Quantcast
Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones  

71 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 12:03

I love the original 3 Indy movies. I think I've only ever enjoyed one Jaws movie. It gets repetitive after a while, how many movies can you make about a bloody shark? Indy wins this easily.

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I think Temple of Doom is great. Fucks sake it's got a chase on underground mine carts.

So has The Rock 

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I love the original 3 Indy movies. I think I've only ever enjoyed one Jaws movie. It gets repetitive after a while, how many movies can you make about a bloody shark? Indy wins this easily.

There's limited interest in one shark; you need loads of sharks in a tornado to sustain a franchise.

30 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can imagine that to be borderline unwatchable nowadays due to Mickey Rooney's character. Even at the time it was seen as problematic.

Also, Holly Golightly is just an annoying cunt. Paul Varjak is the more interesting character. 

The scene where Chief Brody, Hooper and Larry discuss the graffiti and closing the beaches ... That scene alone shits on anything in Indiana Jones ever and thats not even the best scene in Jaws. 

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The scene where Chief Brody, Hooper and Larry discuss the graffiti and closing the beaches ... That scene alone shits on anything in Indiana Jones ever and thats not even the best scene in Jaws. 

If it was just Jaws v Raiders, you're right - Jaws is a masterpiece. As a franchise (as others have pointed out in other threads), Indiana Jones wins in my opinion despite number 4. If you erased all the other Jaws films from history, would they be missed? I wouldn't want ToD and TLC to be erased as I still enjoy watching them.

Indiana Jones was inspired by old school adventure/caper films. It was designed to be reiterated and have further adventures added over time. Jaws is one of the greatest films ever, but shouldn't even have one sequel, let alone 3.

13 minutes ago, mars said:

If it was just Jaws v Raiders, you're right - Jaws is a masterpiece. As a franchise (as others have pointed out in other threads), Indiana Jones wins in my opinion despite number 4. If you erased all the other Jaws films from history, would they be missed? I wouldn't want ToD and TLC to be erased as I still enjoy watching them.

Heres to swimmin with bow legged women 

• Upvote 1

Hard one this.  The first Jaws is one of the best films ever made.  The book is even better.  But after that they are turgid shite, with the Michael Caine one possibly one of the worst movies ever made.  The Indiana Jones movies are Brilliant, Brilliant, Pretty Good, and watchable.  So therefore they win.

Jaws isn't a franchise it's one movie, same as Indy is a trilogy and one movie not to be spoke about 

Jaws kick started an ecological tornado to prevent sharks being pushed into extinction and to understand their behaviour. Indiana Jones was just another hollywood big budget and entertaining movie.

Special shout out to ‘Jaws: The Revenge’ where the shark kills one of the Brody boys, then follows Ellen Brody from Amity Island in New England to the Bahamas, to kill her too.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Special shout out to ‘Jaws: The Revenge’ where the shark kills one of the Brody boys, then follows Ellen Brody from Amity Island in New England to the Bahamas, to kill her too.

Revenge is a dish best served after a fucking long swim 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Revenge is a dish best served after a fucking long swim 

Just looked it up, would have taken the shark an average of 26 days to travel that distance if it did it without breaks.

Imagine if she’d already left when it got there.

The fume.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Jaws is fuckin shite, a movie about a fuckin fish. 

Id rather watch a naked Donald Trump paint my kitchen. 

Horror movies are the most boring thing ever invented. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Code said:

4uq1bk.jpg

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Code said:

This (and this is fucking saying something) is your worst ever post on this site.  

6 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

4uq1bk.jpg

Hahahaha 

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Just looked it up, would have taken the shark an average of 26 days to travel that distance if it did it without breaks.

Imagine if she’d already left when it got there.

The fume.

I'm pissing myself at this but it's worth pointing out that the shark may well have used public transport.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Code said:

I have never considered Jaws a horror film myself. It's scary but so are other genres.

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have never considered Jaws a horror film myself. It's scary but so are other genres.

I assume its a horror movie, in what genre would you label it?