You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

My biggest disappointed with this team, what saddens me most is every time we've gone in half time either trailing or level we've never come out with intention to step it up and win.

Not even going to include Villa....

First happened at Brighton

Then Newcastle

Then West Brom

THen Southampton

Then Utd 

and now Burnley

Nothings changed.

Won a few bob?

• Like 1

In general football has been far from enjoyable the past year, take away the trophies...you have no fans, you have worst than ever before refereeing, if that wasn't bad enough you got VAR, FA full of corrupt bastards, you have the Premier League who want to charge to watch each televised games for £15 in the UK, there's nothing to like about the game.

It's gone from being top priority, getting the popcorn cider bottles ferrero rocher chocs ready and watching it on the 60" TV to glass of sparking water, a ready meal and streaming it LQ on the laptop.

THere's no excitement pre match or post match.

I used to watch full analyse pre & post of every live game on TV, now I get up and turn off straight after the FT whistle.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Support your own team?

So supporting your team comes without being allowed to critise the players, performances, results or the way they play?

It's a 400mile round trip from me to Anfield, I'm a full member and I've been there 5-6 times every season until Covid hit, I have Liverpool FC tattooed across my arm, I spend hundreds on the clubs official stores, I don't think I need to be told to support my team.

We win the CL and PL back to back with the best ever season finishes we've had, you're heroes in my eyes....but you can go from hero to zero too if we were to finish below Everton this season and let Ole and his scums win the prem.

4 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

So supporting your team comes without being allowed to critise the players, performances, results or the way they play?

It's a 400mile round trip from me to Anfield, I'm a full member and I've been there 5-6 times every season until Covid hit, I have Liverpool FC tattooed across my arm, I spend hundreds on the clubs official stores, I don't think I need to be told to support my team.

We win the CL and PL back to back with the best ever season finishes we've had, you're heroes in my eyes....but you can go from hero to zero too if we were to finish below Everton this season and let Ole and his scums win the prem.

Wool

We've had some diabolical performances since the Watford game eleven months ago, many of them even with Virgil in our side, so while the centre half fiasco has speeded up our demise, I'm not sure it has completely driven it. 

I also think the Atletico game last year gave every grock manager a tutorial in stifling us. 

I think the intensity of Jurgen's game was always going to catch up with us at some point. The players just look empty. For all that, it was still a pretty phenomenal trade-off for a European Cup (almost two) and a league title. 

It's very difficult to see us even being in the title race in a few weeks time now. Maybe we can do something in Europe if things start to improve and Virgil or Gomez return in the medium term. 

We need to rebuild, recalibrate and come back even better next season. 

7 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

7 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Willy Wonka knows....

Rojo, we were doing more than fine this season until Virgil got injured....I think a lot of people knew our season was

going downhill soon as it was confirmed he was out with ACL.

Other than the shameful Villa defeat, we were on course to winning the title still, smashed Arsenal smashed Chelsea and got absolutely screwed against the Bitter cunts.

We have now found ourselves in a mini crisis because of the last 6 games.

Other factors too. Loads of teams are just playing low blocks now, not just with us but in other games too. Its boring to watch and with no fans to groan the negative side or cheer on the attacking side, its just like glorified sunday league. Without the fun.

The fans are now the big miss because you pay for the best to perform under pressure and now theres no pressure on anyone. Its a massive leveller.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

It’s a 400mile round trip from me to Anfield, I'm a full member and I've been there 5-6 times every season until Covid hit, I have Liverpool FC tattooed across my arm, I spend hundreds on the clubs official stores

Fantastic! You deserve one of these. Have you got one?

DE354E58-B0C3-4C46-ACBF-4672411AEF33.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Other factors too. Loads of teams are just playing low blocks now, not just with us but in other games too. Its boring to watch and with no fans to groan the negative side or cheer on the attacking side, its just like glorified sunday league. Without the fun.

The fans are now the big miss because you pay for the best to perform under pressure and now theres no pressure on anyone. Its a massive leveller.

Its a massive leveller. Solksjaer would have been out on his ear with full stadiums booing them off earlier in the season.

We would have had a rocking Kop venting years and years of frustration and letting everyone know it, galavanizing the players and especially Klopp who clearly thrives on it.

As you say, its a bit Sunday league with amplified importance given to the idiot Journos waving there microphones about trying to create a story  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Its a massive leveller. Solksjaer would have been out on his ear with full stadiums booing them off earlier in the season.

We would have had a rocking Kop venting years and years of frustration and letting everyone know it, galavanizing the players and especially Klopp who clearly thrives on it.

As you say, its a bit Sunday league with amplified importance given to the idiot Journos waving there microphones about trying to create a story  

In full agreement. Not sure if I'm gonna watch at the weekend. Its not because we are in a rut, it's just everything feels off. The hype, the manufactured scenarios, the crap refs, VAR and the sterile atmosphere. Its like Football Dystopian.

• Upvote 1