You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

The way we performed versus Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Atalanta, Leicester, Wolves and Spurs this season is as good as anything we have ever produced under Klopp.

There were plenty of games in the past 2 years like what we've witnessed this month, only ending in a 1 nil.

"They always find a way" was the most common phrase I'd hear this time last year.

Things have simply compounded into this shit storm we face now.

- The same 11 being relied on to produce the goods week in week out 

- Klopp's philosophy of not getting in the refs face or play-acting

- Klopps philosophy of being loyal to his players 

- Firmino's 18 month dip

- A serious lack of investment in the squad

- The introduction of VAR

- Covid 19

- The lockdown 

- Football with no fans

- Getting the monkey off our back

- No bus tour

- No pre season

- Dodgy as fuck VAR calls

- Big injuries to key players

- ALL our centre backs being out at the same time

- Klopp getting involved in petty squabbles about fixtures and comments made by others (he never used to do this)

- Gini's contract 

- Mo's interview

- A general but understandable complacency

- An apparent attitude of feeling sorry for ourselves 

Winning the league after 30 years, and Covid 19 have together given FSG the room to tighten the purse strings even more.

Winning the league after 30 years has also given the media, the refs, and other teams the impetus to screw us wherever possible.

It was obvious that injures were always going to fuck us. We've all been saying this since 2018.

VVD, Thiago, and Jota staying fully fit all season and we'd probably be double figures ahead of 2nd place.

Whether we can ever get back to that is a different matter altogether. With or without those 3.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, m0e said:

The way we performed versus Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Atalanta, Leicester, Wolves and Spurs this season is as good as anything we have ever produced under Klopp.

There were plenty of games in the past 2 years like what we've witnessed this month, only ending in a 1 nil.

"They always find a way" was the most common phrase I'd hear this time last year.

Things have simply compounded into this shit storm we face now.

- The same 11 being relied on to produce the goods week in week out 

- Klopp's philosophy of not getting in the refs face or play-acting

- Klopps philosophy of being loyal to his players 

- Firmino's 18 month dip

- A serious lack of investment in the squad

- The introduction of VAR

- Covid 19

- The lockdown 

- Football with no fans

- Getting the monkey off our back

- No bus tour

- No pre season

- Dodgy as fuck VAR calls

- Big injuries to key players

- ALL our centre backs being out at the same time

- Klopp getting involved in petty squabbles about fixtures and comments made by others (he never used to do this)

- Gini's contract 

- Mo's interview

- A general but understandable complacency

- An apparent attitude of feeling sorry for ourselves 

Winning the league after 30 years, and Covid 19 have together given FSG the room to tighten the purse strings even more.

Winning the league after 30 years has also given the media, the refs, and other teams the impetus to screw us wherever possible.

It was obvious that injures were always going to fuck us. We've all been saying this since 2018.

VVD, Thiago, and Jota staying fully fit all season and we'd probably be double figures ahead of 2nd place.

Whether we can ever get back to that is a different matter altogether. With or without those 3.

You had me at molnkey.

16 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

If we can play our way back into form then we could be back in it before too long, because we are about to go on a run of top of the table six pointers. A win at Spurs next week would be a huge lift. 

But I just don't see where the next result comes from, let alone the next goal. It's crazy how things have changed in 3 weeks. 

We could beat Spurs and City (and West Ham and Leicester, both away)... and still be 4 points behind City.

It's not just uphill, it's Everest.

But, I guess if all that happened we'd be back in form.

On 22/01/2021 at 00:02, General Dryness said:

No, I'll carry it on here, and for what it's worth you crying cunt I couldn't give a fuck about your son.

Giving it the big one. If you were stood in front of me I'd make you cry for your fucking whore of a mother. 

On 22/01/2021 at 00:08, liverpoolsno9 said:

Classy. I’ll be equally as classy.  Listen mate, I only hope you get COVID and it fucks your life up beyond repair. I’ll refrain from mentioning your mum or your offspring. You despicable twat. 

On 22/01/2021 at 00:13, General Dryness said:

You fucking started this and you fucking escalated it, don't start crying when you can't fucking handle getting told straight by someone who isn't as much of a wet little fanny as you.

Are you fucking finished, or do you want to keep on crying?

On 22/01/2021 at 00:30, liverpoolsno9 said:

I started it?  Fuck off you bad melt. You shouldn’t go round calling people a ‘spastic’. Now, kindly fuck off or put me on ignore. I don’t want to see your fucking posts like.....

General Dryness

• Champ's Search Bitch
  •  
  • General Dryness
  • Season Ticket Holder
  • 20,522 posts

Fucking done with this shite 

Tells us what sort of a fan you are, you’re ok when we’re Champions but when tines get hard? You’re done with this shite. You absolute tucking prick. 

On 22/01/2021 at 00:31, corro said:

Looks like the cups then. Twat Utd Sunday and kick on. 

On 22/01/2021 at 00:35, General Dryness said:

No, I won't put you on ignore, and don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do, you fucking spastic.

For what its worth, my son has a medical condition too, the details of which I won't go into here. The difference between you and me is that I'm not pathetic enough to bring it up in an argument on a football forum.

Corro there 

50F9D270-95E3-4136-9636-564F3E7D6092.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 21/01/2021 at 23:00, Nelly-Torres said:

I'd start Williams over him at the moment. He does look off the boil. His crossing was piss poor too. As was his engine. Doesn't look fully fit. 

Trent was so easily beaten by opponents vs Burnley and pretty slow to run back, he’s totally out of shape , he needs resting.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Trent was so easily beaten by opponents vs Burnley and pretty slow to run back, he’s totally out of shape , he needs resting.

Just a point on this because it wasn't mentioned in commentary and it should have been. When McNeil skipped around Trent with what initially looked like a class trick, the replay showed he completely fucked it up and the ball went the opposite way to what he was trying to do. That's why Trent was befuddled by it.

In general though yeah he's not been defending great. That one incident wound me up though as the commentators were falling over themselves to big up McNeil, who is actually shit as I've been saying in the round ups for ages.

Just because he's the only player at Burnley who can outrun a tortoise and he bears some semblance to an actual footballer he's hyped up well beyond his capability.

• Upvote 1