You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 16-20 2021)

tlw content

Another shitty week. I don’t even know if you’ll bother reading this because it’s just been relentless levels of frustration and misery. Footy is shite when the Reds aren’t winning and the last few weeks have been a nightmare. I won’t blame any of you for skipping this because if I could have skipped writing it I would have.

I’m finding it hard to even get my head around some of this. Everton being in position to go above us when they’re quite clearly shit is really difficult for my brain to process, but it’s not just that.  We’re now behind a Leicester side that we completely outclassed what only seems like a few weeks ago.

It was men against boys that day and if you’d asked Brendan or any of Leicester’s players if they had a chance of being above us by the end of January even they would have said “no way”. Yet here we are, looking up at Leicester and United and City and wondering just how the fuck we got here. 

Well we got here because we can’t fucking score, that’s why. And now I’m having to sit here, watching MOTD, seeing goals fly in and points being picked up and I’m just feeling completely frustrated and pissed off. 

Pissed off with these other teams and their fancy ways like putting the ball in the net and winning games. Fuckin’ show offs. 

Pissed off with the completely inept officiating I’m seeing in virtually every single game. 

Pissed off with the suits who made changes to rules that didn’t need changing which has now only exacerbated the issue of incompetent match officials.

And pissed off with our front three for all going shit at the same time and for not playing for and with each other. But enough of them, I’m sick of talking about them lately so I’m going to say no more about the Reds in this and just focus on all these other cunts.

Starting with Leicester, who went second after a win over Southampton. Undeserved, not because of how they played but because no team with an away kit like that Southampton one ever deserves to lose. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Give them a Champions League place for next season so they can show it off in all its glory. Actually don’t, we might be needing that fourth spot unless things pick up.

Maddison has run into a rich vein of form of late and he put Leicester in front with a good run and powerful finish. The move started when Ndidi blatantly pulled back Diallo to win the ball but it wasn’t given. Fucking refs again.

Southampton pushed hard for an equaliser and Armstrong hit the bar. Leicester had chances too and eventually Barnes wrapped it up with a breakaway with the last kick of the game.

Chelsea ended their losing streak with a win at Craven Cottage but it was far from convincing. Mount got the only goal of the game late on but Fulham played a big chunk of the game with only ten men and still looked quite comfortable.

Mitrovic must be really stinking it up if he can’t get a game ahead of that Cavaliero jabroni though. He’s awful. He wasted Fulham’s best chance of the first half when he completely missed his kick and the ball hit his standing leg and looped wide. It was such a great move too and it ended with that. The right back who played him the ball was fucking disgusted, and rightly so.

Soon after Fulham were a man down when Robinson flew in recklessly over the ball and caught Azpilicueta. Clear red that one. Mount eventually broke the deadlock and then in stoppage time Timo Walcott should have wrapped it up when he went clean through only to shoot well wide. Someone needs to tell him he didn’t sign for us because he’s playing like he’s part of our front three.

Staying with Chelsea, you probably missed this but Thiago Silva’s missus was throwing shade at Robbo on Tik Tok. Incredible scenes. Robbo posted a clip where he skinned Jorginho at Anfield and this soft cow went wading in with "Chilwell is better than u dude you even lost to Southampton."

Where to even begin with that. It’s embarrassing beyond belief and I had to triple check to make sure it wasn’t fake news. “You even lost to Southampton” when Chelsea have been losing to every cunt lately. You just can't argue with stupid can you? Thiago Silva needs to keep her in check as she’s made him look a tit there.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

My uncle, who I always thought was a sound fella, hated Sammy Lee with a passion. He reckoned the only reason why he was getting a game was that his old man was a butcher and supplying Paisley with prime cuts.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Maupay, I watched him a lot at Brentford and had a lot of time for him. Early in his time there he was struggling to settle and missed an absolute sitter at Cardiff, so bad that it went viral. It could have ruined his confidence, but he kept his head down, started to score a few goals and never looked back. The other thing was that pretty much every week he was up against two big grocks and never took a backward step. He reminded me inhis attitude of Suarez in that respect, not as good obviously, but you loved him as your player while opposition fans hated him.

It’s dawned on me now that I actually hate football. I love the Reds, but I hate football and what is now is.

I agree with Dave U, 100%. I didn’t even realise until Wednesday that the Burnley game was last night, or that we were playing the Mancs again at the weekend. I’m totally fed up with it. I’ve only been coming on the site sporadically to catch up on various threads on the GF and now take part in a draft, after calling all the regular players “draft wankers” for the last few years. 

• Upvote 1

Ohhhh Hush , JBJ's covers are really pure Bad Medicine ...the last one was a right Shot to the Heart...he's livin on a prayer if he thinks he can do Beatles choons justice

Maybe Someday in the Next 100 Years he'll do a decent cover ...These Days he looks like a geriatric Ronan Keating and his crappy covers are a Thorn in MY Side

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 21/01/2021 at 16:21, tlw content said:

Another shitty week. I don’t even know if you’ll bother reading this because it’s just been relentless levels of frustration and misery. Footy is shite when the Reds aren’t winning and the last few weeks have been a nightmare. I won’t blame any of you for skipping this because if I could have skipped writing it I would have.

