You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky

Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/21 at 15:35

Two of the great underdog DIY stories in cinema. Both ending with upset wins at the Oscars.

The Rocky series is hindered by some patchy quality, but even at the height of that Rocky 4 hit a sweet spot - can't help but love it.

Wallace and Gromit stretches to several great TV series, including prolific (and brilliant) Shaun the Sheep and across loads of media - even sculpture with all those Gromits around the place. 

Closer for me than many seem to think. The best of both is Rocky and The Wrong Trousers, Rocky wins out of those two, still need to think whether the sheer amount from Aardman outweighs that.

Edit: Nah that theme tips the balance. Goosebumps in the cinema.

A bastard of a draw. Wallace & Gromit combines hugely entertaining stories with heart and technical excellence. The Rocky series is also hugely entertaining and has more continuity and character depth than it's given credit for. That said, there hasn't been a shit W&G yet, whereas Rocky V exists. Aardman Animations gets my vote, just.

• Upvote 1

Getting involved in this stupid tournament against my better judgement. Rocky is the right answer, by the way.

Can I suggest the next tournament be peoples Mas? I'd quite like to know if the forum thinks Tony's ma would batter Stigs ma. I'd put my own ma in but she's been dead 20 years, which in my book is a disqualifying factor.