You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utd (A) FA Cup - Sun 24/1 - 17:00

Bjornebye

I have no idea what Klopp thinks of this. I would play a strong team, arrest this slump and knock these loud cunts out of the cup. 

Call me mental but I still think we will be there for the title come May. Teams go through bad patches. This is our. Last night is the deck because we can only get better now. Losing this is unthinkable. 

Alisson

Milner

Matip

Fabinho

Robertson

Henderson

Jones

Thiago

Salah

Minimino

Mane

I doubt we will see anything like that tough tbh. 

• Upvote 4

Grit. Organisation. Accuracy. Luck. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

Boy oh boy do we need a shift back towards what works! This recent spell is alarming and the slide needs to be arrested pronto. If it requires a 'Mark Robins' moment from one of our lot, so be it. "Intensity is our identity" is what Pep Lijnders called it when asked what made the team so good. On that basis, we've lacked identity for large parts of the season so far. Ponderous and predictable is what we've been in 2021. Take the cup tie against Villa's kids out of the equation and we've scored just 1 goal in our last 5 games. I dare say even Sheffield United have been more prolific than that.

A cup tie away at United. Not a happy hunting ground, as only once have we beaten them away from Anfield in the cup, and that was way back in 1921 when there wasn't even a Hit Parade, never mind a UK Top 40! The teams last met in the FA Cup at Old Trafford just over 10 years ago. We'd just dumped Hodgson and brought back the King to oversee the remainder of the season. That ovation when he stepped out was something else, but it was a team devoid of spark and confidence. We were undone by Howard Webb giving the Mancs a leg-up in the opening minutes (the precursor to PGMOL and VAR then), deeming Berbatov falling over in the box as a penalty which Giggs buried. Stevie got a straight red card for a heavy challenge on Carrick and we had to play out the rest of the game with 10 men. We hardly ever did anything right at Old Trafford with 11 men so to try coming back with 10 was a very tall order. It finished 1-0 and we were out.

X-Factor bums clogging the charts was a regular occurance in 2011, and it was the turn of Matt Cardle (never heard of the cunt but in this video he looks a bit like like Lallana) with a song called 'When We Collide', which is a cover of 'Many of Horror' by Biffy Clyro. It's a song every bit as insipid as our current form.

Just do whatever needs to be done to get the result. I'm not one of those who keeps asking for Klopp to jib off the FA Cup, and he shouldn't do that here. We've barely made a dent in the competition since winning it in 2006, and nobody can say that it's done wonders for us in the league so I don't buy that argument. Trying not to win something generally results in not actually winning anything.

• Upvote 2

This has become an important game for confidence levels of the players. When the draw was made I couldn't have given a fuck about it I was only interested in the league - now I think we could do with a win.

The players look dead on their feet void of ideas and some look like the energy levels are gone.

Trent, Mane and Firmino in particular look bunched to me and need a serious rest / break. Unfortunelty we are not in a position to take them out of the team for a sustained period. 

Is there any sign/ news of that waster Keita being available at some stage before the season ends??