You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Jaws vs Indiana Jones

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 12:03

I know Indiana Jones will win but Jaws gets my vote simply because Jaws is in my opinion the 2nd greatest film ever made. Jaws 2 wasn't that bad either to be honest. The rest were just shite like a lot of the 'other' films in this tournament. 

7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Indiana Jones is the better franchise (despite the shite that was Part IV). Jaws birthed the idea of a summer blockbuster and is a great film, but Raiders is my favourite Spielberg film ever.

Bold. I know its yours so its your opinion but fuck me you are pitting it against some absolute greats. 

Jaws, E.T, Jurassic Park, Schindlers List, Munich, Catch Me If You Can....

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I was never a big fan of Indiana Jones even though I saw the Last Crusade at the pictures. However, in recent weeks I’ve been rewatching the films on television and have enjoyed them.

Just generally catching up on films and sports results from the 80s, Tone?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Bitch of a tie.

Love Jaws but overall Indiana Jones is the stronger series. Jaws had some stinkers.

Other than that, nailed it.

I'm abstaining this because I'm not prepared to put Indiana Jones above Jaws. Yeah, I know, it's about the franchise, but this is how I roll. Suck it up bitches.

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Jaws is one good movie, a so-so sequel, and two pieces of excrement.

Indy is two classics, one watchable racist romp, and one more we shall never talk of again.

I've only ever seen it once and I didn't really pick up on the racism the way I probably should have - I just remember a woman and child screaming for an hour and a half (which is why I've never bothered watching it again).

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've only ever seen it once and I didn't really pick up on the racism the way I probably should have - I just remember a woman and child screaming for an hour and a half (which is why I've never bothered watching it again).

Repped if I had any. Fucking shitty website.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I never noticed it until relatively recently, but we're all so much more sensitive to these things these days, and the portrayal of India is pretty offensive, on top of the white saviour trope.

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Kate Capshaw looks amazing in it, though.

551FA58D-5BAA-4F93-BAA6-F59143F1C9F2.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I never noticed it until relatively recently, but we're all so much more sensitive to these things these days, and the portrayal of India is pretty offensive, on top of the white saviour trope.

I made the mistake of watching Breakfast At Tiffany's a few years ago, for the first time since I was a kid.

Fuck.

Ing.

Hell.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I made the mistake of watching Breakfast At Tiffany's a few years ago, for the first time since I was a kid.

Fuck.

Ing.

Hell.

I can imagine that to be borderline unwatchable nowadays due to Mickey Rooney's character. Even at the time it was seen as problematic.