Quantcast
Music Tournament Winners - The FINAL - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Music Tournament Winners - The FINAL

Music Tournament Winners - Crown the Best   

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Vote for Your Favourite Winning Artist

2. 2. If I had included Fleetwood Mac above, would you have voted for them instead?

3. 3. If I had included The Beatles in the above, Would you have voted for them instead?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 19:00

Ok, the 5 winners of the tournaments go head to head. 1 vote each, artist with the most votes by 7pm on Friday wins. 

I have added a couple of sub-questions out of curiosity. 

Plumped for Bowie, in the moment, but it could easily have been The Stones.

Fleetwood Mac beat the other winners but are probably a bit behind these two.

The Beatles piss all over everyone. 

Can't be bothered trawling through all of the earlier threads, but what was the reason The Beatles weren't included? 

Or is it simply based on Yorkshire Red's astute summation?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Total Longo said:

Can't be bothered trawling through all of the earlier threads, but what was the reason The Beatles weren't included? 

The Beatles & Aretha Franklin were left out of their respective tournaments as Stig thought they would've won easily.

2 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Stig didnt feel their music was white enough. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mook said:

The Beatles & Aretha Franklin were left out of their respective tournaments as Stig thought they would've won easily.

It figures. Based on the votes so far, they would have. 

People have voted Kraftwerk over Bowie and The Rolling Stones. This site is (quite rightly) going to get shut down. Fucking Terminators. 

• Like 1

Absolute shoo-in for Bowie this, probably correctly so, too. Definitely someone that i always admired rather than loved, but impossible to argue with his innovation or influence.

Voting showing that it was probably the right call to leave out The Beatles. I’d thought that at the outset but, given some of the voting that then took place in the tournaments, I wouldn’t have been overly surprised to see them knocked out by The Wurzels or some percussion quartet from the mountains of Peru. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Voting showing that it was probably the right call to leave out The Beatles. I’d thought that at the outset but, given some of the voting that then took place in the tournaments, I wouldn’t have been overly surprised to see them knocked out by The Wurzels or some percussion quartet from the mountains of Peru. 

You're right, Jaime Guillermo Guardia Neyra never did get the recognition his talent deserved.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Absolutely. These votes have shown up the strong South American bias alright...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, because the tournaments were full of Peruvians and such like.

15 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I usually just try to choose whatever I think will make me look coolest in front of some internet randoms who I'll never meet.

Haha I know, I bet half the Kraftwerk voters don't even know that all 4 members are actual Robots and were in-fact built by Skynet 200 years from now and were sent back just to win this tournament and piss me off. Fucking pretenders. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Haha I know, I bet half the Kraftwerk voters don't even know that all 4 members are actual Robots and were in-fact built by Skynet 200 years from now and were sent back just to win this tournament and piss me off. Fucking pretenders. 

Bippen boppen boop boop beepen boop.

Genuine Kraftwerk fans will know what I mean.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What series of polls mate? As in all the music ones? 

Yeah. When did you start asking for suggestions for the UK band poll?

Looking back I think it was July?

Wow, fair play. Been fun chatting and taking the piss around it all. 

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah. When did you start asking for suggestions for the UK band poll?

Looking back I think it was July?

Wow, fair play. Been fun chatting and taking the piss around it all. 

Yeah around then I think, maybe before. The GF needed a distraction. Instead of it being a pleasant distraction though it just uncovered how many nonces we have registered on here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2