half. And switching Thiago with Gini could help stabilise our midfield better too.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Williams needs to bulk up. 

Also he needs to speed up, waken up, sharpen up and stay up.

The only thing he needs to do is get a train to Kettering. 

Liverpool need to build a squad that doesn't have the manager picking between him and Phillips.