I’m finding it hard to even get my head around some of this. Everton being in position to go above us when they’re quite clearly shit is really difficult for my brain to process, but it’s not just that.  We’re now behind a Leicester side that we completely outclassed what only seems like a few weeks ago.

It was men against boys that day and if you’d asked Brendan or any of Leicester’s players if they had a chance of being above us by the end of January even they would have said “no way”. Yet here we are, looking up at Leicester and United and City and wondering just how the fuck we got here. 

Well we got here because we can’t fucking score, that’s why. And now I’m having to sit here, watching MOTD, seeing goals fly in and points being picked up and I’m just feeling completely frustrated and pissed off. 

Pissed off with these other teams and their fancy ways like putting the ball in the net and winning games. Fuckin’ show offs. 

Pissed off with the completely inept officiating I’m seeing in virtually every single game. 

Pissed off with the suits who made changes to rules that didn’t need changing which has now only exacerbated the issue of incompetent match officials.

And pissed off with our front three for all going shit at the same time and for not playing for and with each other. But enough of them, I’m sick of talking about them lately so I’m going to say no more about the Reds in this and just focus on all these other cunts.

Starting with Leicester, who went second after a win over Southampton. Undeserved, not because of how they played but because no team with an away kit like that Southampton one ever deserves to lose. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Give them a Champions League place for next season so they can show it off in all its glory. Actually don’t, we might be needing that fourth spot unless things pick up.

Maddison has run into a rich vein of form of late and he put Leicester in front with a good run and powerful finish. The move started when Ndidi blatantly pulled back Diallo to win the ball but it wasn’t given. Fucking refs again.

Southampton pushed hard for an equaliser and Armstrong hit the bar. Leicester had chances too and eventually Barnes wrapped it up with a breakaway with the last kick of the game.

Chelsea ended their losing streak with a win at Craven Cottage but it was far from convincing. Mount got the only goal of the game late on but Fulham played a big chunk of the game with only ten men and still looked quite comfortable.

Mitrovic must be really stinking it up if he can’t get a game ahead of that Cavaliero jabroni though. He’s awful. He wasted Fulham’s best chance of the first half when he completely missed his kick and the ball hit his standing leg and looped wide. It was such a great move too and it ended with that. The right back who played him the ball was fucking disgusted, and rightly so.

Soon after Fulham were a man down when Robinson flew in recklessly over the ball and caught Azpilicueta. Clear red that one. Mount eventually broke the deadlock and then in stoppage time Timo Walcott should have wrapped it up when he went clean through only to shoot well wide. Someone needs to tell him he didn’t sign for us because he’s playing like he’s part of our front three.

Staying with Chelsea, you probably missed this but Thiago Silva’s missus was throwing shade at Robbo on Tik Tok. Incredible scenes. Robbo posted a clip where he skinned Jorginho at Anfield and this soft cow went wading in with "Chilwell is better than u dude you even lost to Southampton."

Where to even begin with that. It’s embarrassing beyond belief and I had to triple check to make sure it wasn’t fake news. “You even lost to Southampton” when Chelsea have been losing to every cunt lately. You just can't argue with stupid can you? Thiago Silva needs to keep her in check as she’s made him look a tit there.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

Yes, football is a tough watch in general apart from our current dilemma which will get better I'm sure, my concern is that if we don't qualify for Europe, possible, is the ramifications it might have on us such as attracting players or even worse Klopps future at Anfield and his relationship with the owners. 

After all playing in Europe is what every player wants given the chance, it always has been. 

About that Southampton away kit, I said the same thing when watching with Saints fans down here, it is boss and for some reason it reminds of a kit some European team had in the 70s or something, i can't remember who though might be getting mixed up. 

Anyway we are still there, we haven't gone away, remember 82/83 season I think it was? We were about 12th up to around Xmas I think and went on a run to grab the title, I'm sure I'll be corrected, I can't say that will happen but for now I'm still optimistic despite the worries mentioned. 

The more I think about this the more I'm convinced that there's absolutely no way this can carry on and we'll be back on track sooner rather than later.

Statistically, what has happened in the last five games was almost impossible and it's not sustainable. The goals will come again as long as we keep doing what we're doing, and when they do we'll start to do what we're doing much better because confidence will return.

It's probably going to be too late in terms of retaining the title but there's no way we aren't getting top four unless we get more injuries to key players. 

The only thing I do worry about is the officiating because that's not something we can control. It almost feels as though we go into every game a goal down because we are playing with an unofficial handicap this season, I don't care what anyone says. I'm not imagining it, there's just too much evidence to back it up now.

• Upvote 5

Agree with all that, Dave. This run will come to an end soon.  

It's not  just that statistically it's next to impossible not to score from the number of chances we've created (even thought we're not playing well) but the way we've conceded from the very few chances we've allowed is freaky too.  A header which hits the woodwork, bounces out and then spins back in; a speculative backwards lob which loops right into the top corner; a soft pen when a similar, if not worse, challenge was completely ignored a few minutes earlier. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic