You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

My lad has just been down to see me, bemoaning fact we are not gonna win league or get top 4 and how poor we are playing....just had to pretend and be positive to him 'half the season to go, lad'....'lets see where we are after played Man City'...'remember when were 3-0 down to Barcelona'.....'when i was about your age we won league after being 12th at Christmas'...

It wouldn't be so bad if i actually believed a fucking word of it as he went back upstairs full of belief!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, an tha said:

My lad has just been down to see me, bemoaning fact we are not gonna win league or get top 4 and how poor we are playing....just had to pretend and be positive to him 'half the season to go, lad'....'lets see where we are after played Man City'...'remember when were 3-0 down to Barcelona'.....'when i was about your age we won league after being 12th at Christmas'...

It wouldn't be so bad if i actually believed a fucking word of it as he went back upstairs full of belief!

Would’ve loved to see you being positive mate!

Even if only pretending.

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Maybe the secret is to hammer it low and hard across the box, the grocks can’t adjust their feet as quickly and you’ve more chance of a ricochet going in, which quite frankly, I’d take at the moment.

When playing Neanderthals you simply keep the ball low, move it fast, give and go. You will win 124-0

Passing and running off the ball - Soccer Coach Weekly  

53 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Oh fuck off pal, people say a whole lot worst on here and nothing like this gets said.

I go off on 1 because we lose a game so "I don't support the club"

So tell me wise cunt, how is 1 supposed to react after a humilating loss against the worst fucking side in the league.

Our unbeaten home run is gone, we basically sit 6th in the fucking table so am I suppose to lie about how I feel right now?

The proper TLW post-defeat responses are to offer real life straighteners outside fast food restaurants, try to get them sacked from their jobs, wish Covid and/or death on people and insult their children and/or mothers. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The proper TLW post-defeat responses are to offer real life straighteners outside fast food restaurants, try to get them sacked from their jobs, wish Covid and/or death on people and insult their children and/or mothers. 

To be fair that happens on Twitter. Some fella from brookside offered Ramos a straightener outside the Royal Court after he injured Salahs shoulder. 

Plus if you disagree with anyone they just lay into you and tell you they want you to die of bad aids.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

To be fair that happens on Twitter. Some fella from brookside offered Ramos a straightener outside the Royal Court after he injured Salahs shoulder. 

Plus if you disagree with anyone they just lay into you and tell you they want you to die of bad aids.

So there are perfectly reasonable people on Twitter after all. I don’t know why it’s got such a bad rep. 

1 hour ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Oh fuck off pal, people say a whole lot worst on here and nothing like this gets said.

I go off on 1 because we lose a game so "I don't support the club"

So tell me wise cunt, how is 1 supposed to react after a humilating loss against the worst fucking side in the league.

Our unbeaten home run is gone, we basically sit 6th in the fucking table so am I suppose to lie about how I feel right now?

You bet against us winning? Do you?

I remember being at the gym checking our progress on the Palace match thread on here, and coming away thinking that we've asserted our authority at the top of the pile again and, with the run of games we had coming up over Christmas and new year, we should put some distance between us and the pretenders. Fair to say things haven't quite worked out like that.

Yes, we're short in defence, which has meant pulling midfielders back, in turn weakening our midfield, but what I find the most puzzling is the complete lack of form from all the front three. The service might not be all it could be, but we can't score a fucking goal for love nor money, and this from the much-lauded most feared forward line in Europe over the past two or three seasons. We're basically at the point the point where we're (well, me at any rate) waiting and hoping for the guy signed as the fourth choice/rotation option to save our season - which at this point means making top four.

Bleak times indeed.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I remember being at the gym checking our progress on the Palace match thread on here, and coming away thinking that we've asserted our authority at the top of the pile again and, with the run of games we had coming up over Christmas and new year, we should put some distance between us and the pretenders. Fair to say things haven't quite worked out like that.

Yes, we're short in defence, which has meant pulling midfielders back, in turn weakening our midfield, but what I find the most puzzling is the complete lack of form from all the front three. The service might not be all it could be, but we can't score a fucking goal for love nor money, and this from the much-lauded most feared forward line in Europe over the past two or three seasons. We're basically at the point the point where we're (well, me at any rate) waiting and hoping for the guy signed as the fourth choice/rotation option to save our season - which at this point means making top four.

Bleak times indeed.

This post is not inflammatory or insulting enough.

• Upvote 1

Does feel like the wheels have come off. The levels of the players and the performances have definitely been circling the drain for a while now but we've managed to keep going through sheer force of will and momentum. Now it looks like that momentum has dried up and we're just left with a tired and somewhat stale squad. It's a shame because I can't help but feel pissed off with the whole situation but these lovely cunts have given me three years of success, effort, desire and outstanding football so channeling my frustration and anger in their direction feels a bit unfair. But then again what else is there to do?

In the early days of Klopp I used to content myself with quite happily seeing a positive team that enjoyed its football and won more often than not, and to a certain extent that's all I'm arsed about: if you're watching a team like that week in week out then you're luckier than the majority of football fans and there's something to build on.

And that's the central problem at the heart of things at the moment (although I do think we'll not look quite so shagged if the form picks up even slightly): the players just don't look like they're enjoying their football. Whether it's to do with the lack of fans or just that they're a bit jaded - either because they've gone 'soft' through success or it's just accumulated fatigue of back to back 90+ point seasons and CL finals - I don't know, but I fear we need two things to truly reach our best level again: the fans back in the stadium, and some relatively significant turnover in the squad (beyond the usual "x or y isn't good enough" - not saying they are, rather I just think we more need some fresh faces with new motivations to rub off on those around them). In short, we need to revolve, not evolve, and we need another Chris Evans on our hands.

Just to add as well. As usual: the referee was fucking shite (how the fuck Alisson following through slightly on Barnes post-touch is a clear penalty but Mee wiping out Mane post-touch isn't is fucking beyond me, and he might as well have kicked off twenty minutes late for all the time he gave Pope for goal kicks), and we just aren't getting the luck (rival deflections are falling kindly for them whilst that Trent cross-shot that Firmino hit at a defender sums up our last month). Not that these excuse the performance, which was rank, but it's yet more obstacles being placed in front of us to overcome.

Hopefully the latter can turn a bit soon and we can go on a bit of a run, get top 4 (the title is gone, I've come to peace with it) and see some surgery in the summer. And I can't be arsed arguing about whether it'll happen or not.

My biggest disappointed with this team, what saddens me most is every time we've gone in half time either trailing or level we've never come out with intention to step it up and win.

Not even going to include Villa....

First happened at Brighton

Then Newcastle

Then West Brom

THen Southampton

Then Utd 

and now Burnley

Nothings changed.

Still absolutely seething about that last night, I don't know where we go from here or when this shambles of a run will end, I don't see us scoring at the weekend and expect us to limp out of cup.

The only positive from last night is that Tyler wasn't doing the commentary otherwise I'd be sat here now  in the doghouse waiting for Amazon to arrive with a new telly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Donkey radish? I've never heard that around these parts before. Do you live in a field? 

2 hours ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Well you've heard it now so deal with it.

& why the fuck if your name easytoslip you utter utter imbecile. 

FF > MF. 

1 hour ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

My biggest disappointed with this team, what saddens me most is every time we've gone in half time either trailing or level we've never come out with intention to step it up and win.

Not even going to include Villa....

First happened at Brighton

Then Newcastle

Then West Brom

THen Southampton

Then Utd 

and now Burnley

Nothings changed.

You only ever show up on here when we lose. Bit suss like