You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Music Tournament Winners - The FINAL

Bjornebye

Music Tournament Winners - Crown the Best   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Your Favourite Winning Artist

2. 2. If I had included Fleetwood Mac above, would you have voted for them instead?

3. 3. If I had included The Beatles in the above, Would you have voted for them instead?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 19:00

Just now, Total Longo said:

Can't be bothered trawling through all of the earlier threads, but what was the reason The Beatles weren't included? 

The Beatles & Aretha Franklin were left out of their respective tournaments as Stig thought they would've won easily.

Voting showing that it was probably the right call to leave out The Beatles. I’d thought that at the outset but, given some of the voting that then took place in the tournaments, I wouldn’t have been overly surprised to see them knocked out by The Wurzels or some percussion quartet from the mountains of Peru. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Voting showing that it was probably the right call to leave out The Beatles. I’d thought that at the outset but, given some of the voting that then took place in the tournaments, I wouldn’t have been overly surprised to see them knocked out by The Wurzels or some percussion quartet from the mountains of Peru. 

You're right, Jaime Guillermo Guardia Neyra never did get the recognition his talent deserved.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Absolutely. These votes have shown up the strong South American bias alright...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, because the tournaments were full of Peruvians and such like.

15 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I usually just try to choose whatever I think will make me look coolest in front of some internet randoms who I'll never meet.

Haha I know, I bet half the Kraftwerk voters don't even know that all 4 members are actual Robots and were in-fact built by Skynet 200 years from now and were sent back just to win this tournament and piss me off. Fucking pretenders. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Haha I know, I bet half the Kraftwerk voters don't even know that all 4 members are actual Robots and were in-fact built by Skynet 200 years from now and were sent back just to win this tournament and piss me off. Fucking pretenders. 

Bippen boppen boop boop beepen boop.

Genuine Kraftwerk fans will know what I mean.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What series of polls mate? As in all the music ones? 

Yeah. When did you start asking for suggestions for the UK band poll?

Looking back I think it was July?

Wow, fair play. Been fun chatting and taking the piss around it all. 

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah. When did you start asking for suggestions for the UK band poll?

Looking back I think it was July?

Wow, fair play. Been fun chatting and taking the piss around it all. 

Yeah around then I think, maybe before. The GF needed a distraction. Instead of it being a pleasant distraction though it just uncovered how many nonces we have registered on here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2