You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

There’ll definitely have to be a lot of players rested for this one, with Spurs on Thursday and West Ham Sunday. Any less than four points from them and top four is going to look impossible. I wouldn’t expect a team as strong as the one that beat Villa's kids - we simply don’t have the squad.

There's going to be too much negativity if we get knocked out, better to go strong and relieve some of the pressure....fans will be able to feel slightly more calm going into what looks to be a rough looking next 3-4 weeks for us.

I'd personally go with Kelleher Trent Phillips Matip Tsimikas Milner Jones Ox Salah Minamino Firmino

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yes.

If Liverpool FC mattered in June 2019 and July 2020, then they still matter now.

Just fucking beat these fucking, fuckers, Reds, then kick on from there.

LFC always matter. Football at this moment in time? Not so much. 

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I have no idea what Klopp thinks of this. I would play a strong team, arrest this slump and knock these loud cunts out of the cup. 

Call me mental but I still think we will be there for the title come May. Teams go through bad patches. This is our. Last night is the deck because we can only get better now. Losing this is unthinkable. 

Alisson

Milner

Matip

Fabinho

Robertson

Henderson

Jones

Thiago

Salah

Minimino

Mane

I doubt we will see anything like that tough tbh. 

Yeah with Matip back, Hendo can take his rightful place in a more incisive midfield, supplying the strikers / fullbacks with quick quality ball.

Minimino is an interesting choice, but I agree on Bobby being dropped.

You know what? I’d start with Origi again. Yes he missed a golden opportunity, but he’s a big guy and still quite agile in the box. He needs support to boost his confidence. He could be a threat in the utd penalty area, given that Hendo will be upping the ante on delivery. Minimino could do the 2nd half if Origi has been abysmal.

Then we’ll consign the Manure to the dustbin of defeat.

8 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Yeah with Matip back, Hendo can take his rightful place in a more incisive midfield, supplying the strikers / fullbacks with quick quality ball.

Minimino is an interesting choice, but I agree on Bobby being dropped.

You know what? I’d start with Origi again. Yes he missed a golden opportunity, but he’s a big guy and still quite agile in the box. He needs support to boost his confidence. He could be a threat in the utd penalty area, given that Hendo will be upping the ante on delivery. Minimino could do the 2nd half if Origi has been abysmal.

Then we’ll consign the Manure to the dustbin of defeat.

I can see us going with Origi again, but as you said Minamino is interesting and that role could be his best role in our preferred set up theoretically provided he's willing to run. Origi's biggest flaw for me is his decision making on the ball, not that any of our attack have set the world alight in that regard recently. I'm not sure if it was just before or just after he missed the 1v1 but I remember him getting the ball on the left-center edge of the box with two defenders and Mané to his right and loads of space forward and left and rather than take that space he cuts inside to try to beat the first defender and ends up in a position where all he can do is shoot straight a goal because he's got no chance of beating that second defender, it also effectively took Mané out of the play. I understand being genuinely two-footed is rare for footballers but to not have the confidence to take that ball into space either setting up an angled attempt or a pass into Mané/across the box is ridiculous to me.

If there's anything these analytics cunts need to start identifying it's players that are willing to use their off -foot when it's the best decision. Coaches can improve on that shit too as far as I'm concerned but drumming it into players heads.