Quantcast
Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Back to the Future vs Carry On - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Back to the Future vs Carry On

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Back to the Future vs Carry On  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Back to the Future vs Carry On

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/21 at 10:32

I just voted on what would I sit down right now and watch, basically any of the BTTF films over any of the Carry Ons, which IMO have aged badly.

Carry Ons appeal will have been that is was a bit lewd in an era where you couldn't just type "Asian grandma pegs pool-boy in a kennel" into a search bar and be away. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Carry Ons appeal will have been that is was a bit lewd in an era where you couldn't just type "Asian grandma pegs pool-boy in a kennel" into a search bar and be away. 

Haven't seen that one.

Any good?

2 hours ago, _______________ said:

I just voted on what would I sit down right now and watch, basically any of the BTTF films over any of the Carry Ons, which IMO have aged badly.

Which is why I'd rather watch one of them.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

People always say about old films "you couldn’t make that today", meaning that we're now all too prudish. With the Carry On films, the opposite is true: all the daft innuendo, which was their stock in trade, wouldn’t work now,  in an era in which people are comfortable talking about fucking and wanking and whatnot.

Just now, johnsusername said:

For me, BTTF is the most entertaining film ever made. 2 and 3 are solid, but 1 is perfect from beginning to end. 

BTTF is the best movie of the 1980s for me, definitely in my top 5 of all time.

• Upvote 1

Angry is right about the BTTF sequels though, they are substantially inferior to the first film.

BTTF is better than any single Carry On movie, but people need to remember this is a franchise tournament.

Considering I don't like the Carry On films, I went with BTTF. Glad it won. I'm surprised though, what with the amount of 120 year old men stuck in considerably younger bodies. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Angry is right about the BTTF sequels though, they are substantially inferior to the first film.

BTTF is better than any single Carry On movie, but people need to remember this is a franchise tournament.

The Back to the Future sequels are not as good as the first film but they’re enjoyable none the less, in my opinion.

I like some of the Carry On films but would choose to watch any of the BTTF films over them.

19 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Carry on. Always got a nonce vibe off the Doc.

What's the point in training to be a doctor if you can't nonce all over a few kids? 

The standards on here are relentless. 

Back to the Future films were decent enough but I still laugh at a good few of the Carry on Films and they are more culturally important than those comments about Bond films being so. Carry On covered pretty much all the cultural vagaries of British society through the ages and took the piss out of it big time. Good old British innuendo over slick,yank action films every day.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Don't forget Valerie Leon either. Pure sex.

I think it was the tight cowboy outfit she wore, always did something for me as a younger boy.

image.png

I do however see your point,

image.png